“Glad we stayed here.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
Carpinteria, California
“Glad we stayed here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

On the way to the AZ Cardinals game, we decided to stay at this hotel. We are glad we did. The room comfortable and clean. They had a computer and printer area that was helpful. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was adequate. The attached bar and restaurant were enjoyable. The buffalo wings and steak delicious.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I came upon this little gem via Yahoo travel. I booked my flight, hotel, and car rental together and chose this hotel based on it's location and price. As you walk into the lobby the smell of cinnemon and fall welcomes you. The staff at the front desk are super friendly and efficient. I went into my room and was pleasantly surprised. Like I said, Ichoose this place because of the price and really wasn't expecting much, but wow. The room is big with a really nice big bathroom. About 10 minutes after I settled in, the front desk called and asked if I had found everything OK. What a nice touch. Included is a nice hot breakfast from 6-10, but I wasn't able to make it on time, but it looked like it was good. Check out time is 12 which is really nice as well. I ran a 1/2 marathon and I was still able to get back to the hotel to shower and change before my flight home. I don't think I would have been able to do that with the normal 11:00 check out time. Again, just little conveniences that make the difference. This was a wonderful place and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you care about the view, ask for a room that faces the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Too much furniture for the space. Tp was so thin and hard McDonald's has better quality! Mattress is hard. Sheets were scratchy and stiff and towels were like sandpaper. Stayed 2 nights. No coffee Put out for second morning. Pool area was nice. Room was hot first night Ac couldn't cool it off. I've stayed in better for the price. Sheets and shower were clean so I'd stay here again though. Just bring my own tp. Yes it's that bad.

• Stayed August 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here, because it was close to the Wildlife Aquarium and Zoo. It was affordable and room was ok size. However, there is an apartment complex right behind the hotel which made us nervous about parking there overnight. We also found a cockroach in the room. The service was great, but I don't think we would stay again. Safety and cleanliness are very important.

• Stayed July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I booked a last minute visit Memorial Day weekend to visit my daughter, working in Buckeye AZ. All I need when I travel is a comfy bed, clean sheets, good water pressure in the shower and in-room coffee. This hotel offered that and more - the room and bath appeared to have been recently remodeled, and the hotel was quiet and convenient. It was a good base for my visit with my daughter as well as sightseeing trips to local desert parks. But the BEST thing at this BEST Western was the people! Everyone working the desk was friendly and helpful. Since this was a pleasure trip I was traveling without my laptop, and I needed to use the guest computer in the lobby to print my airline boarding pass for my 5:30am flight. However, there were technical difficulties... so Quiana, who was on duty, let me use her personal laptop to log onto my email, gave me her thumbdrive to save the boarding pass to, and then printed my boarding pass for me! Saved me lots of time and anxiety trying to catch that early flight! I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in the area!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south are convenient to open space if you're traveling with a dog.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
North Myrtle Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We needed a pet friendly hotel while on a road trip, and this was my favorite. It was very clean, quiet, and comfortable, with the little restaurant/bar right on the premises that we took the dog to. I highly recommend this hotel to all picky people like me.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Winchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We were scheduled to stay here for two nights. Our room was on the first floor, next to an enterance door to the hotel and the parking lot. We were kept up until 1am listening to the door slam and the cars in the parking lot alarms. The hotel rating was 2 1/2 star... I am guessing because of the name brand. The hotel should be a one star. The hotel was not very well secured, many of the rooms have direct access to the street. Also, the breakfast was terrible.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BWPhxGoodyear, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Phoenix Goodyear Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Your feedback is very important to us and we certainly look at the quality of breakfast you received during your visit.

By telling us how we can improve you are helping us prioritize the direction of future improvements and enhancements at our property.

Regards,
Douglas

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Phoenix Goodyear Inn? Share your experiences!