“Fleming Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CopperWynd Resort and Club

You added CopperWynd Resort and Club to your Saves list
CopperWynd Resort and Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   13225 North Eagle Ridge Drive, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268   |
Special Offer
Weekday Bonus Package
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Fountain Hills
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Fleming Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had the most beautiful wedding and reception at CopperWynd. We had no idea this small resort had so much to offer and it helped to have a picture perfect setting. The rooms that our family and friends stayed in were lovely with breathtaking views. The food was carefully prepared and delicious. We loved the pool, towels were provided by the spa, and the new Barrista was so convenient for snacks and drinks. We cannot say enough about the helpful staff - very friendly and responsive. Special thanks to Lynn for helping make this a wonderful experience. Our time at CopperWynd was perfect!
Stephanie and Paul Fleming

Room Tip: All rooms have a view with private entrances.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
kyled46, Front Office Manager at CopperWynd Resort and Club, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Mr. & Mrs. Fleming,
Congratulations to you and a beautiful wedding. We are happy that you and all of the out of town wedding guests enjoyed themselves for the weekend. We hope to have you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
lake orion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

we came to copperwynd for a family destination wedding. Everything was just perfect! excellent meals both evenings,staff was very attentitive to our needs. Our room was beautiful! We asked for a late check out on Sunday to spend time at the pool with family ,it was most relaxing. we'd come back! Very private setting,excellent value!

Room Tip: No,everyone is super with baloncy and view of the mountains., a awesome site for those planning a we...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
kyled46, Front Office Manager at CopperWynd Resort and Club, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. The property makes for a very beautiful setting for a wedding out on our lawn. It looked as though the entire wedding party thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We hope to see you back soon.
Glendale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I loved this resort - it was a little difficult to find as it was very quiet and no people out and about but once we realized where the lobby was we walked into this gorgeous view - I have lived in AZ most of my life and moved to Colorado, we were visiting our son and had, had a hectic week even at our other hotel, the Pointe Tapatio Cliffs. This place was so inviting and we had a beautiful view from our room - I wish I had stayed here all three nights even with the drive, you are getting a retreat from all the crowds and actually feel relaxed. I really enjoyed my stay here

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Naomi,
Thank you for the review. We are so delighted you were able to stay with us and experience the property. We hope to have you with us again, the next time you are in town.
East Northport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

A very spiritually moving view while dining in the evening with the restaurant outdoor view. Amazing. Was here on a business trip and the entire resort is beautifully manicured. Very pricey but really nice.

• Stayed October 2012
kyled46, Front Office Manager at CopperWynd Resort and Club, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Gregg,
Thank you for the review. We are glad you were able to stay with us and enjoy your time at the resort. We would love to have you back with us!
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Owning my own business can sometimes cause me to be a businesses' worst critic because I usually can find more than one area that needs improvement. But its always corrective criticism because I want them to succeed. From the first time I came in contact with the personnel of Copperwynd to the when I handed them my room keys to check out was nothing short of realizing this is a place that knows how to deliver 'world class customer service" ..

I had never traveled to Arizona before but I had done enough research to know what I wanted to see and do. What I found to be the case for many resorts were the relentless 'Fees". The resort fees of $25-30 day. Parking fees ($20-30 day) self parking my car for $20 is hard for anyone to tell me the advantages. There are none except less scratches on my car.

My daughter was looking at Trip Advisor" reviews and came across this one. I went on probably 50 websites and something about Copperwynd Resort kept me coming back. Maybe it was the fact that it was a small boutique resort with the amenities of a large spa without the "fees" or all the positive reviews.

I had called prior to making a reservation to inquire the proximity to the different points of interest such as golf, Grand Canyon, Sedona. We were on a very tight time budget and wanted to get the most of our trip and needed a honest opinion on whether or not the resort would fit our vacation needs, My daughter called and I called and each time we got Jamie, He was informative and told me what others have done while on vacation while staying at our resort. At no time did he ever make us feel like we were asking stupid questions.

I noticed they had a great AAA deal for $109/night. No resort or parking fees!!. I went ahead and booked based on reviews, price and great golf courses , nearby towns and amenities galore at the resort. When I received my room confirmation, I noticed the total was much higher. I sent a email and asked what the resort tax and state fees were. The clerk quickly responded and noticed that during my stay, the daily rate did go up one of the days but it was no problem and they automatically made the adjustment to give me the $109/nightly for all nights. No questions asked. I thought that was wonderful for them to extend it. They could have easily waited to see if I would ask for the lower rate. So that right there started my experience on a positive note.

Then a few days before the trip, I received a "we are excited that you chose our resort and are looking forward to you staying with us" email. send us your itinerary and let us know if they can help plan any of our spa, dinner or outside activities. Ok another great experience. No resort has ever done that to me.

Our plane and rental car took longer than expected but the desk was already aware we would be a late arrival. No problem at all. Jamie was there to greet us at midnight. This resort is in a upscale residential area. The grounds are kept immaculate . The lighting is just right to catch the southwestern look. Jamie Gave us a folder with all the resort info, showed us where everything is and when open and sent us on our way because he knew we were exhausted. But extended their assistance if we needed it. Check in was fast and easy.

Our room was nicely appointed with plenty of luxury towels, robes and toiletries, plenty of coffee. So nice to have bottles of water in the room and not get a bill for it (by the way, they were much appreciated in the heat. Always new ones were replenished after each room cleaning. They did an exceptional job of keeping up with our mess. The views from the room are awesome. Didn't sleep in one day so we could catch the sunset every morning. The fireplace is also a nice plus. Even though a little warm outside at night, we left the door open and put it on a few hours. Our room was 212. I don't think I heard one peep from any of our neighbors. This is a very romantic getaway boutique resort. We strolled around to see all the amenities (great size fitness center, two pools with great views and a private hot tub, tennis courts) We did not get a chance to use any because of outside planned activities. Had wished the pool area was at least open a little later in the evening just to sit around and relax. I think on the weekend it was closed at around 7 or 8. They have a Barista to serve muffins, coffee, parfaits. We went on Friday morning right at 7 hoping to get breakfast before we left, but they weren't even set up yet, so had to resort to McDonalds. Maybe in season they are ready. I had heard that on Saturday, Labor Day weekend. There were a 11 rooms occupied out of the 32. Still not a peep heard. did I say the grounds and rooms are immaculate? This resort takes pride in everything they do. When we were out and about, people would ask where we were staying, we mentioned Copperwynd Resort. They said excellent choice.

Day of check out. We met Jim (not sure about his job title) But wow, it wasn't just take our room keys and say thank you. This gentleman actually took the time to tell us what brought him and his wife to the area, things to do and see our next visit and was genuinely receptive to our feedback and cared that we had an excellent time. I have no doubt that if we did encounter a problem they would have fixed it.

I saw a review about bugs. This place is bug free (Nada, zilch, none that you should be concerned with.) there is a pathway light that attracts these beautiful moths but no ants, roaches flies etc. Just close your door quickly and they wont come in. If they do. Open your patio door and let them out.

If I could make a suggestion it would be , TV guides in the room. There was no channel guide and the large LG TV kept shutting off and said to contact customer to order channel. This was for ESPN , CNN and other general news channels. Wasn't sure what channels resort had. Laundry room would be great, not sure if there was one. but the fact no plastic laundry bag in closet was a giveaway was that they don't. But after walking in the heat site seeing days in a row, it would be great to have a self serve laundry room to wash clothes before leaving. Or even just the bag to throw dirty clothes in.

Other than that, this is a top notch resort that has people that take pride in the service they deliver and I cannot say one bad thing about this resort. I could add pictures but they are the same as the ones on reviews and website. No surprises here. We will be back and use all the resort's amenities next time. I have already started recommending to my clients here in Florida.

Room Tip: Top floors give a splendid view of the world famous fountain in Fountain Hills town and the mountain...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
kyled46, Front Office Manager at CopperWynd Resort and Club, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Chsmit5651,

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing this very detailed review on the property. I can not express enough how appreciative we are. Thank you for recognized the staff members you mentioned in the review. We strive to make each guest stay as memorable as possible. Thank you for the great comments and suggestions. We have created a TV listing guide of all the available channels for the guest rooms. Although we do not offer laundry facilities on site, we do offer same day dry cleaning/laundry service through a local dry cleaners. Thank you for spreading the word about CopperWynd, we await your return to the property.
Anthem, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had an awesome anniversary weekend! Wonderful staff and beautiful resort. Had a relaxing 6-min massage and fell asleep 5 times. Wonderful food and amazing rooms with views! Recommend everyone going there for a getaway.

Room Tip: Buy package deals - they are worth it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
kyled46, Front Office Manager at CopperWynd Resort and Club, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
JenniferK,
Thank you for the review and Happy Anniversary! We are happy you booked one of our spa package options and that you were able to celebrate your special anniversary evening with us at CopperWynd.
Guymon, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We love this resort because of the area and the view. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean. The bath room lighting is terrible and the refrigerators need updating. We stayed here in April and June 2013 and will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jerry,
Thank you for returning to stay with us again. We hope to have you back again in the future.

Been to CopperWynd Resort and Club? Share your experiences!