“Terrific course in the middle of a desert paradise.” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Golf Courses, Sports
Activities: Golfing
San Diego, California
19 attraction reviews
“Terrific course in the middle of a desert paradise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We love golf and we love the desert; this was the best of both. We played the Saguaro course - I love a big saguaro and this course was covered with them.

There were many natural desert areas over which we hit our balls. The fairways and greens were like gorgeous green carpets plunked down in the middle of the desert. The greens were immaculate and rolled very true.

I found the course nicely challenging. My wonderful BF, who played his 100th game this year today on this course, also enjoyed it. He scored 76. We won't mention my score!

There was ice cold water on every other hole. We walked the course, and it was a good work-out. Very doable. The cart girl came around a lot, and the marshals also monitored the course. We waited just a little at the beginning, but after that, the pace of play was perfect (set by us).

There was a 45 minute frost delay-not unusual on Scottsdale area courses we have played.

The golf shop was also especially good. They had a huge number of items on sale.

Terrific day of golf in a desert wonderland.

Visited December 2013

Calgary, Canada
17 attraction reviews
“One of our favourites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Love this course. Way better then Eagle mountain which is near by. Be sure to by a club card to save a few bucks as this course can get pricy. Highly recommend this one.

Visited December 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“Not a golfer and I still thought it was awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We are from out of town, I do not play golf but my boyfriend asked if I could ride around in the cart with him while he played golf. They were very accommodating and said sure it was no problem. We thought paying 90$ tee time for 100 weather in the last week of season outrageous but heard it was a great course and that it was. Very picturesque and my boyfriend said it was very challenging. Well manicured and surrounded by the natural desert He golfed the Cholla. The cart girl was always readily available for drinks and snacks. More so than I ever seen when I accompanied him to golf courses in the past.
Managers (I think) repeatedly were driving by, asking how the golfing was and the people in front of us, if timing was good. Very concerned that we were having a great time. We were paired with three other golfers who were locals and offered us vacation points of interest. Couldn't ask for a better pair up.
I didn't bring my glasses but boy when they rang up a shirt and it was $95 plus tax, I almost died, just to have their name on it. My boyfriend felt bad because I offered to buy it for him and it was high for us. But we most likely will not be back at that course. Will try another when we visit.

Visited September 2013
North Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“fantastic desert golf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

this is a desert course that will not disappoint you. We played the Cholla course. It was immaculate. The fairways were as good as I have ever seen. No houses lining the course!!! This is the only course in Scottsdale that we played without houses lining the fairway. It was a pure desert experience.

Visited September 2013
Deerfield, Illinois
“Beautiful course, challenging, fun, maintained”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Played We Ko Pa last weekend and was thrilled with the experience. Beautiful desert course with elevation changes, interesting hole layouts, remote location. Course was in great condition considering it is off season. Feels like you are playing a true desert course with nothing around it but the canyons and coyotes howling in the distance (really, heard a pack). Highly recommend

Visited July 2013