“Terrific location, shopping within walking distance; comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now, save up to 15%
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Goodyear
Seattle, WA
“Terrific location, shopping within walking distance; comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

This appears to be a newer Hampton Inn, a chain we frequent. The hotel was quite busy while we were there but it never seemed crowded...probably because we all were there for baseball spring training and no one seemed to care! The hotel is very clean, the staff attentive and the breakfast room is spacious, moreso than most Hampton Inns at which we've stayed. Our only complaint is that we had a non-smoking room but the floor below is allowed smoking and, of course, it found its way to our room. We were told at checkout that the north side of the hotel is entirely nonsmoking, so we'll request that side next time. All in all, a lovely place and very close to dining, shopping, etc.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

This was one of many visits to the Hampton Inn in Goodyear I have made. The hotel continues to provide excellent rooms and service in a great location for my needs. Plenty of places to eat and convenient to I-10. If you need to stay on the west side of town, this is the place. The staff (been there for several years now) is courteous and helpful.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

This Hampton Inn is clean, quiet, in a good location with a lot of restaurants located nearby, including a Romanos Macaroni Grill next door. There is free wireless internet, and I had no problems at all with the connection. All the workers were friendly. I was here four nights straight, and it was a nice stay. This Hampton Inn was more spacious than the normal Hampton Inns.

• Liked — Free Internet with a nice easy fast connection!
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Natick, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

Our 3 night stay at the Hampton was very nice. The location was great -- close to I 10 and a short walk to many restaurants / stores. Our room was very clean, quiet and spacious -- no complaints there. They also offered a nice complimentary breakfast which went above and beyond the traditional bagels / cereal that you typically find at some hotels. Service was friendly and very accomodating as well. There are many hotels located in this particular area, but the Hampton treated us very well -- I definitely recommend it!

Stayed September 2008
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2007

This was one of the best Hampton Inns I have stayed in as far as the rooms goes. I was impressed from the moment I walked into my room. It had a pretty big kitchenette with a table, a living room area with a sofa and TV, and a very large bedroom area. The bathroom had the largest jacuzzi tub I have ever seen at a Hampton.

Of course this hotel offered the "Hampton breakfast." However, I noticed some usual breakfast items were missing at this Hampton like the fresh fruit salad. The breakfast area was very big and comfortable though. This Hampton had a suite shop which was a nice touch. I liked the fact that I could buy sodas and charge it to my room as opposed to dig out change. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in Goodyear.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

This is one of the better Hampton Inns we have stayed at, and as HiltonHonours members we stay at quite a few.

As others have noted, the lobby and breakfast area are far more spacious than most Hamptons, breakfast is good, many restaurants are within walking distance, staff are friendly, the rooms are well-appointed and quiet, parking is well-lit and the hotel is on the west side of Phoenix close to the I-10 which is very convenient for travel to California.

I was particularly impressed with the business center, which had two good computers with Internet access and free photcopying. It is a large separate room off the lobby. This is a major advantage over many hotels where there is one computer in the breakfast area which might be monopolized by an inconsiderate guest.

• Liked — Finally a good business center to contact home
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Goodyear Febuary 2nd and 3rd.
The hotel is in a nice area of Goodyear near many resturants within walking distant. We had a suite in the rear of the hotel #146 on the bottom level. It was very quite and very spacious.
The first night after a very long drive from Sedona we had one very small thin bar of soap to share, at the sink and in the shower, one bag of decaf coffee for the morning. I would have loved to sit in the whirlpool tub but the water in the shower/tub was very very luke warm. It was still luke warm in the morning
The next day we came back from PIR after a hard day driving cars on the track and had no wash cloths (we used the hand towels for wash cloths) and still had luke warm water in the shower/tub.
The breakfast is just OK. Fresh coffee, juice, fruit and package rolls, muffins etc. The hot eggs were like leather.
The bed was wonderful and I would like the same mattress for my home.
The location is perfect for what we needed. We paid almost $400.00 for two nights. I think for the price we didn't recieve much.
I inquired about being able to make reservations for 3 days in November, because we love to go to Nascar and this would be close to the track. We were told to contact the Manager Steve (--). I called him and left all my numbers and never got a call back one way or the other. He only need to call and say they were filled up.
This hotel is a very nice place and with just a few minor things would be a great place to stay.
We are going down to Phoenix International Raceway almost once a month and thought this was the place for us. I am not sure now. I might return just for the location and bed. We have always stayed at the Embassy Suites in north Phoenix. It was that the drive was a little long and
we wanted to try something a little closer to the track.

• Liked — Location, Bed, very quite
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear? Share your experiences!