“Basic Place to Rest” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Fountain Hills
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Basic Place to Rest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Nothing fancy here. Typical Comfort Inn qaulity. Staff were accomodating. The rooms were clean, reasonable price and relatively quiet. There is a small area for the complimentary breakfast and it felt cramped. Typical foods.... Spent one night, in late and up early.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Nayely E, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay at our fountain hills comfort inn, We take each review and suggestion into consideration and appreciate all of our guest feedback so we can continue to improve.

I would like to let you know our property is going through a full "Truly Yours" renovation in the next coming months and the hotel will be fully refreshed and renovated. Our breakfast is with in choice hotels compliance and beyond that as well. We hope that you will visit us when our property is fully renovated so we can get your feedback then

We look forward to seeing you in the near future .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chandler,AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

As someone who works in information technology for hotels myself I travel quite a bit and this hotel stand out to me because of the location and how quiet the rooms are even during the busy hours. They also have a decent breakfast as well and Dennys next door. The hotel could use a upgrade especially the carpet but looking at other reviews It looks like they are renovating soon which is good to know

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Nayely E, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words and choosing us as your hotel when you are in Fountain hills :).

I would also like to point out yes, we are doing a full renovation this year and we hope that you do take a look at our property once the renovation is done :). We are very thankful once again for your candid review.

Thank you very much for your time and business!
Massillon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed for 3 days for son's wedding. Great room, beautiful facility including pool, wonderful hot breakfast, and helpful staff. The rooms in back facing pool have beautiful mountain view. Breakfast was always hot and included some kind of meat and eggs every day

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nayely E, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to thahnk you for your kind comment. I am glad you enjoyed your stay thorughly.

Please note that we will once again fully renovate this property to Comfort Inn's TRULY YOURS program this summer.
Make sure you come and enjoy it again.

Sam Trivedi
Dulce, NM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We travelled to the Phoenix area for Thanksgiving, and had friends travelling with us. We had made reservations for them at the Fountain Hills Comfort Inn, and while the building is beautiful, the bed in their room was awful. It was a queen size and they rolled together in the middle. It was very uncomfortable sleeping. There were apparently no other rooms available. We were very disappointed and embarrassed that our friends would have this experience. We expected more in Fountain Hills.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am in receipt of your comment and I do want to apologize for any inconvinience you may have had.

Please note that on each of our beds, we have a 3" Temperpedic Topings , above and beyond what is called for the beds specification by Choice Hotels, This may have been a respn why you might have felt the bed a bit lumpy. As you have stated we were alomost sold out, other wise we would have been glad to switch you to another room, in case if we were notified.

Also note that this June 2014-Aug.2014, we are once again going to have a full renovation done to htis property for our guests comfort.

I want to encourage you to come and visit us again and do give us a chance to serve you back.

Thanking you.

Sam Trivedi
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had a one night reservation here but was not able to stay at the property. When I checked in I realized my wallet was missing so I immediately left to go about trying to find it. As it turns out, my wallet was stolen so I had to go about cancelling cards, accounts, etc. trying to beat the person that was using my cards. I never set foot in the room. I told the lady at the front desk that my wallet was missing when she checked me in. The next morning I called and told the gentleman at the front desk that I never stayed because my wallet was stolen so I left. He said he would check me out and I told him I would bring the key back as soon as I could. The hotel did not refund my payment even though I never stayed in the hotel and especially considering the circumstances that caused me not to stay. To me, that speaks volumes about the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Nayely E, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
At first, I am soo sorry that you lost your valuables and especially the credit card. That was not our intention to begin with.
Once you checked in, you have told the front desk that you are going to take care of the issue, however, we may have not known honestly that you might have gone out whole night not to return until the next day morning. Also, the reservation that you might have chosen could be third party, or pre-paid, one that we cannot change or alter which makes it difficult for the hotel to refund.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The staff was extremely nice, breakfast was pretty standard.

We were placed in room 213 right next to the stairwell and we could hear people running up and down the stairs all night. We were woken up at 5am one morning with kids screaming up and down the hallways. Additionally the room had a strange enclosed smoking patio of some sort.

Sheriff and cops were there for half of our stay for two separate incidents with guests, which was a bit disturbing, however I know that is no fault of the staff.

Room Tip: Do not stay near the stairs (Room 213)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comment and at the same time apologize for the unprecedented event which does happen sometimes due to the unwanted circumstances in people's lives .

Please do give us a chance to serve you again.

Port Townsend, WA USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were looking for a moderately priced hotel near the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale. This hotel filled the bill. The rooms were clean and everything worked.

We had to have some medical supplies shipped ahead of time and the staff was very helpful and experienced since many of their patrons were Mayo Clinic patients. Sam, the manager, was very helpful as was the young man I spoke to on the phone. He was new and didn't know an answer to a question and told me he would talk to his manager and have him call me. Within a half an hour, Sam, the manager called ma back with the information. How often does that happen?

I probably would not stay here if I was looking for a family vacation as there isn't really much of interest in the immediate area. But if you are just stopping through or have business in the area and you want a moderate, modest digs this could be for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your comments and your business.
Please note that besides the Mayo Clinic, we have Fort McDowell Casino, Fort McDowell Western Adventures, Saguaro lake and Marina, Desert Bell Boat rides, Salt River Tubing, River of Times museum and our Tallest Fountain in the World within minutes of our hotel. There are 5 world class golf courses in town here as well. Scottsdale is just minutes away from us with lots of shopping, fine dining and entertainment. We would love to give you maps and directions should you need to on your next visit with us and would love to have you back s soon as possible. I assure you would have more fun as well.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!