“Just perfect!! Book it now - IF you can get in...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Discount Offer
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Glendale
Usa, Japan
“Just perfect!! Book it now - IF you can get in...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I'm very detail oriented, and notice everything....this hotel is simply "the hotel" in the area! Perfect walking location to trendy Westgate district and they even helped me get Coyote tickets. The hotel itself is immaculate, luxurious, beatifully decorated and in pristine condition. Over the top service & property!! It's apparent it is extremely well-run, professional yet warm staff. Most importantly, you got a sense that the employees, really wanted to be there and are fully engaged & positive...this shows! Many hotels I've visited struggle with having that "feel" at their hotel. This Westgate/Glendale hotel should be an example to model from, for other Hampton Inn's. Every single staff member I came into contact with, on ALL SHIFTS, emulated class, confidence, professionalism, warmth and these are people that I wanted to talk to! They are fresh and upbeat whether it is after midnight or first thing in the morning, weekend or weekday. This leadership starts at the top and trickles throughout the staff. I realize Hampton is considered a value brand, but my experience was that of an upscale luxury hotel. Not being from Arizona, it's very easy to get to from the freeway. Would I return to this hotel? Without a doubt, and without hesitation, YES!! They are the best of the best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Travis K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate any feedback we receive from all of our guests, and enjoy celebrating positive feedback such as yours. Having received 8 consecutive outstanding scores on our Hampton brand Quality Assurance inspections; as well as 2 consecutive finishes in the top 10% of the brand, we really do pride ourselves in great customer service. Your comments have also provided us with a great opportunity to review with the team, so that they can see that what we do on daily basis makes a difference.
Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 623-271-7771.

Travis Kuhlman
GM

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel is located right on the 101 in Glendale AZ. It is also very close to Jobbing.com Arena and the University of Phoenix Stadium. The new Tanger Outlet Mall is right next door as is the Westgate Mall.

The hotel still looks newer even though it is several years old now. The pool is an outdoor pool and is kept at an average temperature. It is a good size pool with a hot tub.

There is ample parking and the staff has always been very nice and professional. Some staff have been there long enough to remember repeat customers and where they are from.

There is a free continental breakfast which has always been nice, well stocked, and the hours of service are fine. Coffee, hot chocolate, and tea have been available 24 hours as well as some fruit. This is a very nice touch.

The rooms are average size, but always clean and nice beds, exactly what I expect at a Hampton Inn and Suites. There are flat screen TV's and benches at the foot of the beds for putting on shoes or placing your luggage.The rooms are far more quiet than other places I have stayed which is nice. The carpet in the rooms and halls are still okay, but I would think in a couple years will need to be replaced. The cleaning staff does a good job of keeping up on things.

The only complaints I have are these. First, the rewards program is terrible. It takes sooooo many stays to earn enough credit for a free night. I have stayed here (and other Hampton Inns) a lot and I'm not even close to a free night.

Second, upon check in other hotel chains give members a few perks like bottles of water, snacks, fresh cookies and the like. This hotel does not. Every once in a while they put out a few warm cookies in the lobby, but not very often and they disappear quickly!

Overall, this is a nice place. If you are looking for a step up try the Holiday Inn Express or even the Renaissance Hotel which is the nicest in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Williams, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I consider myself to be a very picky traveler and have stayed at this hotel several times because they never disappoint! It irks me to see so many people complain about ridiculous things!!! This hotel is immaculate, beautifully decorated, comfortable, quiet and convenient. The staff is always professional, friendly and strives to meet your every need. Breakfast is amazing and FREE!!! The staff in breakfast is always running around keeping everything full and clean. I am very impressed with this hotel, so much so that I am staying there again tonight!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LAURELDALE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I only stayed here one night for business but had a great stay. Very nice location, the Arizona Cardinals and the Phoenix Coyotes play within easy walking distance. Plenty of food and entertainment options, small outlet mall also nearby, would love to have been able to spend more time here

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Germantown, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The check in was quick and they actually read my room request and had connecting rooms for us. Our rooms were very clean. The hotel is located close to shopping, restaurants, and the hockey and football arenas. Breakfast was typical for the hotel line.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the interstate side of the hotel, but noise was not a problem.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Would not recommend this Hampton Inn. Front desk help was lost. Screwed up a simple double reservation and then screwed up bill at end of stay. Breakfast was really bad for a Hampton Inn. I stay at Hampton's all over the West and this is the worst experience I ever had at one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Travis K, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests, especially when it presents us an opportunity to improve our guest’s experience with us. I do apologize for the service issues you experienced while staying with us. Having received 8 consecutive outstanding scores on our Hampton brand Quality Assurance inspections; as well as 2 consecutive finishes in the top 10% of the brand, we really do pride ourselves in great customer service. Unfortunately, it sounds like we fell short of our own high standards in this case. To help avoid any recurrence, I have reviewed your comments as well as our expectations with our staff. Your comments have also provided us with a great opportunity to review with the staff.
I do hope you will afford us the opportunity in the future to earn your patronage by giving us another try when you travel to the area. Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future.

I can be reached by phone at 623-271-7771.
Best Regards,

Travis Kuhlman
Saint Johns, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here recently because of some nearby appointments that day, and needed an affordable but good hotel in the area.
Upon check in, there was a delay with another customer. Another desk clerk came and apologized for the delay and was just friendly and awesome. The room we got, which was a 2 queen w/ sofa bed room, turned out to be 2 queens and a twin bed. Actually sort of a win for us: everybody got their own bed after a very long day.
The beds and room seemed clean. And the beds were, aside from a few hairs left on the sheets. But when I went to get stuff off the lap desk, I was very disappointed. Upon lifting a sheet a paper, some sort of bug came running out. EW! I think it was either a silverfish or maybe even a baby moth of some kind? Not sure. Grey, with what appeared to be really small wings.. he got squished immediately. Anyway... I then move the little desk, and discover why of all places he had been there: it was gross. LIke: hand someone an overstuffed peanut butter and jelly sandwich and tell them to use the desk as a plate kind of gross. And the paper I picked up? Was welcoming a previous HHonors member to their hotel, from the day before. Needless to say I went over the bedding with a fine toothed comb after that. Beds were fine, at least. A few hairs in the tub, and the seats at the foot of the bed were.. well.. I have yet to stay in a Hampton Inn that has figured out the crevice between the cushion and the wood should be vacuumed out from time to time. This location was no exception.
After the bug incident, it was a little harder for me to get some sleep after the appointment. Whoever decided to run around upstairs like an elephant twice in the middle of the night also didn't help. There was a hockey game that night, so I can only assume it was a late night partier or two.
The service upon checkout felt a little rushed, and they never asked how my night went. When I mentioned that their maids needed to work a bit more on the rooms, I was not asked why, and they seemed mysteriously busy when no one else was around.
So, overall... I may be willing to try them again after my next appointment, but ONLY if they work on the cleaning issues. Paying that much per night, as well as Glendale's high taxes for hotels, one would expect a better stay. Deliberating whether or not to stay out of town next time, and just eat it in gas.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate? Share your experiences!