We stayed here in Feb 2013 for spring training for the western ballparks. We chose this due to location compared to the other hotels we were offered with our travel package.
This was an odd place to drive into. Its on a college campus, and very soon you realize this was a military site and barracks. It takes a bit of twisting and turning to make it to the Inn and along the way you may have second thoughts, my wife and I did. But, stick with it and this is actually a very decent place to spend a week.
The front desk was very nice, and even allowed a late check out our last day. The parking is limited, but even using the "far" lot is was a short walk. Access to a full YMCA gym was very important for my wife and a great perk.
And the biggest PRO: The complimentary lobby. We were concerned that not having a free breakfast in our lodging was going to be a extra expense daily. But above the front desk they have a nice little kitchen area with a full refrigerator of complimentary drinks, and snacks. In the morning they have oatmeals and cereals and yogurts which was a great breakfast for us every morning. Having the ability to grabs multiple bottles of water while managing through the dry heat each day was great and actually saved money not stopping at grocery stores and gas stations while driving around. Being able to grab and apple or granola bar night snack for free cannot be understated, or a hot chocolate when the sun goes down and a chill hits the air.
SUMMARY: It's 20 mins to most places we wanted to go to, saved a nice chunk of money every day with the lobby refreshments, and was secure and safe. As long as you don't need the outside to be a looker, its a good place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thunderbird Executive Inn is located in Glendale, Arizona on the campus of the Thunderbird School of Global Management. This Hidden Gem will surprise and delight you with its upscale guest rooms, 24 hr complimentary snack lounge, and unique diversions such as the Thunderbird Pub that is located in an historic military airfield control tower. With proximity to Arizona's Spring Training baseball and the University of Phoenix Stadium, the Thunderbird Executive Inn is the perfect hotel for leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelClick, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Thunderbird Executive Inn & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Executive Inn And Conference Center
- Thunderbird Executive Hotel Glendale