“Substandard Italian” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Substandard Italian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been to many Italian restaurants and this was substandard - couldn't believe I waited 45 minutes to eat here. Pizza barely had cheese on it and tasted like cardboard with some tomato sauce. Pasta dishes were large, but bland. However, service was pretty good. To be honest, I have eaten better Italian at Olive Garden and that is not saying much.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
KristenMeren, Guest Relations Manager at Oregano's Pizza Bistro, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Chris,

First I want to thank you for taking the time to review us. While I am pleased to hear that your service was good, I am very disappointed to hear that the food you received was not up to our standards. I would love to the chance to speak to you further to see if we can make this right. Please feel free to contact me directly at 480-829-0898 or at guestservices@oreganos.com. I hope to hear from you soon Chris.

Kristen Meren
Oregano's Guest Services

73% Recommend
Gold Canyon, Arizona
“Super Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Took grandkids there for monthly lunch. you get lots of food for the price and it was DELICIOUS!!!! The grandkids were full by the time we left and we each had a to go bag. Lots of choices to choose from and big portions served. Easy to get to - just off Gilbert Rd before entering downtown and lots of parking space. They have take out and outdoor dining as well.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Poor food, poor service, too expensive!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Met some friends at a patio table on the first weekend of February. First off the Waiter clearly was preoccupied with trying to look good in his smedium Oregano's shirt for the next table of girls. Ordered the Guaca Tony, which at other locations is the bomb. It arrived with a cold soggy cracker/crust and tasted horrible.

We struggled during the entire meal to get refills (see Waiter's priorities above). We ordered two pizzas and got one and waited another ten minutes for the other, making half the table watch the other half eat. Im sure they can cook more than one at a time!

We also ordered the pizza cookie desert that we ended up waiting for 15-20 minutes for. Needless to say we ended up occupying the table well past any rush they had, to their own fault. If we were alone I would have ripped into the Manager, but we had guests and I didn't need the scene.

Horrible experience, and horrible prices for glorified pizza!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
KristenMeren, Guest Relations Manager at Oregano's Pizza Bistro, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear KErickson,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your visit to our Gilbert location. I am so disappointed to hear about the quality of your food and service. Please know that your experience in no way lives up to our standards, and I would love the chance to make this right. Please feel free to contact me at 480-829-0898 or by email at guestservices@oreganos.com. I hope to hear from you soon.

Kristen Meren
Oregano's Guest Services
Chandler, Arizona
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Love, love, love the pizza here at Oregano's. It is always consistently good. The salads have creative names and are packed with fresh ingredients. Two can easily share a salad here.

Service is kind and professional. Even on New Years' Eve when we visited, service was attentive and the food was great. It did take over 30 minutes to seat our party of four, but it was a holiday night so we expected a wait.

Visited December 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
“Best Chicken Caesar Salad hands down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The pizza is good but I go to Oregano's for the Julius Caesar chicken salad. It's hands down the best Chicken Caesar I have eaten. I enjoy it regularly.

Visited September 2012