“So Sad” 2 of 5 stars

(480) 812-4701
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 519 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 101 Freeway Exit
Chandler, Arizona
“So Sad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been a fan and customer of Benihana for many years, which makes this review so sad to write. I was totally unimpressed with our meal. The chef at the table just went through the motions and it was nothing too special. He under cooked my wife's shrimp and did not even cut my steak good.

There are better options available if you would like to dine out for Teppanyaki.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

“Just average, I expected more.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Since I was traveling alone, I ate up at the bar (very small, only held about 6-8 people). I had the steak with shrimp and scallops and it was lukewarm and a little bland. I expected more from Benihana...seems like the food was prepared too quick or sat in the kitchen for awhile before I received it. The service was above average and responsive.

Visited November 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Birthday fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great restaurant , great service. had a reservation and we were in right on time. My daughters bday and she loved the entertainment and the food and will definately come back!

Visited November 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Hibachi Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Visited Benihana on my birthday the month. I've gone to many Benihana restaurants all around the country over the last twenty years. However, this was my most my favorable entertainment experience with the chef and the food was excellent! Although, Hibachi style chef are normally Japanese, our server was Hispanic. Let me tell you he really put on on a show. He was also very funny. His name was Kevin.

• Visited September 2012
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Fun for all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We celebrated my teenage son's birthday at Benihana last night. Great fun! We have been to this restaurant before for birthdays and enjoyed it. Unfortunately we didn't know about the birthday coupon but will be sure to use it next time! I would suggest going early ( 5 to 6) as they fill up quickly. The food was delicious and it's always fun to watch the chef in action!

• Visited September 2012