“Good Course with a nice design.” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Golf Courses
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Designed by Lee Trevino, this 18-hole Bermuda Grass course is 6,782 yards from the back at par 72.
Sahuarita, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
“Good Course with a nice design.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I have played Torres Blancas three times, and it is a fun course to play with decent conditions. Alot like Arnold Palmer designs, the fairways offer ample landing areas for drives, with bunkering around holes for protection. I like this type of design because since it is a desert course, I can still hit driver off of tees, even if I am not swinging it that great that day.
The front nine is ok, but the back nine is a lot more scenic. The course conditions are usually fair, and don't let the look of the greens fool you. They always look like they will be slow, but they are actually pretty quick. I think I have 3-jacked the first green each time I played because I just can't believe they will roll fast given the appearance, but they do. Like most Arizona courses that don't charge $100 dollars a round, water is a scarce commodity, but the fairways and greens are pretty decent.
The staff seems nice, and they have a pretty nice bar and restaurant in the clubhouse, I don't remember it being cheap, but I don't think it is too expensive.
Pace of play on the course has always been average, around 4 hours a round. However the clientele is mostly seniors so I am sure it just depends on who you get behind.
One thing about the course is I never remember a cart girl being on the course, so stock up before you go out and at the turn. There are alot of water coolers throughout the course however, with nice restrooms in the middle of each nine.
Again, I enjoy the course, and if you can play for a reasonable price, I would recommend you give it a shot.

Visited November 2011