“Enjoyable experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 90 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Takeout, Delivery
Description: Greek cafe , opened the doors October 3rd 2011. Specializing in authentic Greek and Mediterranean Cuisine. At the Greek Cafe, we invite you to come eat like Family. We take pride in our food,offering an open Kitchen atmosphere where you can see our Chefs at work in a clean and professional environment. All our food is prepared fresh daily using only the finest ingredients, farm fresh vegetables and old traditional family recipes that date back almost a Century.Come see for yourself........ Who knew eating healthy could be so tasty............Opah !
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Enjoyable experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

So glad to find good Greek food here in AZ. Almost everything was outstanding. Great gyros and baklava. Nice ambiance with rotating pictures of Greece and quiet background greek music. Very clean everywhere including the kitchen and bathroom. Only dislike was the use of plastic and styrofoam because they cater largely to take out versus eat in. My husband thought the portion size of meat to be smaller than expected, but will order extra gyro meat next time. Talked with the owner/cook and found him to be very friendly unlike others comments to the contrary. Thanks for making our 50 minute drive (each direction) worth the culinary experience. Keep up
the good work!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Clarkdale, Arizona
“OWWW STANDING BABY !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is it without a doubt. Greek Cafe has it all food, service, ambiance, way too many things to list, I have read some of the past reviews and it sound like some real crabby people have been thru here, I mean seriously your whining about a coupon, this place is the most underpriced restaurant around for what they offer and the delicious not to mention plentiful food. The owners are always there and go out of there way to greet everyone and make them feel comfortable.My family and I come in on many occassions and have NEVER had a bad experience. Way to go GREEK CAFE keep up the wonderful service and food, hope you are around forever. This town needs you.......

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sedona, Arizona
“Great food=5, Grumpy owner=1, Total=3”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Sad but true, I have driven 20 miles on 3 occasions to eat here.
Never regretted coming for the food, yet the owner is perhaps the most unfriendly, really bordering on angry person I have ever met in 5 decades. He either can't or won't smile, say hello, greet you enthusiastically-anything. He should become a warden at the local prison. Despite this oddity for a business owner I will continue to eat there, only not as often. Friendliness does count and a little gratitude goes a long way, yet don't go looking for either here. Just eat and leave :(

Visited May 2013
Sedona, AZ
“Tasty food, but service spotty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

The gyro sandwich and chicken sandwich are great - fresh pita and veggies, well-seasoned meats, and really good sauce. Some customer service training might help the man whose demeanor went from "almost friendly" to "almost disdainful" when I presented a coupon. Someone paid good money to advertise to get new customers. I don't need a new best friend, but could you at least act glad to see the revenue? This place has great potential; hopefully they'll polish up the service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sedona, Arizona
“Owners Need Some PR”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Not so good!

There are six tables in the restaurant and it seems hard to understand how the food could take so long. Our food took 28 minutes and then the server (owner) gave our food to another table. When my wife rushed up and said: "I think that's our food", the owner said...."that's okay, we'll get you another". Not only did she not apologize, but she snapped back at me, when I told her we had already been waiting nearly 30 minutes. She was rude and ungrateful. Why do they give you a table number if they're not going to use it?

The food was fair. My gyros meat was not very full of flavor as I'm accustomed to; otherwise the balance of the sandwich was okay. My wife's gyros salad was drenched with dressing and it too was not very flavorful.

The prices seemed reasonable....although I thought the salad for over $9 was a little high for what we got.

You pay at the counter, so if you are paying by credit card, I suggest you not tip until after you eat!

We don't recommend this place because the owner was rude, never apologized, service was poor and the food was mediocre at best.

• Visited April 2013