“OK Food in a Very Loud Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Kirtland, Ohio
“OK Food in a Very Loud Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This restaurant used to be in Jerome, AZ and relocated to Cottonwood, AZ. It has large capacity seating and is nicely decorated.

The food was just OK. We had chicken tacos and a burrito. No chips or salsas were served before the meal. The meals were nothing special.

It was very difficult to hold a conversation at our table due to the amount of noise. This did not make for an enjoyable evening.

I don't think we will return since there are a lot of great Mexican eateries in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sedona, Arizona
“Going Downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have been a big fan of Quince since discovering it in Jerome a couple of years ago. I was delighted when I heard they were moving closer to me. But growing pains have been awful! I have eaten at the Cottonwood location every other week since they opened, and they manage to disappoint me in new ways every time. The portions keep getting smaller, the orders are wrong, the service is poor, and the place is too noisy. Last night I went back for their "new" Wednesday Burger Night. They would not cook burgers to order (I prefer rare) so I got an undersized, well-done, dried out patty on a dry bun. A Big Mac would have been more satisfying for $5. Didn't get any price break on my draft, either. My partner got the wrong drink, but the server avoided us until it seemed too late to complain. They still make killer green sauce, but I'm going to need some arm-twisting to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Illinois
“Delish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great local fare and super Blood Orange Margarita...yum! Crispy and light chips, and fresh salsas...mmmm...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
WEST GROVE
“Worth going back for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Three years ago while on a day trip to Jerome, AZ we were stumbled across Quince and found that we could have a breakfast or lunch as it first opened. That served my husband and I beautifully because he was more inclined for eggs and I for a burger. So for three years I have been telling anyone that would hear that Quince served me a burger that was the best in my life and I was dreaming of the day that I could go back and enjoy another.

That time came when we visited AZ again and took our usual trip to Jerome to shop at some of our favorite places and eat at Quince. As we were checking out with our gifts the clerk overhead me say that we were going to walk down the street to eat at Quince. She told us that they moved to Cottonwood as they really needed more space. We weren't done exploring and introducing our daughter and granddaughter to Jerome so do we eat at another place in Jerome? No, we were going back down to Cottonwood that was 15 minutes away and come back to Jerome to finish our day. It was so worth it!!

I had the New Mexico Cheeseburger, my daughter the Chipotle Burger, my husband the Cobb Salad and my granddaughter enjoyed a child's cheeseburger. The beer offerings were lackluster and then twice when we did decide our server came back to say that the kegs were empty. Poor planning. Water would have to do.

When our order came someone had made a mistake and gave me another type of burger. I realized that another table had the same problem. Our burgers had been switched, but the owner/chef delivered my corrected burger himself. It did not disappoint. The tasty ground meat was juicy and the hatch chiles burst through with tasty heat. Everyone else grunted their approval of their lunches, too. It was better than I had remembered.

There are lots of wonderful choices and if you are a vegetarian you can get your burger replaced with a black bean burger. I can't imagine that one wouldn't find it hard to choose since the menu is extensive.

I should add that the breakfast that my husband had three years ago was nothing short of perfect according to him.

The relocation is on the main street of Cottonwood in a stucco, pueblo-styled building with plenty of parking. While it doesn't have the quirky atmosphere of Jerome it is easy to find.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, AZ
“NOT IN JEROME”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This restaurant is no longer located in Jerome and needs to update their listing and website! We didn't eat there because we were looking for a restaurant in Jerome.

Visited September 2013