“Worst ever experience.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix to your Saves list
Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   840 N Dysart Rd, I-10 Exit 129, Goodyear, AZ 85338-1111   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 9 hotels in Goodyear
“Worst ever experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Our room had problems and management didn't even care. The breakfast was very lacking, not what you would get from the newer Super 8's / Wyndham hotels. The other hotel in the same parking lot is a lot better per our friend's that stayed there at the exact time since we both in town for the same event.

I will never recommend this Super 8 to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012
GuestRelationsSuper8, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
On behalf of the Super 8 Hotel I would like to apologize for the service you received while staying with us. We pride ourselves in delivering courteous and prompt customer service. We have taken measures to make sure this type of issue never happens again. I hope you will give us another try.

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

STAY AWAY; one of the worst experiences I ever had; first, it was difficult to find because it's in back of a Waffle House; 2nd, when I came in and mentioned to the woman at the front desk that the lighting outside wasn't very safe, she said it was safe because she said so. Now there's a conclusion and perspective. I needed to stay at a place quickly because my mom had had a stroke and I needed to be near her.

The "sink" was 1/2" wide on both sides; now if you are a traveler, you have stuff with you and putting it on a sink is necessary; not here; there was no room.

TV: I couldn't find a guide: then I found it before I left; it was on the back of some thing which I can't remember; and you couldn't toggle back and forth on the listing; it was either the channel you were watching or you could go to a list; and the list was inaccurate; there were some channels on there they didn't have.

I didn't go to "breakfast": I am finding more and more that these places have breakfasts that are nothing but carbohydrates and very little fruit;

NEVER AGAIN WILL I stay at a Super 8; I usually stay at a Days Inn in Surprise which is far superior and less expensive; $20/day less expensive.

Room Tip: To not go; choose another place.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

On our recent trip to the Phoenix area, we needed a room last minute in or near Goodyear, AZ. After calling around to several locations, I found that the Super 8 was the best price and booked their last available room, a king non-smoking. I was helped by their employee Lacey and she was professional and courteous all three times I spoke with her by phone. The motel is basic, two stories, with parking along the front. There is a Waffle House right in front of the hotel, a McDonald's also right there, plus a Black Bear Diner. Our room was upstairs and at the end of the hall. We did take out from the Black Bear Diner (and it was really good too) and turned in fairly early. I didn't hear any noise from either the other guests or street/car noise. While this motel is not fancy, it was clean, in a convenient location, and has nice staff.

Room Tip: I think we were in room 201, upstairs. Non-smoking room, very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

Not only is this the only hotel that my children felt was home in our many years of travel, but I actually felt like this was HOME away from HOME. The staff was wonderful, accommodating and always had a smile on their face no matter what we needed. Being mariners fans the stadium was close, so if we needed to get back to the hotel for naps we were easily accesible. The area hotels were charging significantly more and not the same amenities for the kidlets!! Love this place and will definitely be back next year......maybe sooner!

• Stayed March 2012
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My husband and I are baseball fans, and this year we went to the Phoenix area to watch some spring training games. We stayed at the Super 8 in Goodyear, a suburb of Phoenix, for the third consecutive year and there were some nice surprises in store for us. The grounds are in the process of being improved with a new paint job, a new sign and better parking options. The inside of the structure had recently been redecorated and refurbished and it looked very nice. The lavatory and bathtub drained very well, which is always a nice surprise. The ice machine worked well, accommodating a full house the nights we stayed there. Carpeting is new and clean. The beds were comfortable and the sheets soft and inviting. The one drawback was the scratchy towels, but we overlooked that because our room was comfy and mostly quiet. Ground floor rooms are often noisy from all directions except below. This was somewhat noisy but we managed to get good sleep anyway. Our ice bucket leaked and was promptly replaced when we notified the front desk. Our window wouldn't close so the maintenance crew fixed it the very first day we were there. Customer service at this motel is over the top! What a nice surprise!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the motel are quieter and the parking is more plentiful there.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hockley, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed at the Super 8 motel in Goodyear at 840 N. Dysart Rd. The stafff wasgreat, starting with the owner Ray- whom would sit in the lobby and talk to us about our vacation , where we were from. The entire staff was great- especially Janet and Danielle whom we dealt with the most. They always had a smile and welcomed us each morning in the lobby while we enjoyed the free breakfast. On our last morning we had to leave about 4:15 in the morning to catch our flight and Danielle had coffee waiting for us. Great location for the SPRING TRAIING ballparks, nearby resturants and the price was very resonable. Will go back next year . Thanks Super 8 Ray and the entire staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

The hotel was being painted, and furniture was being replaced, but neither was an inconvenience for me. It was a nice, "inexpensive" place to stay which is close to several spring training sites and very convenient to I-10, restaurants, and shopping. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool area is small but clean.
While a new sign was being installed at Dysart, the hotel is somewhat hard to find, hidden between and behind McDonald's and Waffle House.
It's certainly not a resort, but it was a nice place to stay, and I would definitely return on my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Rooms 101 to 105 are close to the laundry, where the housekeepers congregate at about 7:00AM. Not r...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix? Share your experiences!