“Mountain retreat, just minutes from town” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Fountain Hills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denver
“Mountain retreat, just minutes from town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Inn at Eagle Mountain for the 4th of July weekend (I know, I know), and enjoyed our stay immensely. This is a low-key property set into hills adjacent to the Eagle Mountain golf course. The suite was comfortable, featuring a gorgeous view of the golf course, lake, and Saguaro-studded desert hillsides, and the price (at this sizzling hot time of year) was fantastic.
The great selling point is that the property has the look and feel of a desert/mountain environment overlooking a golf course and lake, but is a 5 minute drive from the Mayo Clinic location at the edge of Scottsdale.

We'll be back (at a more comfortable time of year).

Room Tip: We voted for an upper floor for the better view, and were glad we did.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed there once during the summer (thank goodness for rain) and absolutely loved it. Our son enjoyed the pool and spa and we were welcomed as if we were locals. Going through town another time during the year (Fall), we paid a bit more, but in the end, the room was so worth it. Had a living room, bedroom, bathroom and balcony. Our son enjoyed having his own "bedroom" space in the living room and we enjoyed the big comfortable bed and bathroom that made you feel like a superstar. Any time we go through this area, we hope we are able to visit again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Flagstaff, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This place offers a very nice getaway. You are not near much except golf courses and a Frys grocery store. To the west is Scottsdale, which is where you would likely want to go for entertainment. The mayo clinic is a few miles down the road. This hotel features several "townhome" like buildings. Most all rooms have beautiful views. There is a nice pool and hot tub on site that overlooks the golf course, and are fairly private. The staff is nice, the rooms are clean and they have fireplaces and Jacuzzi tubs in them. The wifi signals are week, which causes slow and dropped connections. I let the front desk know about the issues and they were responsive by bringing a local IT company to work on the wifi within about an hour. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Earlier this spring, I stayed at the Inn at Eagle Mountain for a close friend's wedding. While I did call 6 weeks in advance and booked a suite - upon check in I was in a standard room with 2 queen beds. I originally booked this room for an extended weekend for myself and significant other to relax and enjoy home away from home. I was not particularly happy with the switch in rooms - especially considering I was put in a room with 2 queen beds. However, after speaking with Jessica at the front desk, who remembered making my original reservation, I was checked in to a standard room with a king bed. Through the process, Jessica was very accommodating, friendly and apologetic. She made the experience at check in less exasperating. While the room was not what I was expecting, I still enjoyed my stay and relaxed. I should note that the general manager did call and leave a letter explaining the mix up of the rooms (necessary maintenance) and offered an apology; I very much appreciated the attention to the error.

This is not a big chain hotel and has a quaintness about it that is charming. Southwestern style and slightly dated in my opinion but definitely still cozy. I took advantage of the view from my patio off my room overlooking the golf course in the morning. This is definitely a great alternative to branded hotels in Scottsdale/Fountain Hills area. I look forward to returning!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Inn at Eagle Mountain. It was a very nice and relaxing. I think any room you stay in there you have an amazing view! The rooms are nice and the pool felt great! Also the staff was VERY friendly and helpful, Jessika in particular was very helpful on taking care of our needs. Even tho we live in Mesa, going to Eagle Mountain felt like we got out of town for a great and relaxing "staycation" I can not wait to go back there again to visit!

Room Tip: Any room has a great view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I really like this place, it is very quiet, you can see the stars from your balcony, and the rooms are spacious. it is also well located if you are visiting Fountain Hills and MUCH nicer than the Holiday Inn, altho not as centrally located. One odd thing is that the luxury suites have weak wifi signals.

Room Tip: Luxury suites have a living room and bedroom, and are nice if you are traveling with kids. The wifi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Have seen the Inn at Eagle Mountain whilst playing the golf course. Finally got to stay there . What a find . Well furnished, clean , spacious ,and quiet. The staff very friendly and helpful. They even forwarded an item we left behind to our next destination. The only minus we thought was the temperature of the pool. A little chilly. A great place to stay, we can' t wait to go back.

Room Tip: Choose a luxury suite nobody above
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Eagle Mountain? Share your experiences!