“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Brampton
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a great hotel, front desk staff were very nice and accommodating, the rooms are very clean and equipped. The daily cleaning is very good, everything is left where you put it, the beds made properly and bathroom cleaned and toiletries restocked. I ordered food from a recommended restaurant that had a menu in our room, the food was terrible food and items missing, called the restaurant and was told they would send the missing items. By the time the items arrived such as cutlery the food was cold full or grease and disgusting, I sent the food back when they brought the missing items and requested for the food to be taken off my bill, the next day I checked with the front desk to ensure the amount was taken off the bill and it was not, when the manager over heard me explaining the situation to the front desk he immediately asked if he could be of some assistance, took my name, cell number and told me that he would contact the restaurant. Within a couple of hours I was called back and told that the entire amount was taken off my bill for the trouble and the restaurant wanted to offer us two complimentary main courses to be enjoyed at a later time. We were booked for the week at this location and we were pleased with the entire stay. Extremely professional staff, EXCELLENT breakfast and clean room and overall facility. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: This hotel is in a fantastic area extremely close to a great outlet shopping centre, University Stad...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oscar U, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day you write about your stay with us. I value all feedback and I'm happy to hear you had a great experience. I also want to thank you for the wonderful comments on the cleanliness of the hotel, our Stay Smart breakfast, and the customer service you received at our hotel. On behalf of the entire team here at the Holiday Inn Express in Suites in Glendale, AZ, thank you for choosing to stay with us. See you next time.

Management and Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband, a group of friends, and I were all in town for a concert. Between all of us we had five rooms. I'm glad we booked early because the hotel was full! Rooms were clean, beds were comfy, pool was nice, and the best continental breakfast I've ever had at a hotel. Oh, and the shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap being from Bath & Body Works was an added bonus for us girls. We will be back that way in October, and we're (hopefully the whole group) planning on staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013
Oscar U, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review. I'm happy to hear your group had a great experience and that you enjoyed our ammenities, and our Stay Smart Breakfast. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Glendale, Arizona! We look forward to your next stay with us in October.

Oscar U
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We came to Glendale Az in July, not primarily for leisure. My husband had work meetings in Glendale Arizona the week of my birthday. I came with him to relax and enjoy the desert sun. The rooms are very nicely appointed. The breakfast provided was as expected, with plenty of Celiac friendly (I'm a celiac) choices. The pool was "out of working order", so my husband spoke with the manager as I only came with him so I could enjoy the pool and sun. The person that actually made my vacation possible was Mallory. Mallory works at the front desk, the night shift. She went above and beyond her line of duty and called a nearby hotel, explained my situation and secured me a day pass to their pool. She is truly the definition of customer service. As a small business owner myself, I understand the true value of a representative that is willing to think outside of the box and to go the extra effort of making a situation for a guest possible. I will stay here again, mostly because I know if I needed anything Mallory would do her best to make it happen.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Oscar U, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Michelle,

First off Happy belated Birthday! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Glendale, Arizona. I am so sorry about the pool, my staff has been working hard to get our pool back in service. Compliments such as yours are not shared as frequently so I love to pass on wonderful information such as this! I appreciate the kind words about one of our finest team members Mallory! We are very lucky to have her on our team! She is fantastic and I will pass this along to her. I was especially excited to hear that Mallory was able to be secure you a day pass at one of the nearby hotels so you can enjoy the desert sun. My staff takes great pride in offering exceptional customer service and it makes me proud when they deliver a great experience. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Glendale! We look forward to your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my 8 days here, pool was clean, breakfest was delicous, hotel experience was awsome. Staff was helpful and very polite. I would definitely stay again!!!

Only down thing was the internet service was slow.

• Stayed July 2013
GlendaleMGR2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Mizzic,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Glendale, Arizona! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your 8 days with us. I am so sorry about the slow internet you experienced, we are currently upgrading our internet so hopefully next time you're back in the area you have a better experience with our internet. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your next visit.

Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This particular Holiday Inn is my home away from home! I am here at least 1 night per week. The people make the place!! The staff are friendly and welcoming and they go out of their way to take a few minutes to say hello. The hotel is clean and modern and the rooms are nice. A very large pool and hot tub. Dan, makes breakfast a pleasure and is very accommodating! Thanks for making me feel at home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GlendaleMGR2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Anne,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to share your experience with other travelers. We value your loyalty and we can't thank you enough for choosing to stay with us. Our staff takes pride in offering excellent customer service and making our guest feel welcomed. It really makes me proud when we live up to our high standards and deliver and excellent experience. Thank you for the kind words about Dan, I will be sure to recognize him for a fantastic job. We look forward to your next visit.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The customer service in this hotel is probably the best I've ever experienced and I travel a lot. The hotel was clean and bright. It is located in an easy location, close to the freeway and outlet malls. Comfy beds and very affordable. I'll make a point to stay here again.

Room Tip: Didn't do kids activities or restaurant. Beautiful, quiet, comfy, affordable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GlendaleMGR2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
On behalf of the entire team here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Glendale, we would like to thank you for the wonderful comments. We take pride in serving out guests and it really makes me proud when my team delivers a wonderful experience such as yours. There is nothing like a comfy bed when traveling. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Glendale! We look forward to serving you in the future.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The staff here welcomes its guests with a smile and a willingness to meet their needs. The rooms are clean and roomy. There's an exercise room, outdoor pool and hot tub all clean and inviting. The breakfast buffet includes eggs and meat as well as the usual continental breakfast choices. Fresh fruit is availabble all day. I needed help transporting several bags to my room and the head of housekeeping offered to help me take these bags to my room! How nice! The maintenance man saw me in the hallway with my ice bucket and and took the time to show me where the ice machine was located. All in all one of the best hotel experiences I have had.

Room Tip: I liked the view of the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Glendale! I do want to thank you for writing about the customer service you received. Our staff takes great pride in offering the best customer service and showing a passion to serve our guests. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale? Share your experiences!