“Worth every penny!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #96 of 487 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Greek
Description: This is apparently a new location for this chain.
Description: This is apparently a new location for this chain.
Torrance, CA
“Worth every penny!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Being half Armenian, over the years I've found that Greek Restaurants come the closest to what I grew up with (outside of a good Armenian restaurant). My Big Fat Greek Restaurant has a great selection that is the best I've found. Their Dolmades (stuffed grape leaves) were very tasty as they are made with ground beef & rice (with a good portion of beef!), topped with a tasty lemon cream sauce. We also were pleased to discover that you could mix the Souvlaki skewers. The wife had both Chicken and Angus Beef skewers while I had the Lamb and Angus Beef. Truthfully, you could cut these with a fork, they were that tender! Prior to leaving, I spoke with the manager to pass along our thanks for a delicious dinner. He said that we should try the Braised Lamb on our next visit. Well, we've returned home to Southern California, but are pleased to see that they also have a Burbank, California location, so I'm hoping that the meals will be just as good when we give them try.

• Visited June 2012

Surprise, Arizona
“A Symposium of Ecstasy, Eat Better, Live Longer, Eat Greek!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Experience Greece without a passport! Bring your appetite & don't forget your left overs! The Meat Lovers Platter was enormous! It had, lamb chops, chicken. pork & beef souvlaki, gyros, mousaka, pasticho, tzatziki, rice, roasted lemon potatoes, salad w/pita bread & serves two @ $19 per/person. It's a great medley of Greek food the way Grandma would traditionally prepare it w/love. The herbs, spices, and amazing flavors made this meal delightful! Their half pound burger choices are all served w/seasoned fries or Greek salad.This is also delicious and cooked the way you like it. There are heart healthy choices on the menu, salads, wood fired pizza & calzones, pasta, items off the grill and from the sea as well as sandwiches, pitas and desserts. Prompt wait service and good food. We just keep going back for more!

• Visited April 2012
Peoria, Arizona
“Celebration Type Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Very festive atmosphere! We ordered the Meat Lovers Platter. The lamb, the lemon potatoes and the pita bread were all very, very good. We ended up close to a food coma by the time we were finished eating! Very good service, very friendly staff. Would go there again.

Visited May 2011
Phoenix
“Fantastic food - loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We ordered the meat platters, really a sampler of pretty much everything on the menu. We had two of them for 8 people, and still took enough home to eat for days afterward. The flaming baklava dessert was excellent as well.

• Visited November 2010
Dana Point, California
“OK but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

We were not overly impressed with this restaurant. The ambiance was alright but the room was very noisy. The only place one could hear the Greek music was in the restrooms. Our server was very friendly and efficient. The plates were too large, the portions were huge and presentation was lacking. I am put off by huge servings of food. The food was not memorable.

Visited January 2011