“Great hotel and well located” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Chandler, Arizona
“Great hotel and well located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent one night here late October for a concert at the adjacent Jobing.com arena. You really cannot get any closer as the arena was less than 100 yards outside of our rooms window. It is freeway close and steps to Westgage. Checked in around 1 p.m. on a Sunday and the room was ready. Front desk clerk was pleasant and tried to find us an upgrade but hotel was sold out. Standard king room was spacious, well appointed and clean. It had the typical Marriott look and colors. Climate control and water pressure worked well. Bed was comfortable and room near end of hall was very quiet. Coffee shop and lobby bar on 1st level but we did not have time to use either. Cannot speak to the spa, gym. dining or pool since our stay was so short. Used Marriott points for our stay and paid the $15 for valet. (self parking was $10 for 24 hours)

We have stayed at a few of the hotels in the area of arena and Westgate entertainment complex with similar pricing but this is our new favorite. We would stay here again for both one night or extended stay.

Room Tip: Not much in the way of views so not sure it matters.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was at the Glendale for a business meeting. The hotel was good enough, but the location was less than ideal - unless you are in to sports (there are two stadiums nearby) or average sports-bar type dining.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Port Townsend, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Exceptionally friendly staff. Helpful and accommodating. We had reserved an ordinary King Studio but were upgrading to a suite upon check in. This hotel is very close to the U of A Stadium. Walking distance right from the back of the hotel. For seniors who require chair assistance or mobile assistance I would not recommend the walk over to the stadium. The hotel may have a shuttle to take you over for a small tip. Clean and very up to date. The loung area and reception area offer a pleasent environment to sit and talk. Good coffee in the room, linens are good and showers are very good. We also had a jacuzzi. The con is: a daily charge for internet. The pro is: reasonable cost for rooms and we booked directly on their website. The self parking had no cost because the gate was not working so we scored there. Good choice.

Room Tip: If you are there on a weekend and there is nothing going on - request for an upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I just stayed two nights here for a business trip. He and a co-worker were in Phoenix to recruit for there job. I was free to do whatever I wanted while they were working. This hotel worked out great. We were upgraded to Club Level, so we received free breakfast both mornings we were there, snacks and drinks throughout the day and appetizers along with dessert in the evening. We were on the 10Th floor, right next to the club, very convenient. Room was very quiet, clean and comfortable. Sizable bathroom with every thing you need. Movie theater is a 3 minute walk, so I was able to go enjoy a movie while they worked and I didn't need a car to get there. Lots of dining choices right at your footstep. Some shopping, only thing that would have made it better is if there was a drug or convenient store near by. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We will be returning to stay here on future business trips.

Room Tip: Go with the Club Level rooms. Well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel over Labor day weekend. DO NOT STAY EVER HERE OVER LABOR DAY WEEKEND. There was a conference going on that was full of about 2000 teenagers dressed up in costume. We heard this "Saboten" Conference will be held here every year for the next 5 years. It was super noisy and annoying. We had even called to make sure no events were being held here because we wanted a relaxing, quiet weekend and were given no warning.

When we complained the management was very unhelpful. They mostly acted irritated. The spa was very lovely, though they messed up our appointment times. The only good thing was breakfast which they did comp. One nice thing to make up for 3 nights of no sleep due to the loud partying going on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
K55_12,

Thank you for your response in regards to your stay with us over Labor Day. I did have a chance to review your comments with our team at the hotel and we do apoloigize for your experience with us. We have taken your comments to heart and we are currently working on an events calendar that we will place on our website so guests will have knowledge of different events happening in and around the hotel, whether it be a certain type of conference, sporting event or concert that is happening at any of the venues withing walking distance of us.

Thanks again for your feedback, we hope that you will come back at some point and time to give us another try...
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I read all the reviews about this place being dirty and was honestly concerned. We got there late and without my luggage. The check in counter was extremely nice and provided me with anything I could have needed until my luggage would arrive. A storm was rolling in so they had the golf cart take us next door to dinner- amazing, out of their way! It was very quiet in the hotel I didn't hear many guests. Now for cons- I wouldn't say the hotel was dirty but they need to pay better attention to detail. There were dust bunnies in corners and it didn't look like they had mopped the floors in a while. I had some stains on the couch and chair in my room that they unquestionably need to take care of.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
North Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here for the 1st Cardinals game of the season & couldn't have picked a better location to do so. The stadium is right behind the hotel, so me & my mom walked. Right across the hotel parking lot is West Gate, which has a variety of outdoor bars/restaurants, shops and a gigantic AMC movie theatre. At night there is a live band that plays from 6:30pm-9:30pm. It was soo great & the weather was even better. You won't find many people outside during the day, being as it gets really hot, but loads of people came out at night. As for the room, it was clean, big bathroom and had a flat screen tv. Being a renaissance though, I would had expected more. There's a big balcony which is fun to sit out, especially when the crowds are coming in for the game, you can oversee the whole West Gate crowd. There's a Botanica spa downstairs & the lady at the front desk is suppperrr nice! Nicer than the front desk staff at the hotel! I got my hair done there & a pedicure, not too spendy either :) The hotel has a nice bar downstairs and their buffet breakfast at the Soleil restaurant is to DIE FOR!! OMG sooo yummy! I also got to sit out by the pool which was nice in the 9am 100degree weather. At the pool you can also order poolside food & drinks, but I unfortunately didn't take advantage of this. Overall, I do plan on staying here again, because from what I saw there's not too much else around. Go Cardinals!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance Glendale Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!