“Most disgusting place I have ever seen” 1 of 5 stars

Golden Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2596 Navajo Blvd., Holbrook, AZ 86025   |
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Long Beach, California
“Most disgusting place I have ever seen”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Traveling home after the death of my mother. Stopped here for the night. The room my son and I were given was terrible. Stains on the carpet and paint peeling off the wall. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned in days. We were tired from the long drive that day, so we were going to just stay it out. That was until we turned down the covers on one of the beds to find hair on the pillow and sheets. I went to the front desk, told the clerk we were not going to stay because of the condition of the room. He gave me this look, like, whatever! I told him I did not want to be charged for the room, asked for a receipt, which he gave me showing a ZERO charge. Lo and behold, when I arrived home, checking my bank account...I WAS CHARGED. I wrote a letter to the corporate office, requesting a refund. To this day they refuse. I will sleep on the ground or in my car before I ever stay at any of this company's hotels ever again. They will no longer get my business. BTW...the Best Western next door is where I ended up getting a room and let me tell you, THEY WERE AWESOME! Definitely recommend them over this trashy place.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend ANY room here
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Phoenix, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We checked in and checked out! The room was dirty (toilet and countertops). The rooms need updating everything is old.

• Stayed February 2012
Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

The sign advertizes 39.99 which is a bargain. The room was clean but very bare. Our wall mounted bedside light would not work because the cord would not reach the plug.
Parking and entrance was inadequate for large vehicles. The bed was hard. The pillows limp. But you get what you pay for. It was cheap but could have been better maintianed. We have stayed in better for a similar price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Old VIRGINIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

Clean, safe, friendly. Overnight stop enroute to Flagstaff and Grand Canyon. Denny's Restaurant nearby.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Davos, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

We should have read the Tripadvisor first, but we were on the road and I had only the AAA book at my hand! As amenity the AAA and the hotel brochure ( the one in the room) give a coffee maker and a hairdryer. None of them was there! Not even a ice bucket! At the front desk they just gave us a plastic bag, with the answer, it`s the housekeepers problem ! Confronted with the missing coffee maker and hairdryer : in some rooms they have them !!???? Which ones? The floor was dirty, the bathroom was kind a O.K., at least the sheets were clean, though with holes in it!!!! The room looked old and rundown. The only reason we stayed, was because we have been tired and is was already late. In the morning I asked for the manager to complain, because the lady`s at he front desk ( evening and morning ) did not show any interest at all beside their private cell phones . She told me, the manager comes only to pick up the mail !!! So, if you can, choose a other hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Antelope, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

Hotel was very shabby on exterior. Room was small, but very clean and quiet. Wireless internet worked very well. Cost was low. Jerry's [?] Restaurant was next door. Evening and morning clerks were not helpful and seemed very unhappy. Breakfast was marginal, but in line with similar priced hotels.

• Liked — convenience, cleanliness, internet worked
  • Disliked — Unfriendly clerks
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
safford az
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2006

Clean but needed repair. Our son, who slept by the door, woke up with hundreds of termites in bed with him. They were also crawling on the floor, in the window and under the door. We notified the desk clerk who said, "It's just the time of year when they do that." Also the air conditioner did not work and the bedspreads were very old and faded. Definitely wouldn't recommend it and will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Golden Inn? Share your experiences!