“Very Functionable and well appointed” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Prairie Village, Kansas
“Very Functionable and well appointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I was in for just one day/evening, the rooms were well appointed with rolling desk and movable TV and quality fixtures throughout. I was especially pleased with being able to be worked in on short notice to the Spa. Delhia was fantastic for a pedicure.

I am returning in 2 weeks and going to stay for 4 nights this time, rather than staying in my old standby in the West Valley, I have a new standby, the Renaissance in Glendale.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Redmond, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

This hotel was nice overall, but for the price/level of this hotel, I would have expected a few things to be better. Here are the things that could have been better:
1. When we first arrived at our room, there were dirty dishes from room service next to our door. We went in, and the room was completely made up, but it was a little strange.
2. The beds were fine, but many cheaper hotels have much nicer mattresses.
3. The pillows were completely flat.
4. Our fridge didn't work correctly.
5. The sofa in our room had a cushion made of some cheap vinyl that reminded me of the city bus seats.
6. Room decorated in bright colors, bordered on gaudy
7. Had to pay to park, even though it was in the suburbs

Things I did like:
1. Pool was very warm (like a bathtub)
2. Nice pool area/courtyard
3. Nice workout room
4. Right next door to small mall (actually it was mostly restaurants) was convenient
5. Staff helpful

Overall, I had a nice stay, but I think a better hotel could be found for the same price.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Inverness
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

I accompanied my brother on a business trip to this hotel, he was attending a 5 day conference. Our room was very large and had two queen size beds, a large television, beverage facilities, fridge, iron etc, free safe & wifi internet access. We had a view of the cardinals stadium, and it was nice and quiet at night with no noise (obv would be different if there had been a game on).
Our room was cleaned daily by the maids with fresh towels and sheets every day. They were quite happy to come back if you were still in the room.
We did not eat at the restaurant, but made good use of the coffee shop & vending machines which were reasonably priced. There was a gym with lots of equipment which we didn't use but were more than welcome to. A very large outdoor pool with plenty of poolside seats, and bar staff & telephones for ordering drinks and food. There was also a roasting hot jacuzzi pool which was large and quiet.
The spa is amazing, and the staff were very friendly and interested to learn all about my Scottish heritage! Which I like :) and they were more than happy to recommend lots of places to visit in vegas - as we were going for the weekend.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

Wow, great hotel, and I'm not a big fan of the Marriott chain. Booked a stay for a conference and was expecting your average rack room, but checked into a huge room with 12-15 foot ceilings, really nice boutique furnishings, and an oversized balcony with lounge chairs and mountain views. I don't know if all the rooms are this nice, but mine was really upscale. It looked like the pool area was very nice with cabanas. I can imagine it would be hopping in the summer. A few minor complaints--the room doors slammed rather loudly, so they would wake you up as other guests came and went. There is a huge parking lot across the street from the hotel, but they post signs saying no hotel parking--you'll be towed. Instead, they make you park in an empty parking garage attached to the hotel for $10-15 a night. Also, there is a charge for internet access. The usual ripoff of $15 or so per 24 hours. Overall, nice hotel for a conference with meeting and banquet rooms on site. Can't complain about the location, being across the parking lot from the Coyotes hockey arena and the Cardinals football stadium. Also easy walk to several restaurants in the adjoining shopping center with dancing fountains. I have to give kudos to the hotel staff as well. I had trouble getting out of the self-park garage twice. Self-pay station wouldn't take my card, and wouldn't print a receipt either. The front desk manager walked to the garage with me, opened the kiosk, retrieved my park card, and hand-wrote a receipt for me to get reimbursed for expenses. Unexpected personal service--much appreciated. Glendale is quite a hike to the Phoenix airport ($75 taxi fare, and outrageous rental car prices), but seemed to be a reasonably safe slice of suburbia once you get there. I was lucky to have an afternoon off and made my way to the White Tank Mountain Regional Park west of Glendale and Sun City, which I highly recommend if you have just a few hours off. Towering saguaro cacti and desert mountain views/trails. Great stuff.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Pleasanton, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

My son and I flew to Phoenix for a one night trip to see a Phoenix Coyotes hockey game. I searched for the closest hotel to that venue, and the Glendale Renaissance fit that bill. I first looked on their website for prices, then on a whim decided to look and see what Orbitz could come up with. I ended up with a two queen bed room and a rental car package for way less than $300 so I booked it. I was extremely pleased walking into the hotel and seeing how nice it was. Modern, clean, well appointed, with efficient and friendly staff going out of their way to be helpful. The room was a bit larger than your typical chain hotel room, with a separate bar pantry area with a mini-fridge, cabinet and coffee maker. There was a desk, a dresser, and an HD flat panel TV, along with a chair/ottoman for relaxation. Internet access was available for a fee; around $13. I passed. The bathroom was done on a tile floor/travertine wall tile motif; very nice. Aveda brand soaps and toiletries...nice touch. The beds were very comfortable, and the room was fairly quiet for the most part. It was easy to hear traffic noise from the nearby freeway and shopping center, but it wasn't bad. The hotel has a very nice spa area, a store with a coffee bar (it serves up Starbucks coffee and beverages), as well as a bar area and a restaurant. Room service is available until 11pm, and wasn't exorbitantly expensive. There is a 24 hour fitness room, and a business center. They also offer two kiosks near the registration desk where airline boarding passes can be printed for free. Parking is $5 a day for valet service, or $11 to self park. It is a very short walk to Jobing.com arena, University of Phoenix Stadium, or Westgate Center...a shopping/residential neighborhood that reminded me a bit of Downtown Disney without the Disney. Best of all...there is a Gordon Biersch brewpub nearby, and a HUGE Cabela's less than a mile away! I really recommend this place if you're going to check out a Coyotes game, or even a college or Cardinals football game.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

My sister and I were looking for a close-by, nice location to stay for 1 night after attending the Andre Rieu performance at the jobing.com Arena. Thanks to Trip-Advisor, I found the
Renaissance in Glendale. WOW ! - From the close proximity (we walked to the Arena
in 5 minutes) to the friendly staff (front desk, valet, you name it!) to the very pleasant staff at the hotel restaurant - we could not have asked for anything more ! The hotel is new,
and georgeous - the room was big - nice balcony. Wonderful beds and comforter !
The food was good, and the prices very reasonable at the hotel restaurant, as well as
room service (they delivered our breakfast in 15 minutes)
Valet parking was only $5 per night
This is THE PLACE to stay if attending anything at either the U of Phoenix Stadium or the jobing.com Arena. The night of the Andre Rieu concert there was a Monday Night Football game (Arizona Cardinals) - we saw several football fans in the hotel lobby bar -
If you are looking for sightseeing, etc. - this probably would not be the place for you - it is located near the 2 venues mentioned, and a nice shopping plaza with lots of restaurants, but that's about all there is in the immediate area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

We stayed in this hotel because it was the closest hotel to the University of Phoenix. The lobby was absolutely beautiful and clean. The group price was $129 a night. The rooms were clean but they were ridiculously small for the price. They weirdly had these really high ceilings but that didn't help at all! The rooms were pretty small (except for the high ceilings). There was only a chair and a partial desk. The t.v. was small and sat on the dresser where you didn't have a good view of it from the bed (that was the only place you had to be able to view the t.v. at all! There was a really small refrigerator which was o.k... the bathrooms were clean but not very attractive. The single sink and mirror were tiny and impossible to share. There weren't any other mirrors in the room so everyone had to take turns to brush their teeth and blow dry their hair. Every hotel I have been in at least had an area where 2 people could share the bathroom space. We were also promised a mat or roll-away cart when we made our reservations but when we requested it they were all gone! The pool has hours that allow you to swim until 11:00. The staff decided to close the pool at 9:20 because there were too many kids. That is the dumbest thing! Of course there are children there who want to play in the pool! I paid a fortune so my child should be allowed in the pool until 11:00 with full parental supervision! After many parents complained angrily about that they let it be open until the posted hour which was 11:00..They charged so much money to stay there and in addition you had to pay $15 a day! So we had to pay $30 for 2 nights for parking! Not valet parking!! The worst part is that they didn't offer any breakfast. For that price I expected to at least have a continental breakfast! They didn't even have a glass of water! When I complained I was told that I could purchase breakfast items. They wanted to charge me $8.00 for A BOWL of CEREAL! I will never stay in a hotel like this again! And to pour salt in my wound my son stayed in a hotel approx 4 miles away. His room cost $50 a night and they offered a full breakfast and didn't charge 2 park!!! That hotel's lobby was not as pretty but the room was just as nice and even a little bit bigger! This Renaissance Hotel is absolutely terrible and wouldn't even be worth it if they charged half the price

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Renaissance Glendale Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!