“Just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

we felt like we were doing them a favor by staying there.. customer service is lacking in friendliness and personality.also way of the freeway. good for some just not for us. i think attitude of the staff make a huge difference. CHOICE HOTELS also need to be consistent in the free breakfast. some of the ones we stayed in had a choice of sausage and eggs while others didnt. consistancy is everything in any chain.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Green Valley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The sign on the road was not lighted so we had a hard time finding the place at night. Exhausted, we waited until morning to shower. There was only one washcloth and towel fro two people. How did this overpriced dump get a high rating by others?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Northern Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Smoking room aparently also means pet room. The first thing we saw when we entered the room was a series of huge pet stains on the carpet. There were cigarette burns on the kleenex cover and the bathtub. Chew marks on the bedside table, and the room smelled of pet stain. There was not a single clock in the room. One of the 2 phones in the room didn't have any information on it at all. Work chose and paid for the hotel, it was nice that it was right near where we needed to be, but I wouldn't have paid for it on my own. Also rollaway beds partially blocking the stairwell huge fire hazard.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Sent me to a room with no air conditionining when the temperature outside was 112 degrees the room was at least 120 degrees. When I can to the front desk to ask for another room the front desk clerk had an attitude of that's tough bad, you can have the handicaped room. They refused a refund so I had to find another hotel that night because she asked me to leave the premises while I was attempting to resolve the situation. They have refused to refund my money. I even filed a complaint with Choice Hotel corporate office and they say they can do nothing as long as the manager refuses to refund my money. So they kept my $62 for nothing but I will never stay at any Choice hotels ever again if this is what i can expect.

Room Tip: Do not use this hotel!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Encinitas, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed here in March of 2011 and were really pleased with how big the room was. There was a strange little nook to the side of the room where there was a couch (I think it was a foldout but I can't remember). The place was clean and although our window view was of the parking lot, we still could see the pool from our 2nd story room.

Free breakfast which is always a favorite of ours, and the spread was actually pretty good. DIY waffles and hard boiled eggs get us through the morning until our first Cracker Barrell stop!

We were here to see a Padres Spring Training game and would definitely consider staying here again! It's not too far from the stadium and there are a billion restaurants and shops in either direction of the road. Really felt like a central place to be.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I see a lot of negative reviews about this place, but our experience was quite perfect! The check-in went quickly and smoothly (we stayed using points, so I can't comment as to the price or value), and the room itself was very spacious, well appointed and clean. The grounds and common areas also were clean. We did not have breakfast here, but we did have coffee, which was fine and available throughout the day. No problems at all during check-out, either. I'm pretty picky when it comes to cleanliness, and this place passed my critical eyes! Wifi was fine - easy hook-up and a good signal. We did have to ask at the front desk for the password.

The location is good. There are a lot of restaurants within a very short drive.

I would stay at this motel again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Upon first arrival, the entire premises seemed grungy. Once arriving at our room, we found out that neither of our key cards worked. After receiving another two, we finally made it in. The hallway smelt like smoke, but the non-smoking room itself smelt fine. We later found out the fridge did not work at all, and noticed that many areas throughout the room weren't clean. The key cards only worked half the time, and usually took around 4 tries to get it to work.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Quality Inn & Suites at Talavi? Share your experiences!