“Old and worn, but CLEAN and quiet!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Carmichael, California
“Old and worn, but CLEAN and quiet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had ridden a long day of motorcycle miles and was glad to arrive at this place. It was the first place I saw that had the old motor lodge look where you can park your motorcycle right in front of your room.

Check-in was excellent and easy and the host was very very friendly. They provided a voucher for breakfast in the neighboring diner and provided coffee in the room. The breakfast was very good and I felt it was definitely plenty of food. The waitstaff was kind and attentive.

Though the place is old, its very nicely painted and cared for. The bed and bedding was excellent and the pillows comfortable. It was also very clean inside and out. The trains run through the town, but I love the sound so it certainly didn't bother me.

I would definitely stay here again when traveling through the area!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I booked based on the free breakfast reviews and knew the hotel would be rough. Rough is a compliment. I'll start with breakfast. Breakfast was fair to good. Not spectacular like others stated. Mine came with one piece of French toast two eggs and two sausage links, the only included drinks are coffee and water. The Room. The floor was dirty, I assume it was due to the gap under the door. But with the state of the carpet; cig burns, stains, and tears, I guess maybe they gave up on the floor. Hair was found on the sheets in places that made it look like someone slept there and they didn't change the sheets, they just made the bed. The same color and length hair was found in the bathroom. The shower, low shower head like usual, but the water was hot through my entire show. The trains were tough because as soon as you fall back asleep another one comes by. I travel for business and pick inexpensive hotels. I'm used to bare bones, but this was broken bones. If I was with my girlfriend I would've left and found another place; by myself, I was able to bear it but wouldn't choose to do it again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Tucumcari, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a cheap older motel. It was clean enough. Nothing glaringly wrong. Don't expect the Ritz. It was a bed and bathroom. Just what I look for. Best thing is the free breakfast at Tom & Suzie's across the parking lot. Check them out a 4 star diner.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Leadville, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a tuff one for me simply because I had left my Temperpedic pillow there and they kept it for me until we came back through and I picked it up, that was very nice and professional, as all of the staff seemed to be. Unfortunately the greatness of the people/staff is just about where the great ends.

It was Not very clean! You could see the dirt line on the floor around ALL of the furniture and we were afraid of walking on the floor barefoot. There were cigarette burns in the carpet in a supposed "non Smoking" room. Plus they had hand towel size towels that are rough and very thin. Also it says they are pet friendly but they upped our stay by $22 for having a pet and put us in this scuzzy room. So if none of this bothers you and you throw in the train horn go for it...

It was late and we were coming off the road other wise we may have asked for a refund, for sure I would not pick this place again...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Brno, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I didn't like this motel at all. And I'm not a hard to please traveler. Comparing to the all properties where we stayed, this motel was the worst choice during our month roadtrip. Room for 4 people was very small, I'm happy we stayed here only for one night.
Free breakfast across the parking lot was...well, was free.
If you can, spend some extra bucks and pick something else for stay. You get here what you pay for.
There are a lot of good reviews, maybe we just got bad room and a bad chef in the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Holbrook, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

location location location ! well lit large parking lot, clean with security cameras...rooms are clean and kept clean. Office management and staff are friendly, helpful, and family oriented. Affordable rates.
restaurants are close, and food is deliverable. i will be back.
reccommended for all.

Room Tip: i liked the room i had, had no interest in askn for different room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bear, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stopped here for a night, based on previous reviews. The hotel more than exceeded our expectations- it was clean, the parking lot was well-lit, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the restaraunt was clean and food delicious. We will most definitely stay here again, adn have already recommended this hotel to friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Holbrook? Share your experiences!