“Worse nd dirtiest motel I ever stayed in.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Knights Inn Globe to your Saves list
Knights Inn Globe
637 East Ash Street, Hwy 60 & Parker, Globe, AZ 85501 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Globe
“Worse nd dirtiest motel I ever stayed in.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014 via mobile

We reserved room 106 to attend a family funeral. The room did not look like in the pictures posted. The room was not clean at all. Did not accommodate my mom who uses a wheel chair to help get around and on oxygen. We had to clean out air filters so that our room can at least cool down. They made our family leave after the funeral. The toilet backed up twice in us, there was only 3 towels for four people, the breakfast was closed till after we rang bell for both days. Muffins were old and hard. Pool was green and we had to go swimming at a different hotel. I'm sorry for driving my family 1 hour nd a half to sleep in a garbage can. Thank you knights inn

• Stayed September 2014

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

I stayed here in August of 2014 and found it to be adequate. The room was clean, but had some minor damage that didn't affect the functionality of the room. The hotel keepers wife was having pregnancy complications and he was running to Phoenix each day to see her and kept sleeping in instead of setting up the free breakfast. That didn't really bother me as i appreciate it if people are a bit accommodating when I am dealing with personal issues. The price was half that of the larger updated motels.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Needs to be torn down. The worst shape of any motel I've been in in many many years. Globe must not do any inspections or this place would be shut down. The staff was friendly but everything else just plain sucks. From various markings throughout this place it used to be a Super 8.
Internet doesn't work, called the desk, was promised the manage would fix, after 2 days, nothing. Toilet would not flush. They use a plunger, I use it, doesn't work. Gross!!! Change room, ceiling of new room has partially fallen down, apparently from a leak who knows how long ago. Breakfast in the lobby consists of bagels, danish or cereal. The milk is in a filthy fridge. No tables, to chairs, eat standing up or carry the dishwater tasting coffee back to your room.
The stairs for the upstairs rooms are RUSTED THROUGH! Sooner or later they will fail. The parking lot looks like it has went through a carpet bombing run from the US Airforce.
I could go on but why bother. Do yourself a favor and go camp with the hobos under a bridge. It's cheaper and just as good.

Room Tip: Go camp with the hobos under a bridge instead.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hacienda Heights
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I fully agree with the previous rating by "Catfish Ranger"from Texas. Globe is a historic old southwestern town. Don't expect this place to be like new or that there are Las Vegas style high rise hotels here. The rates are good,the rooms are clean, with a/c and heat, there's even a pool, the staff is very friendly, Included is a continental style breakfast of cereal, juices, coffee, hot tea or cocoa, pastry, fruit. Or if you prefer there's Jerry's coffee shop/restaurant smack dab across the parking lot ,they will even give you a 10% discount by showing your room key. If you are looking for a resort drive on by otherwise this is a good stop.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I was perplexed at the two reviews just prior to mine. I travel all over the country, have been on the road for 30 plus years, and have experienced good and bad. This place was definitely good. Now remember it's an older property, so keep in mind your comparables. I stayed here coming back from the West Coast on a business trip in December, 2011. I got a good rate, and my room was a terrific value, clean, neat, quiet, and comfortable. I got in late, and had to leave early, and the Manager, Jay Mistry, extended some courtesies on the fax machine that enabled me to take care of some business without having to stop later in the next day while I was on the road. Settling in the for the night, I noticed the amenities included in the room, and wound up making a list. Ready? My room had a king bed, comfortable matress, three pillows; a tile shower-tub combination with safety mat, and two faucets (two faucets allow greater control over water temperature than the one handle circle type); his and hers sinks, hair dryer, bottle opener (I loved this, it reminded me of trips when I was a kid, a long time ago, and far, far away). Coffee pot with both coffee and tea makings, ironing board with iron, 33' digital TV with Dish Channels, and HBO, chest of drawers with 5 drawers, 2 bedside tables, work table with two chairs and moveable floor lamp (put the light where you need or want it), a vanity table with 12 x 24 mirror and chair, microwave and fridge, free internet, well maintained and clean thick carpet, a complimentary laundry bag (just right for accumulating laundry on the road to wash at the laundramat when you need it) complimentary soap, shampoo and body lotion, and last, but by no means least, a pencil and pad for making notes. Now that's just about everything a motel can offer. My stay was brief, but clean, quiet, and comfortable. Given the senior's value rate extended to me, I would deem this place an extraordinary value, and I'll stay here again next time I'm through Globe. Notwithstanding the other reviews, my experience was 5 star all the way. I hope you'll give them a try, and tell Jay that "Catfish" sentcha. (I bet he won't remember me, but might remember the guy that looks like Buffalo Bill). Good Luck.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor in the corner.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Eagar, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

This motel room looked as if it should be rented by the hour. The blankets were "stained" and we actually found a condom wrapper between the sheets of one bed. My children saw that. Had fun explaining that one. We didnt even stay one hour and had trouble getting our money refunded. I would keep driving right past this one.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Walla Walla, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

I stopped here for an overnight stay with my son. I travel a lot and this place ranks at the bottom of my list. At the price they charged, I assumed it would a good place to stay. I was terribly mistaken. It is more like your typical old highway motel that rents out at $29 per night. The place is run down. Everything in the room from the paint, carpet, beds and linens is old. Great location for spending a night through town, but that is all I can say about it.

I won't be staying here again. There are nicer places to stay in Globe. If you want a place like this one, there are plenty of $29 to $40 rooms in the Globe area.

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Knights Inn Globe? Share your experiences!