“Horrible place to stay even worse to work at” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Goodyear
Phoenix, Arizona
“Horrible place to stay even worse to work at”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is an absolute nightmare. As a former employee i would not advise anyone to stay here. First of all the owners of the hotel are greedy and don't care about guest or their employees. They underpay and overwork each and every person. I choose to leave after i was told to set up for an Easter brunch. What they gave me was nothing they promised the guests and i was left to explain that they were misinformed. And that was just a daily issue with them, never having what they promised. Also they have accounts with trucking companies and the place is basically a truck stop with stinky weird men everywhere. When i choose to leave my son who is 2 years old had to have surgery and I had no insurance and was applying for government assistance to pay for his surgery. Many times my case worker called, emailed and faxed to have them verify i was no longer working there and they never did. I even went and sat in the lobby for the manger to fill out the form and no one ever did. I now have medical bills up to my ears because they could not answer the phone or fax back a paper that said i was no longer working there. Now back to the treatment of guests. First of all do not drink the water in the lobby, its filled with the sink from the bathroom. Second issues with bed bugs are never really addressed they don't even replace the mattresses. The internet never works, and guests always complain about foul smelling rooms. I have worked in the hospitality industry since i was 16 years old and i can tell you there is not one thing hospitable about this dump. So unless you want to drink sink water, itch from bed bugs, and treated like crap then this is the place for you. Its also riddled with meth addicts.

Room Tip: Do not stay
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Danny B, Director of Hotel Operations at Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, 5 days ago
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Phoenix - Arcadia La Quinta. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

You as an ex-employee knows that we strive to make each and everyone of our guest pleased with our staff, service and hotel.

I do not show any records of you staying here recently, so I have to say its hard to address your issues correctly.

Please stay with us again and I will see that your stay is much better then the last. Please make us aware of any issues you have as they come about.

La Quinta continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.

We will see you soon.

Danny Baker, CHA. DOHO.
La Quinta Phoenix - Arcadia
danny@atlashmc.com
602-956-6500

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My husband's truck had to be worked on so that one night through the SWIFT COMPANY, the room was more than we could ask for, I really enjoyed the pool even though it was really hot out and I spent a couple of hours in the evening in the hot tub, which I really enjoyed. The early morning breakfast was outstanding more than you could ever get it any other hotel from my experience. And the staff were really nice to work with and I would definitely choose this hotel again. The drivers were very nice. In general it was a really really good experience

• Stayed July 2014
Danny B, Director of Hotel Operations at Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, 6 days ago

We will see you soon.

Danny Baker, CHA. DOHO.
La Quinta Phoenix - Arcadia
danny@atlashmc.com
602-956-6500
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The front desk staff Mary and lynnettee are awesome they worked with me while I was here speedy service and went above and beyond duty to accommodate me friendly attitudes the driver Steve was amazing he had some jokes that made the trip easy all around awesome

• Stayed July 2014
Matthew K, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We have many fantastic team members here and we thank you so much for staying with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

my truck broke down and i stayed for 5 days here. marcie and jeff were great. made me feel like i was at home. the only thing i would recommend is capping the pet fee for drivers whos truck is at any of the dealerships for an extended period of time.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for staying with us, Jeff and Marcie reflect the goal we have every day, to make every guest stay perfect, thank you!
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed our first night and was going to check out another place and decided to stay another night here. Employees were wonderful and attentive.

Lynette, on the front desk was helpful and helped my husband with directions for "junk yards" he was checking out. Provided printout with directions.

Cynthia - Breakfast room was friendly and efficient, really taking care of the visitors and the breakfast items.
Motel was a little dated, but clean and comfortable. Quiet and provided a relaxing stay.
Definitely recommend and would more than likely stay her again if in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with an entrance for the inside of the rooms (still an outside access)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Matthew K, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Lynette is another one of our many shining stars, thank you for staying with us!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We checked in the hotel in the afternoon. after driving all night heading to la .great hotel and staff.. Then later that afternoon we found out we had a major problem with my wife life air machine. wasn't working at all. so I was calling everywhere but no one works on the machine. so I met a guy in the breeze way name jeff. he works for the hotel. I asked him did he know of a place. he asked can he look at it. Well after about 10 mins. He had it working better then it did. I cant say enough about him. from his politeness to his knowledge.I thought he was a manager. next morning he said he was a maintance guy. I wish all hotels was like this.. just great people! I will stay here on the way back to tx..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jeff is one of our many shining stars here, thank you so much for staying with us!
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I came on vacation to Arizona with my family and stayed at the Quality Inn and was more than pleased with my experience. The hotel is right off the I-10 so it was easy to find, and there were many restaurants and stores nearby which made our stay more convenient. I was greeted by polite staff that got me and my family quickly checked in. I was informed of all the amenities including a hot breakfast, a guest laundry room, a fitness room, the courtyard, and the pool and jacuzzi. The rooms were very nice and looked newly renovated. The beds were very clean and comfortable making for a quality stay. The next morning my family and I went to the breakfast room (once again greeted by excellent staff) and we all enjoyed hot waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy.
Overall, I enjoyed the stay and highly recommend the Quality Inn and Suites to anyone in the Goodyear area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us, we enjoyed having you here and hope to see you soon.
Director of Operations

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear? Share your experiences!