“Very Impressive” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 82 restaurants in Cottonwood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual Fine Dining Atmosphere. Steak and Seafood with a Rustic Contemporary Flair. Hand Cut Black Angus Beef and Fresh Seafood Flown in Daily. Full Bar with Custom Cocktails, Classic Cocktails, Wine Pairings and Cheese Tastings.
“Very Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

A nice surprise. As the other reviewers have said it is a little difficult to find. Food is excellent. Top shelf liquors. If you request a table in the bar, only two tables to choose from, then it is Happy Hour all evening. I ordered the filet, which was excellent and cooked to perfection.. We went on Tuesday which is all you can eat King Crab. Also excellent and plentiful. If you are in Cottonwood, 10 miles outside of Sedona AZ, it is definitely worth the visit.

• Visited September 2013

91% Recommend
“Delicious, superb and ample servings!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This restaurant has a lovely atmosphere, more importantly, the food is awesome! I hope it doesn't get overlooked because of its location. Hidden across the street from the Home Depot next to Coldwell Banker. Fantastic flavors! The Hawaiian Marlin rocks! served with the most incredible yams and mango chutney you will ever have. Lamb was also delicious. Cocktails were better than any restaurant around. I had a ginger Cosmo that was fantastic and in a full glass (not partially spilled, if you know what I mean). Courteous, helpful, pleasant servers. You won't be disappointed! Really great coffee and Creme brûlée too. We will be back!

• Visited September 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Higher quality and much less than anything in Sedona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This cozy little spot is the new hidden gem of The Verde Valley IMO. It has an inauspicious location in a tiny strip mall next to Motel 6 that you could easily pass up. Make sure you don't because you'll be missing out. The place has maybe 8 tables and a tiny, but inviting bar and while not necessarily romantic nonetheless has a casual intimacy that is hard to describe.

I started out with the Calamari which had three sauces: cocktail sauce with just a hint of fresh horseradish; lemon garlic aioli which was my personal crowd pleaser, and prickly pear serrano sauce. The latter was not my cup of tea but no fussing from me. The portion was generous and the pieces of squid were larger than most places.

I moved on to a caesar salad which was enjoyable....the fried capers were a nice touch.

For my main I had the filet mignon. While the cut of meat was amazingly tender, by far the best cut of meat I've had in a 50-mile radius in a long time, I wasn't crazy about the red wine demi glace.....way too sweet. That was until I properly mixed it in with the bleu cheese. I love a good mixture of sweet and savoury and this blend NAILED it to perfection. This was served with a side of mashed potatoes. Not garlic mashed potatoes, not bleu cheese mashed potatoes....just plain mashed potatoes. I don't know what they did, but never have I so enjoyed plain mashed potatoes.

We ordered a bottle of A by Acacia Pinot Noir and they actually did a full decantation. I can't remember the last time this happened. I was very surprised and impressed that this was done in what is considered a casual restaurant. A VERY pleasant surprise. Hats off that they serve Stag's Leap but a pity that they only serve whites (which seems to be the case with most restaurants). Nonetheless I was still very happy with my pinot.

I finished off with some cheesecake which was yummy but way too big. Cheesecake for breakfast was in order the next morning.

I was thoroughly impressed with my meal, the fanastic value for money (I've paid twice as much for half as good far too many times) and the friendly, warm and attentive service made for an all-around perfect evening.

I highly recommend Brass Tack. It's definitely worth the trip even if you're staying in Sedona because the food is much better than most of the places in Sedona and much more reasonably priced.

Sedona, Arizona
“Dinner at The Brass Tack”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is a world class restaurant in the small town of Cottonwood, 15 miles across the valley from Sedona Arizona. It is tiny, so reservations are recommended. We found hand cut steaks and fresh fish, no modified foods, no pre-fabricated foods, and no hormones or antibiotics. Our meal was presented beautifully, the staff was friendly and professional, and the chef should be knighted! Every time I think of my salmon I can almost taste it. It was exquisite. They have a full menu, including duck, mesquite salmon, lamb, roasted pork tenderloin, all natural chicken, and filet mignon. They offer complimentary goat cheese bruschetta, warm bread and herbed butter. We began with delicious Caesar salads, and ordered chocolate cake and a coffee flavored crem brulee which finished the meal perfectly. It was one of the most memorable meals I've had in a long time.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wynnewood, PA
“Worth leaving Old Town for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

In our previous trips to Cottonwood we always shopped in Old Town and stayed there to eat. This trip we ate at The Brass Tack, which is located off of Rt 260 near 89A, on our first night in town and it was so good we made reservations for the following night also. The service and food at this hidden gem was over the top. The bar is very generous with their pours and the wine list is inclusive. On our first visit my wife had the salmon and I had the lamb chops. The second night I had the duck and my wife had the salmon again (why mess with perfection). Both meals exceeded our expectations. I do not usually take the time to review restaurants, but this one is special.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere