“|As good as ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Goodyear
Derby, United Kingdom
“|As good as ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have been using this hotel ever since my first visit to Phoenmix in 1999. It remains consistantly good and its always a pleasure to stay there. Our room was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed having jacuzzi baths. Despite being adjacent to I.10 the hotel is very quiet and peaceful. Breakfast was the stanard Holiday Inn Express buffet offering but was more than adequate for our needs. Staff on the reception desk were friendly and helpful. We needed to use the computer in the business center and, once agin, the staff were very helpful. We were invited to the manager's Wednesday evening dinner but the menu was "Chicken Wings". I would have loved to take advantage of the offer but I'm sorry, I just can't stand chicken wings!! Otherwise, it really is a Great hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lucas B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix -I-10 West/Goodyear, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hi Michael C.,

Thank you for your wonderful review our staff her strives to provide top notch to service to each and every one of our guests. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and you found the rooms quiet and peaceful. I will be sure to spread your praises to our entire staff and thank them for their continued hardword and passion for service.
Maybe next time your in the area we will be serving a dinner option more suitable to your taste, we do offer a different menu every Wednesday and would enjoy having you down for a bite to eat.
Thank you again for choosing us, the Holiday Inn Express in Goodyear, AZ for your travel needs. It has truly been a pleasure serving you.

Lucas

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

From the check in to the check out, no complaints. We could hear the TV coming from the room next door while we were entering our room, once inside we could hear nothing! We both slept all night which doesn't happen often in a hotel for us!
The young man that checked us in could not have been nicer. .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lucas B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix -I-10 West/Goodyear, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Hi Garrygls,

I would like to first thank you for taking your time to review our property. I am pleased to hear you had a nice and comforting stay; we all know how important a good night's sleep is while on the road!
I am happy to hear our front desk staff treated you well, it is our goal to ensure all of our guests feel welcomed and at home. I would like to ask you for your check-in date so that I can forward your compliment on to the appropriate associate. Please feel free to respond to me whenever is convenient for you.
Again, thank you so much for taking the time to review our property, your feedback is very important to us and something we take to heart as we strive to exceed expectations. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Goodyear, AZ.
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Holiday Inn Express has moved up in the world! This place was immaculate (including the breakfast area) comfortable, and well located. Will stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilary B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix -I-10 West/Goodyear, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. The staff at the Holiday Inn Express in Goodyear takes pride in exceeding the expectations of all of our guests while striving to make them at home during their stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Goodyear AZ and thank you for your positive review.
agoura hills, ca.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn Express this past week. Also had the opportunity to stay a night at the Holiday Inn, also in Goodyear. After having stayed at an Holiday Inn Express in Porterville, Ca., I assumed it would be just as nice in Goodyear. Well, not so much!
The Express lacked in customer service by comparison to the Porterville Express, and far removed from the Holiday Inn just up the road.
Breakfast looked like it wasn't' worth the calories, except the coffee I must say, was acceptable.
The room lacked any warmth, and felt like an old motel.
When we checked in the gal at the front desk could clearly see we were tall, and would require a king bed. However, when we arrived at the room we were given 2 full beds. After a phone call she changed it to a king room, but couldn't help herself by adding, "I won't charge you extra for the king". Comment wasn't necessary, and had we been offered a king it would not have been an issue on the extra cost. Needless to say, we'll be staying else where when in Goodyear, Az.

Room Tip: ask for a king!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilary B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix -I-10 West/Goodyear, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Thank you for bring your stay to my attention. I apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Guest reviews give us valuable information in order to improve our hotel and service to help all of our guests have the best experience possible.
One of our frequent compliments from our guests is how pleased they are with the wide variety of breakfast choices. I am sorry that you were unhappy with our options. I have spoken with our breakfast bar hosts to ensure that our presentation and options are always at there best.
I am very sorry that our customer service was not at it’s best when you arrived. This is also a rare and unacceptable occurrence. I have printed out your review and discussed it with my entire staff. We have also added it to our training materials for new front desk agents as well.
Thank you again and I hope that you will give us another chance to improve your option of our hotel and our staff.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Going to be staying here for a few weeks. Melissa went out of her way to set me up just like i wanted!! Impressive service was matched by a very nice property (time to clean the hallway rugs though) otherwise very nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Fresno, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Happy to report that this HEE is up to par with most of the ones I have visited. Staff was very friendly, room was clean and large with a jacuzzi tub even. Location was very convenient, and my two night stay was very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Fairmont, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

What more can I say. It was clean. The employees were friendly.

We just needed a place to stay on our way from Joshua Tree NP to the Grand Canyon. We made a reservation right over the phone. They must not have been very busy, because they gave us a very nice discount over the best rate I could get by calling Holiday Inn.

It is very convenient to get to. Right off of I-10 at exit 128.

The breakfast was just OK, but I stay in at least 70 diferent Holiday Inn properties a year, so food just becomes food after so long!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Phoenix -I-10 West/Goodyear? Share your experiences!