“pleasent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Eloy

You added Super 8 Eloy to your Saves list
Super 8 Eloy
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4015 W Outer Dr, Eloy, AZ 85231 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Eloy)   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eloy
Los Angeles, California
“pleasent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

my husband and i were traveling from Texas and decided to stay at super 8 in Eloy for the night,
the lady at the front desk was very nice helped us find room and if we needed anything to just let her know. it was late at night, the room was cooled off and very clean. a few hours later there was a knock at the door, it was the young lady at the front desk informing us that we had left the light on inside our vehicle that was very decent of her.
Over all i rate this 5 stars, the service was excellent the room was tidy and its at a good location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
vVijay12, Manager at Super 8 Eloy, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Virginia g

Thank you for your kind review. We are blest with a very caring front desk and housekeeping
staff. Your review is a source of great encouragement for them. Therefore, I would personally like to thank you for helping to make our Super 8 a better place.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Vijay Sethi, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Room 212 the A/C was not working to par. The toilet handle became disconnected after one flush.n all fairness Mgmt switch us to room 206...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

vVijay12, Manager at Super 8 Eloy, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
gilmstar,

Las Vegas

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that our staff addressed the maintenance issue promptly. We not only have a great property but also superb caring staff. So thank you for helping to improve our property. We look forward to seeing you again

Vijay Sethi
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I have been driving cross country, we encountered a very rough storm and was given word that there was another thunder/lightning storm in our destination. We decided for safety to pull over and stay at a super 8. Since this hotel was under "Wyndham" we felt that it would be appropriate conditions.

Check in was rough, the card did not work to the door, and the front desk associate told us the wrong directions to our room! We had to go back to the office twice to have her rescan the card, finally after the 3rd time I asked for a new card, and then we were able to get into our room.

We walked into the room and there was a moth by the light. okay it's near off the side of the high way we'll let it go. We were in the room for an hour and 15 minutes.
the air conditioner didn't work
there were 4 flies zipping around, and then we discovered what was either a small cock-roach or a large bed bug in the room

I went to the office to check out. The clerk stated that bugs are normal and if it was "a little brown one it was a water bug" and I "Shouldn't be concerned" I then asked for a refund and was told "you've been in the room for over an hour so I can't do anything, but the manager will be in at 1 am and he will contact you for a refund"

This was on Sunday night, I've yet to hear from him since I have called multiple times.

I see he responds to tripadvisor reviews, so maybe he will see this, as I am expecting a refund. However, be warned he looks invested with his replies but he is unreachable during normal business hours.

Room Tip: drive to the next hotel or sleep in your car
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
vVijay12, Manager at Super 8 Eloy, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Nicole S
I am sorry that you had to go through a huge sand storm, and then had problems at our hotel. Regretably, sand affects our locks and a/c, and we are continually cleaning them to get sand out of them. However, You indicated that it took you a long time to check in. When you had difficulty in opening the door, our front desk person immediately went out with you to open it.You also
indicated to her that you had seen a cricket in the room, which she indicated to you was a possibility despite extensive pest control program. For myself, I was available at the front desk until 2:30 pm, for over 12 hours. but I received no calls from you or you did not indicate anything to me at the front desk. I personally checked every one out and greeted everyone at breakfast. However, I offer my very humble apology for any inconvenience caused to you.On your return visit we will provide you with a complimentary room.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been driving across the country for a relocation and needed a place to stop for the night before we finish our trek. The young lady at the front desk was really nice and helpful, but since it was her first day (that she told us) she didn't quite know how to work the key card machine which left us waiting an hour until our key finally worked. (The same thing happened to the next 2 guests that checked in after us). Then when we got into the room the temperature was at least 100* and after having the ac run all night it's probably only 2* cooler.

The towels were all stiff, the stopper in the tub is a pain to get to work, and the room smelled musty.

The one thing that was really nice was the lady at the front desk did bring us a bucket of ice.

Overall I wouldn't recommend coming to this hotel. For the kind of stay that we experienced, the cost was too much. Plus sleeping in an extremely hot room is challenging.

• Stayed July 2013
vVijay12, Manager at Super 8 Eloy, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Aleah D
My sincerest apologies for your less than satisfactory experience. It is true that our FDR was new,
but a fantastically caring lady. She got overwhelmed with the sudden sand storm that was going on that evening. I thank you for your review - it has helped us to modify our procedures, including keeping additional rooms cooled during the monsoon season.
Imperial Beach, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Checked in at 6:45pm and it took until 12:48am until the room was cool enough to go to sleep. This is Arizona, it's hot here. The a/c's in these rooms are inadequate. There was a coffee pot in the room, but no coffee. Saves wear and tear on the machine I guess. Staff does the bare minimum to help you, when they are not on the phone. Very convenient to the freeway. Carl's Jr and McD's in the parking lot, so we got coffee there. Room was clean, but small. Maybe you can get a night's sleep in the winter here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vonore, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I am a long haul truck driver. My stay was just for the weekend, then plans changed. When I spoke with the owner, he worked with me on the rate. Saved me a lot of money. I also travel with a dog. As he is a pet person, found it in his heart to reduce the rate just so my dog would have a break from the truck. Awesome guy!!! A man with a real heart. Thank You!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Eloy? Share your experiences!