“Best dining experience ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kai Restaurant

Kai Restaurant
5594 W Wild Horse Pass Blvd, Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort, Chandler, AZ 85070-4000
(602) 225-0100
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kai Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 522 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I-10 and Wild Horse Pass Blvd
Description: Recipient of the Coveted AAA Five Diamond Award and Forbes Five-Star Award, KAI, meaning 'seed' in the Pima language, features a menu rich in creativity, history and Native American culture. Executive Chef Conor Favre and Chef de Cuisine Joshua Johnson incorporate the essence of the Pima and Maricopa tribes and locally farmed ingredients from the Gila River Indian Community to create unforgettable masterpieces. James Beard Award-winning Chef Janos Wilder is consulting chef for KAI and is renowned for creating unique and indigenous menu experiences. Open for dinner Tuesday - Saturday, reservations are strongly recommended. KAI maintains a smart business casual dress code. It prohibits hats, T-shirts, and shorts for both ladies and gentlemen, including open-toed sandals for men. Dress hats for ladies are acceptable. Denim is not preferred. As a courtesy to other diners, please refrain from using cell phones or laptops in the dining room.
Barrhead, Canada
“Best dining experience ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was an experience of a lifetime. I would recommend this restaurant experience to anyone. The attention to detail is impeccable, service extraordinary and the food was a thoroughly tinitilatingly tasty excursion into the unknown. Loved it!

• Visited February 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Ate at Kai last night to celebrate an anniversary and acceptance of a new job. My husband had been wanted to eat here for a while but we held out for a special occasion. Kai did not dissapoint. I agree with Robert V in the other review. Absolutely the best fine dining restaurant in Arizona. We were reminded of our reservation the day before as well as the dress code. Complimentary valet is available. Our server Quenton and his assistant were great and helped guide us through the menu. We wanted to try "The Journey" (a 13 course tasting) however we were planning on driving home about 1.5hrs after dinner so thought we better keep it a bit light. We enjoyed the sea trout for "the birth" course. My husband had the lobster degustation for the second course and we follwed with the Colorado Lamb and Buffalo for the main course. The food tasted absolutely delicious and was perfectly cooked. The utensils were chilled or warmed as appropriate for each dish. We were so full we weren't able to try anything from the dessert menu "the afterlife" but we will be back. When we went to get our car for our long drive home, it was already waiting for us at the entrance with 2 bottles of Voss, a small box of chocolates and a card.

• Visited January 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Amazing experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My friend and I decided to splurge and found this lovely place. Excellent food and very friendly staff. Was a bit hard to find but well worth he trip. A bit pricey for me but you cant complain with what you get.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
El Paso, TX
“The best service I've had in fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My friend and I went to Kai as a splurge at the end of our business trip. The resort was a little hard to find since it's easy to mistake the Wild Horse Pass Resort and Casino as the location of the restaurant. It's a little further than the Wild Horse Pass Casino. Kai was worth the drive!

We used the valet service to park the car. The restaurant was small and intimate. We were offered drinks while we waited for our table to be prepared. We were seated soon after and the host apologized for our wait since we did have a reservation and had to wait. The art on the walls and on the menu were from local artists, and the food offering was also locally produced. The food was very good. The presentation was the best that I've seen (see photos).

The service, however, was what really stood out. There were two of us at the table, and two waiters attended to us. One of them was Kevin, who happened to also be the supervisor. They attended to all of our needs. At the end of the meal, we stepped into our car after getting it from the valet and there was a thank you note on the dash from Kevin, a bottle of Voss water in the cup holder, and a box of chocolates. What a nice touch! We have spent as much at restaurants in Vegas, Seattle, and Washington DC but no one has matched this attention to details! I would highly recommend.

• Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
“An Arizona must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had lived in the Phoenix area for a long time and had heard great things about Kai, but I was always turned off by the location connected to an Indian Casino. This time around I was in town for a conference and was given the task of choosing a site for my group's dinner, so I thought I would give it a try. Several members of my team are pretty cultured, so I was hoping for a nice dinner. Overall, it was an outstanding experience.

First, they were very understanding of a change in our group number. We were given a private room which made the event feel all the more special. Jeremy was the lead waiter, and he did a really great job. For some guests that have never been to Arizona before, the mix of history, culture and artistry made it a truly unique experience. Even the choice of wines met our critics' tastes. We were operating within a budget and even though the restaurant is expensive, we more than got our money's worth. The "extras" that you don't find in restaurants anymore is what set the experience apart. It is pretty unique in this day and age to find a thank you note from the waiter when you arrive back in your room.

If you are looking for an excellent meal, that is part of a uniquely Arizona experience, I would highly recommend Kai as your choice.

• Visited December 2012