“The King suite was awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
Walnut Creek, California
“The King suite was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The staff was great and so was the room. We stayed with our 3 dogs in one of their pet rooms and you would never know it was a pet room. The suit was incredibly comfortable, the jacuzzi tub great and the Mexican restaurant next door has pretty good food.

Stayed April 2013
Hilary B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix -I-10 West/Goodyear, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased that you found our king executive room so comfortable! I hope you were able to take advantage of the oversized jetted tub while you were with us! I hope to see you and your pets again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

My mother & I stayed @ this hotel for 11 nights about two weeks ago. The beds were very comfortable and I have a tempurpedic mattress @ home so I am quite picky. The staff was outstanding. We were here for awhile & did not encounter even one marginal or unhelpful person working @ this hotel. Special mention goes to Jade @ the front desk. Truly a jem in every sense of the word!

• Stayed March 2013
It was great to read your review! We try to get to make all of our guest comfortable, especially when you have to spend so many nights away from home. I am very happy we were able to make you and your mother comfortable.
Jade is a true gem and we are very fortunate to have her on staff, I will be happy to pass on your kudos to her!
Goodyear, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Facing an unexpected extension of a business trip, an unplanned overnight stay was necessary in Goodyear, AZ, during their baseball spring training peak season. Using the Priority Club connection we tried the nearby Holiday Inn Express and spoke with the general manager, Hilary, who was hospitably able to make a space even with a planned full occupancy. She also made sure we knew about the weekly complementary Wednesday evening buffet. During what became a two-day stay, we were helped several times by the front desk representative named Jade who was ever courteous, friendly, and professionally knowledgeable. While the structure has seen many guests and is well used, it was energetically maintained by staff seen washing windows, cleaning floors, rooms, etc. By observing the interactions between the general manager, front desk staff, and guests, it was clear that this HIE has a following of returning guests. Recommended for consideration when staying in or near Goodyear, or even Phoenix. Two malls, many restaurants, other resources and shops immediately close-by.

Room Tip: Stayed on the ground floor near the lobby, but enjoyed relative quiet from within and the adjacent p...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hilary B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix -I-10 West/Goodyear, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. It was our pleasure to assist you and I am so glad that every thing worked out so well.
As with all our online reviews, I will be sharing it with my staff, I know that they will enjoy reading it. Our goal is to greet all guests with a friendly smile and my Front Officer Manager, Jade does an exceptional job. She is a true asset to our hotel.
Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you next time you come to town!
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to Cincinnati Reds spring training. It is a great location for all the spring training sites on the west side of Phoenix. It is also a great location because there are a lot of restaurants and shopping nearby. It is close to I-10, but the noise is not bad or excessive and our room was on the interstate side of the property. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I agree with the other reviewers that the rooms could be freshened but they were comfortable and had everything you needed. Breakfast was good and the woman who was responsible for preparing it every morning was absolutely wonderful. If you need to be in the Goodyear area, this hotel would be a good choice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilary B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix -I-10 West/Goodyear, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I always welcome reviews from my guests and really enjoyed reading yours! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your last stay with us. I am so happy that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Both of our breakfast ladies, Herlinda and Christine, take great pride in making all of our guests feel welcome and taken care of. I look forward to seeing you again next year for Spring Training! Enjoy the rest of baseball season and GO REDS!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Conveniently located to the interstate and property looks nice. Recognized me as a Platinum Priority but ran out of the bottled water acknowledgement. Room was upgraded. Lots of trouble with the wi-fi and went to front desk, very nice person, who called tech in Canada who was very hard to understand, and with a few minutes on the phone got it working again until I got back to the room. The room was OK with a dance hall feel, was poorly arranged, with cracks in the whirlpool tub and missing spindles on one side of the table desk. Closet door/ mirror drags on floor and the ridiculous vent fan noise in the bathroom was crazy. Breakfast was so-so and just didn't have the feel of all the other properties I stay in. Will probably stay somewhere different next time. Room value is not there either. Not the Holiday Inn Express feel I am used too.

• Stayed February 2013
Hilary B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix -I-10 West/Goodyear, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback; we appreciate your incite and will use the information provided in order to create a better guest experience for all of our guests.
Please know that I am personally reviewing all your concerns with my maintenance department in order to make sure that all components of the room are up to par.
Please contact me directly so I can locate the suite you stayed in and take care of the concerns you
listed.
Best regards,
Hilary Burt
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here on night on a long road trip. The hotel is in a very fast growing area of Phoenix so the amenities nearby are plentiful. The property is an older property and the rooms could use and upgrade in furnishings. The breakfast was good as are all HI Expresses.

• Stayed January 2013
Lucas B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix -I-10 West/Goodyear, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is our goal to meet the needs and expectations of all of our guests. We are a slightly older hotel, but strive to maintain high levels of cleanliness and customer satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is an adequate hotel, good area, lots of shopping and restaurants close by...the hotel itself looks good on the main floor, but the rooms look like they could use some updating as showing sings of wear. Room did have a comfortable bed, TV was on a low dresser, could have been a little higher...room did have a microwave and small fridge, coffee maker....breakfast was good, usual fare for an HIE...staff were nice and friendly....just prefer the Holiday Inn Suites at the next exit Avondale...it's a nicer, newer one in my opinion...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your feed back, it seems that our hotel may not have been the best fit for your needs. We are very happy that you are choosing to stay within our brand family. If I can ever be of any further assistance to you though, please don't hesistate to contact me, I would love to help.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Phoenix -I-10 West/Goodyear? Share your experiences!