“Not at all impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Green Valley
Sun City, Arizona
“Not at all impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed here for eight days and we were underwhelmed to say the least. First, good luck finding anyone at the front desk. We arrived on Wednesday. I told them on Friday that they needed to unclog or replace the shower head because I squirted water over the top of the shower curtain when you tried to use different settings because it was plugged up with hard water deposits. And the one setting that you could use, the water did not come out right. I told them on Friday, because it was the first time I could find someone at the front desk. We left the following Thursday and it still was not fixed.

The door to the room did not close properly because the door frame was loose -- you could lift up on the door handle and the frame was come away from the wall. Since it was loose, the door did not shut unless you pulled it shut and the interior safety latch did not work right either because it did not line up properly since the door was sagging.

The pool was dirty and the hot tub did not work. Plus, they had signage saying that you could not take any food or drink into the poor area. Hmmm, Arizona, in the desert, in the summer, and you cannot take drinks to the pool area. Bad idea.

What else? Oh yeah, the side entrance was placarded both inside and outside that you needed your room key to enter. That's standard practice, no problem. But when my room key would not let me in, the clerk told me that the side door was for exit only -- so if you room is near the end of the hotel -- too bad. You have to go all the way to the main entrance to get in.

However, the maid service was nice -- they did a good job.

But despite the good maid service, I doubt we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night as part of a group of nine guys on a cycling trip. After learning that our leader had picked the Comfort Inn in Green Valley, I read the other reviews and was very apprehensive. It turned out to be just fine - pretty much the same as every other Comfort Inn I had stayed in previously. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the shower was hot, there were lots of towels, the flat screen TV got lots of channels, the breakfast was fresh and varied (They even had SKIM milk for my cereal - a rarity in most hotel breakfasts!). The outdoor pool was too cold to swim in, but the hot tub worked great! We paid over $100 for two guys per room, so the price could have been less, but the quality was just fine.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Our stay 9/16/11-9/18/11-Two rooms: 221 & 224. Price: $79.12 per rm per nt. Decent price. Positives: Decent rooms, fairly clean. Nice warm breakfast in am.
Negatives: Unsafe furniture. Desk chair arm broke causing brother to fall almost hitting head on desk. We were informed by desk clerk that they had probs with chairs before. She replaced it with same kind of chair???? Brother asked to fill out accident report. Was told to wait till next day when Manager (Mr. Patel) was there. He did, but got the run around. Finally was given an employee accident report form. They had no proper paperwork for guests. At no time was an apology given to him or inquiry as to if he was hurt. Thank heavens, he was not. We also had probs with doors securing. We travel alot and have learned to always check to see if doors secure. These did not. Informed front desk; did not seemed concerned. Tried to address these issues by phone, at a later date, with Choice Hotel & Yvonne at hotel. Both were rude, unprofessional, & unconcerned about our issues. Yvonne stated it was my brother's fault he fell out of the chair. She stated that they have not had one guest accident/injury in the seven years they have been in business????!! And that not one person had ever mentioned that the doors do not secure. Although later I read a review for the Motel stating this same concern. I feel she is a very untruthful person and the management do not care about the safety and security of guests.

Room Tip: Make sure the doors secure properly when closing
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

We frequent Comfort Inns and have been satisfied but this one is real dirty, disorganized, moved to 4 rooms trying to find one that the door would shut and lock, dirty carpets, laundry worn and poor.
Move on.

• Stayed November 2011
Tucson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We tried to make reservations here with our cat, but there is conflicting and incorrect information about this hotel on the Choice Hotels website. On the main page it indicates that the hotel is pet friendly, but when you go to the room reservation page, it clearly states "no pets". On another page it shows a charge of $15/night for pets, but when we called the hotel we were told that the pet charge is actually $20/night. This is a decent hotel because we have stayed here before, but this time we opted out and stayed in Tucson, which is only 20 minutes to the north. You would think that they would promptly correct the errors on the website once they were brought to their attention, but it has been more than a week. I recommend that you call ahead and find out how much you will really pay!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Arvada, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

After staying at the Comfort Inn in Green Valley, AZ, I doubt that I will ever stay in another Comfort Inn again.
The carpets were dirty and the hallway on the second floor smelled. The elevator was disgustingly dirty.
In addition, we did not receive maid service one day and informed the management of this. They told us we had put a "do not disturb sign" on our door and argued with us. We did not put a sign on our door! The manager continued to argue with us and said he would refund us $10 for that day and deduct it from the maid. We felt sorry for the maid and left her a tip to cover this. Maid service was not our major complaint.
This Comfort Inn is not clean!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Casper, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

We had been given a reasonable room quote when we reserved and had received a written confirmation with the quoted rate. However, when we checked in we were charged about $20 more per day than the quoted amount. I produced the written confirmation and was informed "that's not what comes up on our computer." When I asked to speak to the manager (a sign at the desk named the manager on duty) I was informed he could'nt be reached until the following morning. Nor could he be called; employees were, I was informed "forbidden to call him." Manager on duty? I dont think so.

And to add insult to injury, we were not provided with the type of room we had reserved - turns out they were already booked and occupied.

Room was clean and quiet; overall the motel was as expected. The "bait and switch" tactics, however, were highly unusual and something I felt I should share with fellow travelers. Traveler beware.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
swickwar, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Green Valley, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
I am so sorry this guest felt misinformed on out Pet Rules and did not understand. Online bookings reflect no pet rooms but when Guest's have pets please call direct to hotel and we welcome you and your pet with permission and reasonable rates for you and your pet.

Been to Comfort Inn Green Valley? Share your experiences!