“Good All Around” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Rome, GA
“Good All Around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Told by our hotel crew that this was a good place to eat and loved by the locals. They were not wrong. Not too pricey and great prime rib. Wait staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make the meal enjoyable. Next time in the Chandler/Phoenix area, I will be back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

az
“Do yourself a favor and go to the Black Angus down the road.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I frequent the Black Angus in the same area. We decided for our anniversary to try The Keg. I was pleased to find Pimm's on the drink menu so I ordered a Pimm's Cup. I was displeased to find they charged me for a specialty drink on the menu (the 14th hole, I think) which also contains other liqueurs. The shrimp cocktail was very fresh and well cleaned. The steaks were of very high quality and cooked as ordered but under seasoned. My sides included a caesar salad (it was okay), grilled vegetables (zucchini was under done- it was pretty much raw with grill marks on it) and a twice baked potato (which tasted primarily of green onion.) Service was nothing special. We waited for about 3 minutes before being greeted by the hostess. The lighting was very dark and the music sounded like a dance club. For half the price of our bill we would have had a much more satisfying meal at the Black Angus.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chandler, Arizona
“Inconsistently Awesome”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I went to the Keg in Gilbert in May and had an absolutely wonderful experience with amazing food and attentive waitstaff. About $60 for two people isn't too bad. It had been a long time since we had been and it was so fantastic that we decided to go again for Father's Day with our children. That time we went to the one in Chandler and it was okay. Our reservation was for 7:30 and we got there 5 minutes late and our table wasn't ready which was fine, but from that point until we left was 2.5 hours and we did not linger nor wait. I'd love to blame it on a busy and full house for Father's day but that wasn't the case. I could excuse the first maybe 40 minutes on that but then everyone was gone and the service was s-l-o-w. We ordered our kids' meals with the drinks and we ordered when she came back with the drinks and the kids' meals arrived before we even got our salads. There was about a 15 minute wait between every "course" and I'd say about 30 minutes between dinner and the deserts that came included with the holiday set meal and the children's meals that had been ordered in advance. And when all of this was said and done it was to the cost of almost $200 which at least for us is quite extravagant. It will be a while before I try them again... long enough to forget taking the family. I would like a repeat of the wonderful two person dinner my husband and I had last month. Maybe next time we will drive back over to Gilbert... it could be a location issue.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice birthday treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The only time we usually go here is for our birthdays. If you sign up they send you a birthday certificate. Would like to go more often but it's a little pricey and I can never leave without eating their wonderful creme brûlée. Absolutely the best!

Visited December 2011
Allen, Texas
“Food is great Service could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Wait at this resturant was not long, area we sat in was clean, atmosphere was warm tones, low light and relaxing. The food was good but the waitress was delayed too long inbetween service or disappeared. I can understand if the restaurant was busy but it was a slow night. The drinks were overpriced, seemed to be water downed a bit. Customer service is such an important part of a business that it can break or make a restaurant. Don't get me wrong, I came for good food but if it takes too long to get it then I tend to go somewhere else.

Visited February 2012