“Cottonwood Hotel is awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Cottonwood Hotel
930 N. Main Street, Cottonwood, AZ 86326   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Cottonwood B&B and Inns
Cottonwood, AZ
“Cottonwood Hotel is awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Cottonwood Hotel! We stayed with her when some work was being done on our house. Karen was very hospitable and even set up a special little bed for my son. He LOVED it! We stayed in the Mae West room and I definitely felt like a movie star waking up in that luxurious bed with the mirror overhead! We had a great time and really enjoyed spending the evenings on the balcony overlooking beautiful Old Town Cottonwood!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Southern Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

The suites are decorated to make you feel at home. Yet the business tools you need to conduct your work are at your fingertips. Then when work is done, you are in the heart of the greatest little downtown in the country! You can take a stroll to unique shops and restaurants.

Everyone involved at the Cottonwood Hotel make sure your stay is comfortable. It is private and like living in your own apartment. But unlike other apartments we have stayed in around the country and on the road, everything you need is supplied.

Whether it's business or you just need a couple days away from the world, you won't find a better place than the "Historic" Cottonwood Hotel and a great walking trip through this unique little downtown-ALL IN COTTONWOOD ARIZONA!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Yuma, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

When my wife and I travel around Arizona and other areas we try to find the more historic hotels to stay in. So when we had the opportunity to travel to the Cottonwood/Sedona area we found the Cottonwood Hotel. It is conveniently located in the heart of Old Cottonwood on the Main Street. There is plenty of parking and lots of excellant dining opportunities nearby.

The hotel room we stayed in was the Mae West apartment. I say apartment because is was like a two room studio with full bath. The bed was comfortable with satelite TV. The sitting room had a comfortable love seat couch, a small kitchenette and a nice size working desk or table for your laptop if you can't leave home without it.

There was great coffee available if you have to have a cup when you get up in the morning like I do, and it was very good coffee, which is a surprise for a hotel room coffee maker. The bathroom was a bit small but considering it was built in the mid 20th century it provided us with everything we need from a clawfoot bath tub to a unique shower. I loved the pomegranate shampoo also. There were plenty of towels and soap available also.

The owner Karen is a wonderful person and very knowledgable about the area. She has lots of good advice regarding dining and other activities. Cottonwood is conveniently located with access to Sedona, Jerome and the Camp Verde area. The Cottonwood Hotel is a great alternative to the more costly Sedona hotels.

We are looking forward to our next visit to the area and a stay at the Historic Cottonwood Hotel in the future.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

The room was great. It had historic charm yet had modern comforts. Everything was very clean and the furnishings were comfortable. The location was perfect on the main street in Cottonwood. We were able to go for walks with the kids and enjoy ourselves without driving anywhere. Although on the main street, at night there was very minimal noise. The manager/ owner was very accessible and all of our needs were quickly met. We will be back soon. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Savannah, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

I've traveled quite a bit and can honestly say that this was one of my favorite trips! I was thrilled with my choice of hotel after meeting Karen & being shown around the property. She has done an amazing job renovating this historic hotel, with the help of her partner Greg. Every room is perfectly decorated with a theme & is stocked with luxurious linens/towels & super comfy beds! Don't go expecting room service & maids. Do expect beautiful views on the roof balcony & interesting conversations with genuinely kind people that want to help others. Also, expect to fall in love with their babies, Tibetan mastiffs: Saba, Tristar & Eclipse. I went to Arizona for a spiritual adventure after some personal challenges in my life. These amazing people welcomed me not only into their hotel but, also into their home & lives. With their caring and encouraging words, they facilitated my journey of self reflection, healing & growth. Karen made me fruit smoothies in the morning, to prepare me for the days with my Shaman & Greg did readings for me on his biofeedback machine. Karen and I went on some great adventures like the Sedona vortices, Montezuma Wells, and bonded with a mule named Pedro in Jerome. I highly recommend the Cottonwood hotel if you appreciate unique surroundings with real history and divine accommodations. I can not wait to return!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

I had a great experience in this private small historic hotel. The studio apartment suite was very clean and nice hardwood floors. I was very impressed. This was so much better than a motel room with kitchenette, even though I don't do much in the kitchen, I still had the amenities. And the price was comparable. I could step outside to a choice of several coffee shops & nice restaurants and an athletic club. And didn't have to worry about drinking and driving, when I could walk across the street for my evening martini at Nic's Steakhouse. Since I love coming to Sedona a couple of times a year, I thought that I would give this place a try (in Old Town Cottonwood) and I'm really glad I did. It was a short drive, only 15 minutes to west Sedona. As I like traveling on a budget, I will definitely come back here. You won't find a place like this in Sedona. And if you did, you would pay 3-4 times the price. Cons: The bathrooms are small, but I'm a guy that don't spend much time in one. I am also a smoker and this property is smoke-free. If no one was on the balcony, I could go out there to smoke. I'm not one to smoke inside anyways. But if someone was out on the balcony, I had to walk downstairs and stand outside on the corner. Anyways, no real complaints. This was a great find. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
new mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

My hosts Karen and Greg went out of their way to make me comfortable.
Wood floors, hypoallergenic eco-friendly memory foam mattress, clean-air control on A/C unit, filtered water in kitchen, environmentally conscious cleaning products, was all a plus for my return here to ground floor studio suite #7. Both times I stayed 4+ weeks. As I prefer fresh air versus A/C, the evenings were cool enough to open the door and back window to get a cool breeze. I am a woman who was traveling on my own and felt very safe. The Cottonwood Hotel worked for me while I was waiting for my home to be finished. I definitely recommend this hotel for extended stays or even a week-end.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Been to Cottonwood Hotel? Share your experiences!