“It's the people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
portland,oregpn
“It's the people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The internet is a bit slow (but faster - and available - in their sister hotel next door) and they were having problems with the key cards.
But, the rooms were quiet, comfortable and reasonably priced. The breakfast buffet was quite good.
And most of all the people. We have stayed in hundreds of hotels around the world, and while this Holiday Inn Express may have equals, it has no betters. The housekeepers were prompt and dilgent. Every single staff member was friendly and eager to help make our stay as close to perfect as possible. Questions? They'll get answers. Need something? They'll get right on it. They acted like owners, not employees.

Room Tip: The double queen rooms are spacious. Excellent value.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jrandalicia

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was very happy with my recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Glendale. My brother and I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in early January. We were attending the 2013 Fiesta Bowl (played at Unversity of Phoenix Stadium) and I spotted this hotel early before prices went up.

The service was excellent. Housekeepers and maintenance personnel were extremely friendly and always willing to help out. We would usually leave our room for breakfast around 8AM and by the time we got back our room would be fixed up.

The amenities were great for the price. There was no refrigerator or microwave in our room (which is a bummer when you're trying to save money by eating at the hotel a bit), but the two queen beds were clean and comfy. The pillows were great and towels were always clean and well put up. My brother and I both loved the free WIFI during out downtime at night.

There's a continental breakfast available for free and I enjoyed the hard boiled eggs each morning. Most of the food put out is super sugary and sweet, which isn't my style, but there's enough for everyone (and there were a ton of people when we were eating breakfast).

The workout room was adequate for a quick bit of cardio but nothing else.

The best part of the hotel is the fact that it is super close to pretty much everything you would want it to be close to. We walked to dinner at a nearby shopping center every night and found a coffee shop about a mile and a half away that was pretty good. There is also a Target in that direction. Walking to the stadium for the game was a piece of cake. If you don't mind a good walk, there's almost no reason to have a car if you stay at this hotel unless you're going to be traveling to some other distant destination.

Overall, this was a great hotel for the price. My stay was awesome and I would recommend it. It obviously isn't a 5-star hotel, but I'd definitely go back again.

Room Tip: They pretty much all seem the same.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located about a mile from Cardinal Stadium, where we watched the Fiesta Bowl in Jan 2013. Within 2 blocks you have access to many restaurants and bars and shopping areas.The hotel has a great breafkast set up each morning and the staff diligently keeps the serving area well stocked and clean. Great service, Great stay! Go Ducks : )

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank CalyRooski
Glendale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Call me weird, but I like to stay at hotels in my area, just so I know what they are like. Holiday Inn Express is behind Cabella's in a "cluster" of hotels like Residence Inn, Staybridge suites, etc. The room was nothing special, the hotel was clean and uncrowded, but WOW! They put out a solid breakfast! Me and my daughter throughly enjoyed the breakfast they served for FREE down in the lobby. I would recommend this hotel for a few nights stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor and it was okay
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jebvixxen
Louisville, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel is amazing. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and efficient. I was pleasantly surprised at how fresh and delicious the breakfast was. I had a problem with my in room coffee maker and it was fixed immediately. The pool area and work out room were beautiful. The only downside was that we experienced the room rates raised due to the Fiesta Bowl, but we were within walking distance to the stadium, restaurants and shopping

Room Tip: There are really no rooms with a view, so any room is good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alfred M
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for the Fiesta Bowl. Rooms were nice and clean, great FREE Breakfast, FREE Wi-fi, and FREE parking. We initially had rooms reserved at the Renaissance in the same area. We stayed there one night. Great hotel also, but their Breakfast wasn't free and they charged 12.95 for Wi-fi and $10 a day for parking. We moved to the Holiday Inn Express because of all the "extra" charges. Would stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Glendale in a heart beat!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank triptaker86
Corona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Excellent hotel, great staff. Oscar the manager goes out of his way to take care of his guests. I am a platinum member with Holiday Inn and stay alot of nights in Holiday Inn's as they are by far my favorite brand and this property continues to add love for this brand. Very welcoming and inviting. We stayed there to watch my Chicago Bears beat the Cardinals. Just a great stay. I couldn't be more happy. Next time I am in town I will definately stay there. 1 thing though, please get better shower heads, other than that fantastic.
This hotel is near excellent shopping, restaurants, sporting events, just a great location and a wonderful little hotel. You will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Quiet in all areas of the hotel. No issue with choosing a room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area
Staybridge Suites Phoenix/Glendale
Renaissance Glendale Hotel & Spa
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale? Share your experiences!