“Excellent First Time Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fabulous new restaurant. Excellent customer service. Great ambiance. Delicious, well prepared and nicely presented food. Great happy hour.
“Excellent First Time Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We just ate at Caballero Grill for the first time last week and it was excellent. Our server was delightful and we enjoyed everything she recommended. We especially liked the ceviche. We'll be back soon.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Surprise, Arizona
“OK, but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We heard about this place. It is NOT a Mexican restaurant. Kind of like more of a steak house. We had a food voucher for a price fix dinner. The restaurant is pleasant, the wait staff were very good (Luis), but the dinners were so-so. It was very crowded the night we visited them, so we may be in the minority in this review. Try the Beer battered fries. Pretty darn good. The steaks were so-so, and mine was not cooked the way I would have liked it. The waiter offered to take it back, but I declined. They have a good Wedge salad, and the menu is somewhat limited, but there are choices.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oxnard, California
“Meh, and I really wanted to like it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My sister and I had lunch at this restaurant recently. We sat in a room with 6 booths. Very comfortable. I was so excited that maybe we found a good local restaurant. Small menu but that's ok. Ordered the fish and chips. The "chips" or steak frys were cooked perfectly. The fish looked humongous. It's cooked in a beer batter that tastes great but there's just too much of it and not much fish. I ended up trying to pick the fish out but the fish didn't hold up and turned mushy. Since we were still hungry we ordered coffee and dessert. Ordered the chocolate cake. The cake came beautifully presented on a plate with a couple of scoops of ice cream. Problem was is was still hard and cold like it had been frozen, it was very tasty though and I felt had it been fresh it would've been great. We had to wait so that a pot of decaf could be made so I received my coffee first, which the server had spilled and brought to me with coffee in the saucer. Then we waited 10 minutes and the cake came and another ten before my sister received her decaf. I had to ask the waitress for some napkins to sop up the coffee in my saucer. The server was really sweet and young but not trained properly.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Concord, New Hampshire
“good bar menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

we came here early on a Sunday evening, out of state travelers staying at nearby hotel. Our waitress was courteous and friendly, gave good advice on choices. Another person delivered our appetizers, but didn't bring silverware. We asked her to get some, she breezily told us that our server would bring it. Our server was taking care of other diners, so we went to the station to get it ourselves. Good strong margarita for $2.50, $6 burgers, and $6 cheese quesadilla all tasty. It was handy and filling and reasonable, but no more. Menu looked interesting but not sure I would try it for more than quick bite and drink.

Visited February 2013
Arizona
“American, Southwest and a Touch of Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My only problem with the name Caballero is that it sounds like this is a Mexican restaurant. There are about a million Mexican restaurants in Arizona so the name isn't going to intrigue anyone.

Once you're in there, however, the reality of just how diverse the menu is hits home quickly. The fare is a combination of traditional American and Mexican but the "Southwest" items are memorable.

For those of you who aren't familiar with "Southwest" cuisine, it's a little of everything. Take a steak for example. Rub it in mesquite and then cook it in a banana garlic glaze....wierd huh?

Go here and choose the stranger items on the menu. You will then understand "Southwest."

• Visited January 2013