“A good couple nights at a reasonable price - No problems , well one little thing...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn

Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cottonwood
Hermiston, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Good nights at a good rate , pretty good breakfast but - They insist on providing you with the cheapest thinnest plastic silverware they can find! They could at least spring for the better plastic!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stayed at this hotel recently while touring Sedona and area. The location is on the main road, and easy to find with losts of restaurants nearby. Our service at check-in was good. The room was large, quiet, and sufficient for the amount of time that we spent there. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise with warm eggs, sausage and waffles. We only spent one night here, however I would be certain to stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was with a party of 4 that last minute had to stay in the area. Was able to make the reservation right away with their 800 customer service number. The price was reasonable. Check in process was rather easy and Amanda was very customer service oriented. No complaints here.
Upon arrival to our room, I was surprised at how much more updated it was then the pics posted on here. Our room did have the updated flat screen tv, fridge in room, updated vanity and baths.
The location of this property is very close to restaurants (both fast food and sit down) and close to a WalMart in case you forget or need anything.
Next morning, we did check out the full hot breakfast. It included sausage links, eggs, toast, bagels, make your own waffles, coffee and juices. Was definitely a money saver for us since there was 4 of us. The attendant Tina was very friendly and efficient on the use of her time. The breakfast room was always clean while we were there (bout 30 min) and the breakfast bar was always stocked.
Check out was really helpful. They email you a receipt in case you lose yours and was able to provide directions to Jerome as well as some good sight seeing locations. Plus, she recommend an awesome restaurant that we could not miss (Haunted Hamburger).
All in all, for the one night stay we had, this worked out great. It is not the best or worst place I have stayed at. But I can say that the Best Western standard in customer service, cleanliness and the brand were certainly present.
I would return here if needed to again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Very convenient hotel - right on the main road and easy to access.
Rates were good - we paid about $70.0 for three people. Had a large room with very comfortable beds.
Breakfast was very good - great selection of hot & cold food.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
ccarrillo, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review. Customer care and clean, comfortable rooms are top priorities at our property and we are pleased we accomplished this for you during your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.
Syracuse, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Only stayed one night, but wish it could have been more. Staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the woman helping with breakfast. Breakfast had a variety of items....eggs(omelettes), toast, juice, yogurt, cereal. Rooms were clean, quiet and spacious. The pool area was also clean. The hotel was located close to Jerome and Sedona and to some restaurants.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011 via mobile

While stranded in Cottonwood due to car troubles, I stayed in this motel. I was very pleased with the service at check in and got a great rate. However, I had serious issues with checkout. I was told that I could check out at 1 pm when I requested a late check out; the clerk, Pilar, later denied saying this- I guess I was just hearing things...When I checked out at 1 I was charged a half day room rate even though no one ever said anything about a charge. I asked to speak with the manager and waited 35 minutes for the woman to appear. I finally gave up and paid the charge. I would recommend the hotel because it is clean and in a good location, but don't ask for any courtesy unless you want to pay for it. I still can't figure out why Pilar would lie. Her mistake cost me $!

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry for the confusion regarding late check outs. It is our policy to accomodate late check outs based on availability. I did speak to you about the matter at the time you checked out. I apologize for your wait but you were informed I was on a conference call and would be down as soon as possible. I apologize for your inconvenience and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I stayed one night at the Cottonwood Inn while visiting the area. The price seemed reasonable, especially compared with the high prices of the Sedona hotels. Cottonwood is a small town.
The hotel has two stories without elevator in a classic motel setting (external corridors). I got a room on the second floor, which means I just took my troley to the room and left my larger suitcase in the trunk of the car.
The room was clean and comfortable, just like in many other BW motels. Nothing to write home about.
Breakfast was reasonable too with the usual selection of cold stuff plus the hot omelet, which I decided not to eat. The breakfast area isn't too large. Luckily, I got there early (they are open 6-9. I got there at 7) and there was no space problem. The staff was professional and courteous.

Some other guests were making barbecue in front of their first floor room. although I stayed right above them, it didn't bother me. When I left the room I smelled the strong scent of barbecue smoke.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are preferable to those with heavy luggage.