“My favorite pizza place in this area” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Pizza
Chandler, Arizona
“My favorite pizza place in this area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Grimaldi's uses fresh ingredients and I love the crust! It's the closest thing to pizza from Napoli on this side of the world! Try it!

Visited February 2013

81% Recommend
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great pizza and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Pizza is truly one of a kind, and you can't beat the flavor and texture that comes from the coal oven. Service was great and we never had to ask for beverage refills. Prices are bit high for pizza, but it is well worth the extra dough for the best dough around!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Maricopa, Arizona
“They Screwed Up Our Order!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

WTF! As I stated in my pervious reviews, I order our items staggered so that they arrive HOT. For this visit, I ordered one small house salad, then one large pizza with extra Basil, another with Pepperoni/sauage and a large Calzone with pepperoni. I wanted them to arrive in that order. First the salad arrived and it was great. Then the first pizza arrived with the calzone arriving slightly after. The basil pizza then arrived when we were ready for it BUT it was COLD on a warm serving tray.

They cooked everything at once and kept it warm–not what I ordered or wanted! The Basil pizza was sent back for a new replacement-they had the gaul to ask if I wanted it reheated! No, I want it as I ordered it--cooked fresh and served out of the oven while not in a holding pattern being kept warm and ruined!.

Therefore for our next visit, I will order the salad, Upon its arrival, will order the first pizza. When that arrives, the second pizza will be ordered. Then order the Calzone when the last pizza arrives. We like our pizza cooked to order and NOT kept warm until we are ready for it.

If you like my review--how about hitting the like button?

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tempe, Arizona
“Some bad pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Good location, nice interior decor, charming outdoor seating. Too bad the food wasn't good.
We ordered a large pizza, 18", for 3 PF us to share. We ordered extra cheese, but when the pizza arrived there was hardly any cheese, or sauce, much less extra cheese.

1 pizza, I soft drink, 2 draft beers - $47 including g tip.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Maricopa, Arizona
“One Of The Best In AZ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great item arrived in my email box–a free pizza for my birthday! I signed up for this two years ago and have gotten this offer twice.

We arrived on Saturday 11/17/2012 after the lunch hour since it was the weekend. We were greeted and seated right away with drink orders taken. We ordered a small house salad with salami–really enough for three people since a pepperoni pizza was ordered.

The salad arrived as ordered and was very good as usual. The pizza arrived just as we were almost finished with the salad. The pizza is thin crust and is very good. TIP: If you're ordering more than one hot item, have them serve it staggered so that everything is hot when you get to it.

I highly recommend this location of Grimaldi's! One of the best pizzas in AZ.

• Visited November 2012