“Glendale breakfast gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gas Light Inn

You added Gas Light Inn to your Saves list
Gas Light Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   5747 W. Glendale Avenue, Glendale, AZ 85301   |
Special Rate
Weekday Special Queen
Ranked #1 of 2 Glendale B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“Glendale breakfast gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We checked out the Gas Light, as it has started to generate some buzz and we were looking for a better late Sunday breakfast experience (which would not require an hour wait). Pleasently surprised by the quality and the reasonbale prices. We tried the house breakast skillet which included has browns, veggies and choice of bacon / sausage topped by a couple eggs (cooked nicely to order) and well-executed hollandaise, accompanied by toast and huge mugs of deliciously roasted coffee. They would benefit by a more obvious indication that the dining room is indeed open and serving breakast. Only our determination to check out the property overcame the inclination to scoot, at first. Very glad we stayed, and we'll be back. Speaking of the property, check out the ginormous, luxurious honeymoon suite - incredble bargain and location for $145.00 a night!

Room Tip: Only saw the honeymoon suite, but a great venue for a party after a hard day of antiquing! The adjac...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We spent 2 nights during Glendale Glitters festivities in this charming inn and were duly impressed. Immaculately clean, comfortable beds, good coffee, delicious breakfasts and a super location for antiquing, boutique shopping and enjoying good food and wine. The new owners are committed to creating a comfortable atmosphere for your stay, dining and enjoying wine and beer; highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are noisy for those who retire early (during events).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Danville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Great place to stay when visiting relatives! Rather than stay with my sister while visiting last week, I decided to stay the 3 nights somewhere close to her and this was the closest and very reasonable. It is in Old Towne Glendale near shops, antiques, great food, and the Inn was perfect and created a wonderful experience for my visit - not something I expected.

A few items specifically: extremely reasonable rates, which includes a full breakfast; very clean and well maintained; excellent service by the staff; Teresa, one of the owners was extremely hospitable; the bed and pillows were very comfortable and good quality (important to me!); the breakfast was made to order with 3 selections to choose from each morning; next door is the OTG Wine Bar (owned by the same), which was great to stop in and enjoy a glass of wine after visiting the family and before turning in.

I was traveling alone and felt very safe (the inn-keeper is on premises all night).
I had a delightful visit - saw family during the day, and had some privacy and explored the area in the mornings and evenings.

I'd recommend this Inn highly if you want a unique experience. I tire of sterile (and far more expensive), chain hotels and really enjoyed the individual personality of the Gas Light Inn. I stayed downstairs in one of the lesser expensive rooms, but after Teresa showed me the upstairs suites and rooms, I would absolutely opt for upstairs and a little more money (not a lot though) next time. The downstairs back room I stayed in (The Gala - which someone else on this post had recommended) was well furnished (all rooms with antiques), and was quiet on the alley, but because of being on the alley don't really have a window (a glass block windoes does create some light but maintains privacy). The upstairs rooms had windows, were more spacious and beautifully furnished. Frequently website pictures look better than the real thing - I actually found the reverse here. I think the rooms (including mine), look better than the pictures portray.

I'll absolutely be back here when I visit my sister again and could see it also as a great place to stay for Spring Training.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are quieter off the street. Upstairs are roomier though with nice windows.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
uijeongbu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Let me start by saying, the Gaslight Inn is a great place to stay! There are plenty of good reasons to overnight at this superb B&B over a chain motel. My room was spotless and neat. Breakfasts were delicious and filling (try the Gas Light Skillet). Location was convenient. Now, these are things you would expect at a good hotel, but the Gaslight offers so much more!

Atmosphere! Take a trip back to the Roaring Twenties! Each room is decorated to a theme. Feeling like an old school Gangster? Stay in the Gentleman's Parlor! Bringing a big family? The Honeymoon suite is enormous and includes a full kitchen. Just you and your significant other? The Presidential should do. Or, take a look at one of the other rooms. Each has a distinct, unique character and decor, something you'll be pressed to find at an ordinary motel. It was great fun just to tour the Inn, worth a visit just for that. Don't let the age of the building (1926) concern you, the facility is superbly maintained, up-to-date and full of charm. The best of both worlds! Did I mention the rates are competitive.....

I chose the Gala room for a couple of reasons, price and I wanted to be on the ground floor. The website shows a wood-framed bed, but when I got there it was a big cast iron affair. Wow! Reminded me of Og King of Bashan's bed from the Bible. Very, very comfortable, I slept every night like a stone. Despite the downtown location, my room was very quiet, noise was never an issue even when parties were held in the meeting room. The flat-screen TV and Wi-Fi worked flawlessly. The owners placed a nifty old-timer desk just underneath the TV against the wall (pic doesn't show), to facilitate laptop use. The bathroom was enormous and ADA compliant, but note, the Gala doesn't have a tub. Check out one of the other rooms if you just gotta have a tub.

The hotel holds all sorts of events and entertainment, check the site. The management bent over backwards to make sure I had everything i needed for a pleasant stay. Can't remember better service, anywhere! There are stories that the previous ownership was, shall we say, less than stellar. Not so now, I'd come back any time!

Most folks will visit Glendale with a car, but I made this trip without an automobile. I didn't want the expense and risk of renting a car. I had also noted that the Metro Phoenix transit system had expanded greatly in recent years. The Gaslight's downtown location helped make this trip a success for me. Pretty much anything you might need is within reasonable walking distance. Hungry? Two minutes to Lenny's for a delicious burger like you won't get from the chains. Mexican eats are plentiful. If you're in the mood for German food, Haus Murphy's is right next door. Smilin' Jack's Pedal Cars just down the street is a must visit for any hobbyist. Rounded off my die-cast car collection there and at the numerous second-hand stores in the district. The Olde Towne Bar out front is a great place to relax with a cold brew for the evening after walking around town. Need to go cross-town? Hop on the bus, it's cheap easy and safe.

In summary, should you visitt Phoenix and Glendale is convenient for you, if you don't stay at the Gas Light, YOU HAVE MISSED OUT!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Prescott, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I made a special trip to the Gaslight Inn from Prescott, AZ to attend their “wedding expo.” I really was interested in renting the venue for my wedding. When we arrived, we were greeted by the vendors, who all seemed extremely nice and were able to provide us with a great deal of information. We were pretty much left to just tour the building on our own to look at what they had to offer. After noticing that another bride was graciously being given a tour and seemed to be attended to in quite an appropriate manner, I began to seek someone that I could speak to about renting their facility for my own wedding. I was rudely ignored by the man offering assistance to the other bride and did not even receive so much as a “hello.” Shrugging it off, I decided to try to find someone else to help me and finally found “one of the owners” who, oddly enough, did not reveal her name. I asked if she could show me around and provide me with some information about their venue. She showed me the ceremony areas and outdoor areas quite hastily. I then began to ask her about the prices for the venue where she told me the price of $5500. She was then interrupted by someone asking her if she could show them the restroom and she seemed relieved to run off and tend to that rather than continuing her conversation with me. I left not knowing any details of what they even offer for the price of $5500. At that point, I had gotten the hint that the Gaslight Inn was not interested in catering to every bride so I left. On my way out the door, I noticed three people that were obviously either employees of the Gaslight Inn, or possibly even owners and they were discussing how to bring more people in and suggesting maybe they put up “a big sign, that says WEDDING EXPO.” I thought this to be hilarious because they were allowing me to walk out not knowing a thing more than when I walked in except where to get a D.J. and a vacation. I even told “one of the owners,” they were my first choice for a venue to see if that would get me some help. That obviously did not work. Now, the Gaslight Inn will be my LAST option for a venue. They lost out on my business and I assume with the kind of customer service I was given, the Gaslight Inn will soon be a goner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakeside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is the sweetest little B&B. The Inn has been renovated and the rooms are fabulous. nice antique furnishings, tin ceilings, big LCD tv, great bathroom and the linens are just as soft and cozy as can be. The food is great along with the wine bar. We had a lemon drop martini. Teresa will take great care of you. You know you've found a great place when you FEEL at home, as you do here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kingman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We chose to stay at this amazing B&B after seeing a Brelby Theatre Production on their patio venue in August. Teresa, Pete, Grace and Chad (the Bartender) are the most amazing hosts of this beautiful, luxurious, charming and amazing place! We were warmly welcomed by Teresa and given the history of this delightful building that has been transformed into a real "home away from home".
As soon as you walk through the door, you take a step back in time and leave all your stresses and worries behind. You are treated as family and assisted with your luggage joyfully to your room. Each and every room is meticulously decorated with furniture that enhances the 1926 architecture and atmosphere! My husband and I were so comfortable, relaxed and stress-free. Although we only stayed one night, we look forward to extending our stay the next time we are in the Glendale area.
Old Town Glendale is filled with amazing places from restaurants, shops, theatrical performances by one of their newest additions, Brelby Theatre Company and this most amazing B&B!
The Gaslight Inn hosted a Murder Mystery Theatrical Event in conjuction with Brelby and Haus Murphy. This is one B&B that is not only community minded, but also warm, genuine and the BEST place to stay!

Room Tip: Every room is so charming and comfortable. There are even Handicapped rooms available on the first...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Gas Light Inn? Share your experiences!