I want to start of by saying the TTH has far and away one of the top rooms of places we have stayed. Beautifully updated, clean, and comfortable Spa like in every way even the interior hallway!!. Pictures on the hotel site do not lie. Upon arrival we were given a free 2 drink voucher for the attached grill and 2 breakfast vouchers at nearby eateries, Creama café and/or The Red Rooster Café, both about a minute walk from hotel. We decided to try the town of Cottonwood for the first time after previous visits to nearby Sedona and Jerome. This town is one on the rise with several good restaurants, Wine tasting establishments and coffee houses. Very quaint weekend getaway spot.
While we loved the room there are a few improvements that have not been addressed in recent reviews...
1. No front desk. You have to go across a parking lot and go to the attached Tavern Grill and check in. You actually have to check in at the bar and the bartender had to multi-task to check us in. Also you have to get you ice from the same location no ice machine in the main hotel and there is room at the back of this establishment for one. You're pretty much on your own.
2. No designated parking for guests. Since the lot is shared with the Grill, it's pretty much first come first served. You have to have your fingers crossed. We didn't see this coming.
3. Room phone - No information or buttons on the phone to reach front desk of housekeeping.
4. We stayed in room 102 at the front of hotel. This is right where the front door is to this establishment (Card entry) We were woken up several times from LOUD guests returning from their evening festivities (Around 11:00pm) I don't know if they'd been drinking or what but there were several waves of them around this time of night. Rooms 101 and 102 are at the front.
These were the issues. Taking nothing away from the nice room or very nice staff at the grill perhaps this hotel was just different for our taste and expectations. Again the room could not have been more comfortable and the staff at the grill could not have been nicer. We also stayed here on Mother's Day weekend. It is out thought that if we stayed here on a weekday, non holiday things would not maybe been a little more peaceful. We would certainly consider staying here again in the future but in that timeframe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tavern Hotel is nestled in the heart of Old Town Cottonwood's dining, shopping, and entertainment district. This luxury boutique hotel features deluxe accommodations, combining historic details with chic elegance. Your unique experience begins at check in. Our front desk is located at the bar inside The Tavern Grille where you will be greeted and offered a complimentary cocktail while checking in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your The Tavern Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.