“Ping's just OK” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Chinese
“Ping's just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Very good food. Just not enough of it.
Prices a bit high. When we ran out of rice, it would have been nice to be offered another bowl. Small servings, but delicious.

Visited July 2014

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Always good and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Fountain Hills has so few choices for good restaurants but Pings is consistently good. The owners are friendly and accommodate any special needs. Our order is always takeout. They have delicious soup and entrees. For vegetarians, I order the green beans or eggplant dishes. They have even been able to not include pork in the hot and sour soup. How many restaurants will accommodate that request. Their house fried rice is a favorite for my husband. It's an easy stop on a main boulevard for travelers passing thru town on way to the Rim Country area.

Central Coast California
“Take a raincheck and never cash it in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I've eaten here twice while passing through town and staying in nearby hotels. The food is not prepared with any taste or quality. Last time I ate here the owner or owners son prepared my to-go package and he put the rice box on top of the lemon sauce plastic lid and it caved in and cracked, and spilled lemon sauce everywhere in the bag. I ate my lemon chicken without the sauce and it was just a fried battered chicken with no taste. This place is not good in my opinion. They are the only racket in town and they know it. If you want a fantastic place to go near FLW and Shea in Scottsdale, contact me and I will advise you of other options that are literally out of this World compared to this place. This is only my opinion and I'm not trying to harm anyone, but this place needs to go out of business they give Chinese food a bad name. All they would need to do is visit every Chinese and Asian restaurant in a 10 mile radius and they would see the err of their ways. Prices are not good either for what you get.

Visited January 2014
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Just Average...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This family owned restaurant has been in Fountain HIlls for 7 years. My wife and I went for lunch today. I'm not sure how they stay in business... there were just 3 other customers. We had the Kung Pao chicken and a chicken special (chef's choice). the quality of the chicken was very good. The food was just average, with the egg rolls very nice... light and not heavy. the sauces were non-discript and "spicy" lacked any spice. We're used to having red sauce and hot mustard on the table.. not the case here.. had to ask for the red sauce and no mustard to be seen. Service was slow for lunch... we didn't see any staff for about the first 3-4 minutes. We'd love to have a nice chinese place in FH.. I hope this makes it and we wll give it another try. Pei Wei has closed down and we're getting a little desperate for nice chinese/asian other than driving to Scottsdale.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Chinese in a simple setting.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We found this great little restaurant while searching for a place to eat one evening in Fountain Hills. The strip mall location is convenient, but doesn't do justice to the quality of the food. Our entree's were on par with some of our favorite Chinese restaurants anywhere.

The food was served quickly and in large portions. The restaurant was not very full, but the take-out counter was always busy. We enjoyed chicken lo mein and shrimp with cashew nuts. A wonderful dinner with great service and a modest price.

• Visited August 2012