“Plaza Bonita/Casa Bonita is Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Modesto, California
“Plaza Bonita/Casa Bonita is Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This restaurant is next door to the Best Western Hotel we are staying in and we walked over and had the best meal of our trip. We have been on the road for 5 days traveling through Nevada, Utah and AZ and this by far was the best meal of the whole trip. And being from San Diego (which has great mexican food available), I have to say it was some of the best Mexican style food I have eaten on any trip.
We had Seafood Soup that was filled with crab legs, octopus, calamari, shrimp, scallops and whitefish and it was fantastic. Another dish was the Mexican Stirfry. Also excellent. I had the Pollo Mole. Very tasty mole made with a touch of peanut butter. Not a heavy chile mole, which is what I had hoped for.
Our server was named Angel and he was very sweet and efficient. The food was brought to each person as it was finished and was served hot and fresh.
The employees seemed happy and seemed to enjoy their jobs.
I highly recommend this restaurant. Our compliments to the manager and chef.

• Visited February 2014

Prescott, Arizona
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Love Plaza Bonita....... until eating here.
Salsa was delicious, could have eaten is straight with a spoon. Thought we had a great start to our meal.
I had the fajitas which were good but not great.
The beans tasted a little off and had a bit of a fishy smell.
My mother ordered the Carne Asada "well done and overcooked". It was, but not enough. She sent it back to be burnt. It came back burnt (perfectly) as requested, but also had a definite rancid odor. (it stunk) She ate about half of it. Yuck!
I brought it to the attention of the manager and he agreed that it smelled bad, he said he would inform the cook. We were offered dessert. (no thanks) and were charged full price for the meal.
Within an hour of eating, a bathroom visit was required. Coincidence?
Service was good but we won't be back to this location. (we still like the one in Prescott Valley)

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Wow! The best Mexican meal I ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Visited Cottonwood over Christmas to visit Blazin M Ranch and sadly, due to travel delays we arrived too late to make our reservation. Pulled up to our hotel (Best Western) a bit gutted about it and decided to pop into Plaza Bonita for dinner. Best decision ever. We had the most amazing meals, at such a reasonable price and we left feeling glad that our plans hadn't worked out.
The portions were extremely generous, so much so that I took home my leftovers and this suited us for lunch on our travels the following day. Now I need to plan another trip which would incorporate a visit to Cottonwood, purely for my Mexican food fix!
Anyone using the Taco Bell down the road must be crazy!
Great service and unbelievably good food.

Cornville, Arizona
“delicious food poor service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I want to to congratulate the chef the food is awesome great mexican spices , I just love it my mother and I went on a Wednesday for dinner we ordered our favorite dishes pollo fundido & arroz con pollo our dishes came how we order them. But one small problem our server didn't really check up on us that was upsetting we didn't get a refill of ice tea until like 10 minutes while in the background we could've hear him very busy talking in the kitchen!!! I'm guessing he is a new server tall guy . We will be returning but not to that server !

Clarkdale, Arizona
“Best mexican food restaurant,and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I would like to acknowledge the excellent food, and service at Plaza Bonita Cottonwood, Arizona.
The young man named Esau, was very attentive, and helped make our dining experience very pleasant. All the other staff, were excellent also.They made sure we were content. The restaurant was very clean and will be returning, often!!! Thank you!