“They doubled billed us on our credit card.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Eloy

You added Super 8 Eloy to your Saves list
Super 8 Eloy
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4015 W Outer Dr, Eloy, AZ 85231 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Eloy)   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eloy
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“They doubled billed us on our credit card.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

The manager swiped our credit card when we arrived in the evening, and then again the next morning. When we got a bank statement there was $75.03 deducted, and then two months later we were billed again. Our bank had to do a fraud investagation, and a few months later we got our additional money back.
Also my wife was bit by bedbugs. This was the first time we had experienced bedbugs.
We would never stay at the Red Roof Inn in Elroy, Arizona again. And my wife said the room smelled like a barn.
G & L Nelson, St. Paul, Minnesota

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
las vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

After driving 850 miles that day on a relocation, I stopped on the west side of Tucson as there were no rooms available due to a special event. I was exhausted and knew I couldn't drive any further. The desk agent told me they had one room left and he would give it to me at a discount because the phone didn't work. I had a cell phone, so that didn't matter.

I walked into the most disgusting room I have ever seen. However, I had my own blankets and pillows and brought them in to use, as I knew I couldn't drive. I complained to the manager in the morning and he said I should have called....sure thing, with a broken phone in the room!?? Look at these pictures of the conditions. It was a small digital I had, but trust me that the filth was there! For example, the manager did say he was sorry for the gum that was stuck in the rug! The door lock was broken, mold on the shower curtains, stains on the bed, rust surrounding the fire alarm, hair all over the tub etc., Like I said, if I wasn't completely road weary, I would have stayed anywhere else!

I would never recommend using this hotel. In addition, when I told the manager about the conditions, he said the room should have been out of order. But he certainly did not mind taking my money and refusing to make any concessions for the conditions.

Stayed February 2008
Tammy642, Manager at Super 8 Eloy, responded to this review, May 14, 2010
We at the Red Roof Inn in Eloy would like to take this time to invite people to come to the hotel and give us the opportunity to serve you either as a first time customer or a return. There have been alot of changes in the last couple of years and we would really like a chance to make your bad experience better.
Santa Barbara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2008

I am writing this review from room #207 of this hotel. I have found the only plus is the free Wifi. Other than that here are some interesting discoveries: Once inside the room, the lock near the door handle doesn' t seem to work. Once outside it does and the key doesn't work. We found an old Q-tip under the ledge of our bed. There is some sort of old phlegm coughed up on the wall near the other bed. One of the hand towels had signs of being used. The last occupant's bar of used soap was still in the shower. One of the bath towels seems to have been used. One bed had several long brunette hairs sticking to the underside of the top quilt. The desk lamp has no light bulb. The young man at the check in desk was quite nice, though.

• Liked — Free Wifi
  • Disliked — The room was the dirtiest I've ever stayed at in the US.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2006

this red roof is very run down.the rooms need to be refurbished.our room was very small we found food garbage under the edge of the bed and hair on the bathroom floor the room appeared not to have been cleaned. bath towels and washclothes were scarce-it took 2 hours to get any. the hot/cold water faucets on the tub/shower were reversed. do not reccomend this motel.

Ogden, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2005

Stayed overnight in Dec of 05, room was worth the price. Fast food places right on the parking lot. would stay again.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

I've never stayed in a Red Roof Inn, but I definitely will from now on. Great place to be if you want to be within 1 hour of both Phoenix and Tucson. It's a truck-stop place, next to a Waffle House, gas station and McD's. Nice gated private pool area next to 2 giant saguaro cactus if you want to relax. Very friendly and nice staff, from the housecleaners to the check-in personal. I felt very safe and secure at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Super 8 Eloy? Share your experiences!