“Nice view, good wine and good service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Cornville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
southern cal
21 attraction reviews
“Nice view, good wine and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stopped here for some wine tasting. Sat outside and enjoyed the view on a nice cool December day. The wine was good and the service was good and friendly. A nice way to spend a couple of hours watching the world stand still.

Visited December 2012

Houston, Texas
13 attraction reviews
“Second Visit As Enjoyable As the First”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I visited this tasting room 2.5 years ago when spending a week in Sedona. A trip to Scottsdale this week and I made it a point to get back so that I could buy more wine to bring home. The key to an enjoyable visit is the time of day. Both times I arrived around lunch time and had the place practically to myself. This gave me time to talk to the staff and take my time. This time I bought a mixed case plus a couple of extra bottles.

Visited December 2012
Gilbert, Arizona
13 attraction reviews
“Love the wines, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is a review of the tasting room, and not of the wines. The wines, for the interested, are good and worth bringing home a few bottles. The grounds are very pleasant. Guests can walk down to the vineyards and down to Oak Creek to sit and enjoy a glass. I have visited Page Springs Cellars on three occasions, so this is a summation of those visits to the tasting room.

Our first visit was in January of 2012. The place was practically deserted, which was fine. We had plenty of time to taste and talk about the wines with the tasting room staff. We bought a glass of wine afterwards and walked down to the river to sit and enjoy the area. It was truly delightful. On our second visit a few months later, the place was far busier. The tasting was over very quickly. Of course one can take as long as desired to finish, but sometimes there's just this vibe that they want you to get in, buy the wine, and get out... Again we bought a glass, but because we were with family (including a small child) we decided to just sit on the deck. We got some looks of distaste from some hipsters at neighboring tables. I guess it's not PSC's fault if they attract schmucks like that. There was also an aborted visit a couple of months later - the place was mobbed so we gave it a miss.

Finally, we returned over Thanksgiving weekend. It was about as busy as on our second visit. Again, the tasting was over very quickly. I opted to not buy a glass and relax, even though we'd left the offensive little tyke with family this time. I hate feeling rushed when tasting. At least they're not to the point where the tasting room has become like a bar - it's too small in there for that. Am I a hot house flower? Sure. I like my tasting experience to be just so.

I give three pips for this tasting room, just because our first visit was so nice.

Visited November 2012
PSVC, Guest Relations Manager at Page Springs Cellars, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Hello Jason!

Thank you for your honest review and feedback on our winery! You bring up an important issue for us right now - traffic flow. Our Tasting Room has times when it becomes super packed (not a plus for most people) and then at other times our staff can focus one-on-one with guest for long periods of time. We are in the process of reviewing the traffic on our property and are trying to implement new programs and policies to address this concern. One idea has been to have a host stand with assigned seating which we are hoping to implement immediately.

Customer service is so important to our company and to our owner and winemaker Eric Glomski. We want our customers to have an engaging experience with our wines. This is such an amazing place and we want our Tasting Room to reflect our company's sensibility of connection to people, place and our wines. We have some adjustments to make in order to reestablish that goal but we are listening to all feedback and suggestions so please don't give up on us! We value your support and feedback and hope that (if you give us another shot) your next visit will be everything you could hope for. Please do give us a chance to make it up to you!

Cheers!
Susana
Anthem, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
“A Saturday "Funday"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Last Saturday, we headed up I-17 for our "quarterly visit" to the Verde Valley Wine Country, and Page Springs Cellars was on the list. We were there to pick up our club "allotment", and visited the tastingroom. We were greeted warmly by Barbara, and she led us through a marvelous tasting. Sooo...in addition to our quarterly pickup we added a few more bottles, including a Viognier that will be pairing with our turkey for our Thanksgiving dinner. The setting is lovely, I recommend a stroll thru the grounds! There is a fee for tasting (but not for club members) and you get to keep the glass.

Visited November 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
8 attraction reviews
“Page Springs wine tasting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We spent a wonderful fall afternoon wine tasting just south of Sedona, AZ. The time spent at Page Springs Cellars was so nice. The staff were knowledgeable about their wines and many were very good. We spent time walking the rows of vines, sipping wine on the deck over the river, and enjoying the atmosphere. I would recommend a stop at this winery for a delightful time.

Visited October 2012