“Blazin M Well Worth The $$$ Second Time Around!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 17 Activities in Cottonwood
Type: Ranchs, Ranch & Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Located along the Verde River in Cottonwood, Arizona, the historic Blazin' M Ranch has invited visitors of all ages to experience the Western heritage of Arizona for nearly two decades and is a must-do attraction during your visit to Sedona and the Verde Valley! Featuring mouth-waterin' BBQ ribs and chicken and a toe-tappin, knee-slappin' hour-long Western stage production by award-winning musicians, the Blazin' M is the perfect venue for groups of all sizes. Open year round, the climate-controlled barn accommodates 2 to 280 cowpokes! Guests are invited to arrive in plenty of time before dinner and show and be immersed in the Wild West complete with a museum, Old-Tyme photo studio, shooting gallery, ropin' lessons and Western shops filled with unique gifts. Belly up to the bar in the Copper Spur Saloon and partake in a local microbrew or area wine. Enjoy one of the most authentic and fun-filled adventures that Arizona has to offer by including the Blazin' M Ranch in Cottonwood as part of your Northern Arizona itinerary. Located just 20 minutes from Sedona and 5 minutes from the Verde Canyon Railroad
“Blazin M Well Worth The $$$ Second Time Around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our second adventure at the Blazin M Ranch proved to be just as much fun, if not more, then the first experience we enjoyed with our sons not long after the Maberys' opened the ranch nearly 20 years ago. This time, my husband and I had our 6 year old granddaughter and her friend in tow and they loved it! Great family style eating and yes, its a plate full (you won't need seconds) of mouth watering bbq chicken and beef, beans, cob corn, baked potatoes, slaw, dessert plus more, served up with an entertaining musical show, fun wagon ride through the mesquite and river bottom land (and past the headless horseman hangout) and the shops, museum and "test your skills" booths were all frosting on the cake. One of the best family entertainment places in Arizona, hands down! And if you don't have kids to bring along, your good friends will enjoy it too.

Burlington, Vermont
“Fun evening with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were looking for something to do after riding the Verde Canyon Railway and from a timing perspective, this was a perfect fit. It's right down the road from the railway. We got there about an hour before dinner which was just the right amount of time to look thru the shops, try to learn to lasso, take the brief hayride tour around the grounds and get a drink from the saloon.

Dinner was served buffet style but once everyone was served, the staff came around to the tables to offer seconds. The food was surprisingly good.

During dinner hour, the shopkeepers become the waitstaff, and the woman who sold me my ticket to the show, was actually the singer. They use their staff very efficiently.

The show itself consisted of 4 singers with a little bit of comedic bantering back and forth. It was very entertaining.

I know my review isn't really doing the place justice because it was really a fantastic evening.

Visited October 2013
“This was a great activity for the whole family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Not only is this a regular go - to place when family comes to visit, it is a great dinner. The value of great food and a musical show, all by itself, is a great deal. Then add the cute shops and very family like atmosphere and you have an excellent event!

Visited November 2013
Glendale, Arizona
“They ripped me off!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I tried to purchase items in 2 of their gift stores, and when they attempted to charge my credit card they kept saying they were having problems with the machine and kept swiping my card multiple times. I asked them several times to verify that I wasn't being charged for each swipe - they said "No", but much to my dismay when I checked my account activity when we got home -- sure enough, for what should have been 2 purchases, I was charged 5 times -- YES 5 TIMES!!! The next morning I immediately called Blazin M and they put me in touch with "Will" who was supposed to "handle it", over a month later, after having to call and email almost daily, they still hadn't rectified the situation, infact "Will" insinuated that I was trying to pull a fast one on them, and then they stopped taking my calls and he ignored my attempts to get my account refunded. I was forced to go to my bank and file a claim and investigation, after only 2 days, I was finally able to get the money refunded. We will NEVER visit this place again, and I have discouraged several people from going as well!!

Visited December 2012
ghostrider82, Owner at Blazin' M Ranch, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We take every nugget of information provided in a review to help us better understand our patrons and our business. We process the information and do our best to improve whether the review is 5 stars or 1 star. Essentially, there is always room for improvement. Having been in business for nearly 20 years and consistently earning the TripAdvisor Award of Excellence for receiving 4+ stars from our guests, we pride ourselves on our top-notch customer service and the vast majority of our reviews indicate such. We endeavor to provide exceptional and gracious customer service to every guest at every opportunity and we believe this philosophy has contributed to the longevity of our family business in our small community.

With this in mind, there are always two sides to every situation and in this case we appreciate the opportunity to also share ours. It is not often that we have credit card processing issues but as we all know, sometimes we are at the mercy of modern technology. In this case the guest, as indicated, was charged more than once for her transaction due to a lost communication between our merchant service provider and our credit card machine. This indicated to one of our retail associates that the charge had not been made, hence their repeated attempts to swipe the card and the subsequent duplicate transactions. We responded promptly, apologetically, courteously and efficiently to credit the overcharges. Everything from our end was researched and credited the same day, as necessary to correct the situation. The problem existed between the merchant providers and the issuing credit card company, who after numerous contacts from us to them, and more than a dozen emails keeping our guest informed of the status, required investigation on their part before the final credit was made (all credits, however, were completed within a 10-day period). As frustrating as the situation was for our guest, we believe full due diligence was done on our part and to say that they were “ripped-off” (which indicates intent) is damaging as well as hurtful when we worked diligently (as we would in every situation) to rectify the issue, and did so issuing full credit in as timely as a manner as possible from our end.

As mentioned earlier, there are always improvements that can be gleaned out of good as well as bad reviews. Because of this situation, which occurred almost a year ago in December of 2012, we have implemented a policy whereby our retail associates are trained to alert management when encountering a situation where a guest’s credit card requires more than one swipe, so we can attempt to circumvent any duplicate charges and make corrections immediately before the day’s sales are finalized with our merchant provider.

We are sorry that one uncontrollable circumstance created by a misguided credit card transaction that was fully resolved, tarnished what was an original positive review from this guest, where she responded: “Last night was the first time we had ever visited the Blazin’ M. We were there to celebrate my husband’s birthday and I just have to tell you that we had a great time! All of your staff was such a pleasure and you can tell they like and take pride in their jobs, which says a lot about your management and establishment”. This original review is truly reflective of who we are and what we do and hope we have the opportunity again sometime in the future to recreate this impression with this guest.

Thanks again for the opportunity to share our perspective.

Lori Mabery
Managing Partner
Sedona, Arizona
15 attraction reviews
“Best of the West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

A guest of Coldwell-Bankers "Client Appreciation Day", I was blown away ( not literally ) by the quality / taste/ flavor of the Wagon style chow we were served.
great ribs w/ Otis's secret sauce, killer slaw,biscuits with honey and butter and super tasty baked beans. What a truly satisfying meal !
The experience goes beyond top food. A wonderful Cowboy/ Cowgirl duo of acoustic playing, western themed singing and unexpected yodeling provided us with an entertaining day.
My time there was cut short with a business call, so a return trip to see roping and spend time on the property will be next.This is a gem on many levels and earns high mention.
So easy to find off the Cottonwood's Riverfront Park with generous parking and a spacious Western Barn (restaurant) with many other amenities on site.
Thanks Coldwell B and many thanks to the True Hospitality of Blazin" M ranch and staff !