“Exhilarating!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 17 Activities in Cottonwood
Type: Sports Complexes, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Red Rock Skydiving offers you the thrill of a lifetime with a tandem skydive near the beautiful red rocks of Sedona, Arizona. During the flight to altitude, you will enjoy the aerial sights around the Verde Valley and Sedona. When its time, you and your instructor will exit the aircraft and freefall for approximately one mile. Once the instructor pulls the ripcord, the next 3-5 minutes are spent serenely under canopy.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Exhilarating!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I jumped for the first time for my birthday and the experience was incredible! Ian Mitchard is the best tandem instructor anyone could ask for! He's knowledgeable, professional, and gives you a sense of comfort even though you are jumping out of a plane! I would highly recommend this experience! Also, save your money on a helicopter tour and enjoy the plane ride up as Ian will give you a good aerial tour before your jump! It's a "MUST DO" for anyone visiting the Cottonwood/Sedona area!

Visited February 2013

Franconia, New Hampshire
“Not my First Time, but a Really Great Time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My jump with Red Rocks, October 2012, turned out to my 6th, and 3rd over-all this year... 'They' all did a wonderful job of providing an inviting, informed, fun and safe atmosphere from the greeting (and paperwork) in the office area, to meeting the jump staff, which included my jump instructor (Zach), our pilot, the owner (Brian), and a few others, to boarding the plane and so forth. Very accommodating, and one of my best 'out the door' experiences yet. Our free-fall was smooth, and the pee pit is rather soft for those who might come to wonder about landing in the desert vs. grass. Thanks for what has to be 'The Best' way to see and experience the Verde Canyon, Tozigoot Ruins Site, Red Rock County including all of Sedona and the great views north to Flagstaff. Yup... I had a ball with Red Rock Skydiving, and I bet you will too! Just do it!

Visited October 2012
Romania
3 attraction reviews
“What a rush !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

All i can say is that skydiving is a great experience, especially with these guys. They were really careful with us, explaining all the safety measures, the risks involved, answering all our questions and reasuring us that all will be fine. The equipment as far as i could tell is really well taken care of even though the airplanes are a bit worn. Our jump went really smooth, before i realized what i was doing i was already flying through the air, it's an amazing feeling ! The landing was very ok too, even though i had my doubts when they told us we will be landing on our rear ends :) . The instructor there is a german guy (whose name i unfortunately forgot), but he is really experienced and cool, he has over 4000 jumps, he is very reassuring and makes you feel really safe. If you ever decide to go to red rock skydiving try to jump with him, and also, take the camera man with you. We paid 75 dollars extra for video footage, cause we thought it would be funny to see our faces while we are freefalling and our cheeks are flapping in the air :)

Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Overall pretty positive experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

To celebrate our two year anniversary, it seemed like an excellent idea to jump out of a plane and experience the rush we're heard so many people talk about. Overall we had a good experience, with a few improvements to up the ante.

Nicest. Staff. Ever. From Alex who checked us in and ran us through the paperwork and video to Karl who quadruple checked our straps and handled the business aspect of it to Patrick and Andrew whom we tandem jumped with. You're made to feel very welcome and at ease. Even the pilot from Maine was very easy going and nice.

I jumped with Andrew who was awesome. I am afraid of heights and he was super reassuring, explaining all the steps to me. He's very professional and thorough in his approach of ensuring he tapped me 90 seconds in to allow me to extend my arms out (we had stabilized), he went the extra mile of making sure I had pretty much all great shots (even through I didn't look at the camera often). Safety came first with him above all and I felt strapped in perfectly tight and ready to conquer my fear of heights. He also ensured the landing was super soft.Thanks to Andrew for making my first jump the best!

My significant other didn't have quite the same experience. Though Patrick was exceptionally nice, he had missed a step when securing him in the harness (Karl triple-checked everything and corrected it). The other thing that really got my boyfriend was that the pictures didn't turn out as good as Patrick didn't go the extra mile like Andrew did. Andrew ensured to angle the camera to really get some great fully body shots with the canyons in the background, plus when looking at the pictures you can see the flow of pictures from start to finish. Unfortunately in my boyfriend's case there were no pictures at the end and only many awkward face shots. Additionally, Patrick didn't tap my boyfriend hard enough to extend his arms.To top it off they landed really hard on the gravel. Patrick was an extremely nice guy and if more attention to detail had been given throughout the jump, it would have been that much of a better first experience for him.

All in all, I would recommend this place. I had a great time jumping and you can't beat the view of the Sedona mountains from above. Pretty incredible.

Visited May 2012
London
91 attraction reviews
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

My parents and I did our first jump with Red Rock Skydiving and we found everyone there to be friendly, attentive and the views on the way back down to the ground were amazing. Would highly recommend.

Visited May 2012