“TERRIBLE!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Mansfield, Texas
“TERRIBLE!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I dont know where to start. If I lived closer I would file a small claims suit to get my money back.

1. No towels in the room.
2. Door to room was bent and would not close properly so a huge gap in the door you could see outside through and you had to lean into it with your shoulder to close it.
3. Door to bathroom was too small for door frame so you could not close the bathroom door and there was a huge two inch gap between the door and the frame.
4. No remote control for the TV.
5. Sheets so thin you could see the stains in the mattress underneath. Pillows also like paper and the bed was like a torture device.
6. Floors were filthy and had not been vacuumed in a year.
7. No free breakfast because they "forgot to stock up".

This place was a bad joke!!! The owners have no business being in the motel business. I want my money back!!!!

Room Tip: Pick another motel, its the only way to find a good room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Richfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

The hotel had a pool and hot tub which was nice after a long drive.

The room was bargain basement - not horrible, not nice

Strange Smell in the lobby.

This hotel was not horrible - let's say it was "right priced"

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Traveling home after the death of my mother. Stopped here for the night. The room my son and I were given was terrible. Stains on the carpet and paint peeling off the wall. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned in days. We were tired from the long drive that day, so we were going to just stay it out. That was until we turned down the covers on one of the beds to find hair on the pillow and sheets. I went to the front desk, told the clerk we were not going to stay because of the condition of the room. He gave me this look, like, whatever! I told him I did not want to be charged for the room, asked for a receipt, which he gave me showing a ZERO charge. Lo and behold, when I arrived home, checking my bank account...I WAS CHARGED. I wrote a letter to the corporate office, requesting a refund. To this day they refuse. I will sleep on the ground or in my car before I ever stay at any of this company's hotels ever again. They will no longer get my business. BTW...the Best Western next door is where I ended up getting a room and let me tell you, THEY WERE AWESOME! Definitely recommend them over this trashy place.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend ANY room here
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012 via mobile

We checked in and checked out! The room was dirty (toilet and countertops). The rooms need updating everything is old.

• Stayed February 2012
Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

The sign advertizes 39.99 which is a bargain. The room was clean but very bare. Our wall mounted bedside light would not work because the cord would not reach the plug.
Parking and entrance was inadequate for large vehicles. The bed was hard. The pillows limp. But you get what you pay for. It was cheap but could have been better maintianed. We have stayed in better for a similar price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Old VIRGINIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

Clean, safe, friendly. Overnight stop enroute to Flagstaff and Grand Canyon. Denny's Restaurant nearby.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Davos, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

We should have read the Tripadvisor first, but we were on the road and I had only the AAA book at my hand! As amenity the AAA and the hotel brochure ( the one in the room) give a coffee maker and a hairdryer. None of them was there! Not even a ice bucket! At the front desk they just gave us a plastic bag, with the answer, it`s the housekeepers problem ! Confronted with the missing coffee maker and hairdryer : in some rooms they have them !!???? Which ones? The floor was dirty, the bathroom was kind a O.K., at least the sheets were clean, though with holes in it!!!! The room looked old and rundown. The only reason we stayed, was because we have been tired and is was already late. In the morning I asked for the manager to complain, because the lady`s at he front desk ( evening and morning ) did not show any interest at all beside their private cell phones . She told me, the manager comes only to pick up the mail !!! So, if you can, choose a other hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Golden Inn? Share your experiences!