“avoid like the plague” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Holbrook

You added Howard Johnson Holbrook to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Holbrook
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2608 East Navajo Boulevard / I-40, Holbrook, AZ 86025 (Formerly Ramada Limited Holbrook)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Phoenix, Arizona
“avoid like the plague”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

while working in holbrook, i made an advance reservation at the ramada limited based strictly on name value. room reserved was a smoking room and this was confirmed. after arriving, was told they had no smoking rooms with two beds and i would have to smoke outside of the room. i even offered to upgrade the room to a king smoking with a cot. was told rather rudely by the manager that this would be against their policy and i now had a double non smoking and again could smoke outside. one thing to note, the temperatures were in the 20's.
can;t even tell you about the quality of the room as i went next door to econolodge and received great service.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Santa Fe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

Best under $50 motel I've found! Everything clean and comfortable! After an exhausting trek through Canyon de Chelly and camping in high winds and red dust, I high tailed it to Holbrook and was relieved to find this place the minute I arrived. A typical motel room with all the amenities (fridge, coffee, tv, wifi), new and clean, great price.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed two nites at the Ramada Limited just recently. We arrived tues nite, checked in, went to our room which was extremely hot and stuffy, The airconditioner was off. It took 2 hours to cool off our room. The next morning we decided to go visit the petrified forrest, we were gone no longer than 2.5hrs. When we got back to our room, we discovered somebody had come into our room and shut off our airconditioner. When I called down to the front lobby, the manager answered the phone. I asked her if somebody had been in our room and turned off the ac, she admitted it, then proceeded to tell me " you cant leave the ac on 24/7". I was furious, we almost checked out but decided since I paid cash for two nites that we would stay. Did I mention that when she came into our room we had a "do not disturb" sign posted on our door knob. I then proceeded to call corporate, I now have an official investigation being done on these owners... so travelers beware, there is no privacy at the Ramada Limited in Holbrook. And god forbid you want to use the airconditioner during the summer!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

I get the feeling that Ramada are competing with the likes of Super 8 and Budget Inn, ets, etc. this motel is no exception. The motel is situated very close to the Highway and there are several restuarants within walking distance. The motel itself seems old and tired, however i spent 2 days there and was pleasantly satisfied. The room was very large, clean and tidy although there was a smell of brick dust. access to the reception was by an external walkway, although my room was next to the reception. there is a small indoor pool which is just about adequate, however it is not open in the morning. Breakfast was standard cereal and toast. There is not a great deal of night traffic so outside remains quiet, ideal for a good sleep. Essentially this motel is a budget stop, do not expect luxury, however for 140 bucks for 2 nights i coul hardly expect the Hilton

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Finding out the pool was not open in the morning, after i had booked in
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Phoenix, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2007

Although, right next to the freeway it was surprisingly quiet, but only marginally clean. Wifi was up and reception ok. The free continental breakfast was pathetic. There was a heated, indoor pool and jacuzzi if you want to relax or exercise. Not competing well with the competition I'd say. I'll stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2006

First, we arrived late in the afternoon after guaranteeing late arrival...our reservation had been cancelled because the national number had not provided the motel with our information. They did find us a room at a reduced rate and beds were comfortable, two bright spots. However, the towels were like the roughest grade of sandpaper. The breakfast consisted of small, massproduced muffins, stale powdered minidonuts or various forms of cheerios. Topping it all were the signs everywhere stating rules such as failure to return your key would result in a $10 fine. I would not go there again.

• Liked — The desk clerk who checked us in
  • Disliked — The towels were extremely rough
  • Tips/Secrets — Pick a different motel in this area- there are many others
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2003

My daughter and her Husband had a room at the Ramada Inn Express (Dump) Holbrook on her wedding night as a gift from his Brothers.
I took them some things that they needed the next morning and I was shocked at the room condition!
The front was folling off of the dresser (held on with 1 screw).
The bathtub had been patched by a 3 year old from the looks of the fiberglass job.
The carpet was toren in 3 or more places, and the sink was badly chipped.
Over all I would rate this as one of the worst motels in the Holbrook area and I live here and have been in many of the Motels over the last 20 years that I have lived here.
I contacted Ramada management / Ownership and their response was SO WHAT!

Been to Howard Johnson Holbrook? Share your experiences!