“Just average, I expected more.” 3 of 5 stars

(480) 812-4701
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 522 restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 101 Freeway Exit
“Just average, I expected more.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Since I was traveling alone, I ate up at the bar (very small, only held about 6-8 people). I had the steak with shrimp and scallops and it was lukewarm and a little bland. I expected more from Benihana...seems like the food was prepared too quick or sat in the kitchen for awhile before I received it. The service was above average and responsive.

Visited November 2012

64% Recommend
Phoenix, Arizona
“Birthday fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great restaurant , great service. had a reservation and we were in right on time. My daughters bday and she loved the entertainment and the food and will definately come back!

Visited November 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Hibachi Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Visited Benihana on my birthday the month. I've gone to many Benihana restaurants all around the country over the last twenty years. However, this was my most my favorable entertainment experience with the chef and the food was excellent! Although, Hibachi style chef are normally Japanese, our server was Hispanic. Let me tell you he really put on on a show. He was also very funny. His name was Kevin.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Fun for all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We celebrated my teenage son's birthday at Benihana last night. Great fun! We have been to this restaurant before for birthdays and enjoyed it. Unfortunately we didn't know about the birthday coupon but will be sure to use it next time! I would suggest going early ( 5 to 6) as they fill up quickly. The food was delicious and it's always fun to watch the chef in action!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix
“Express Lunch - I think not!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Their website boosts express lunch, getting you in and out and back to work; however when myself and 2 friends went there for lunch, we got seated but waited and waited for anyone to take our order. The restaurant was not crowded and we were seated at the bar and that area had plenty of seating. We ordered our food but had to wait and wait and finally asked if it would be out soon as by now, we were definitely going to be late getting back to work. We all ordered the same thing, the chicken hibachi rice bowl which was very good, however, there were hardly any vegetables or sauce in our dishes. I had been here for dinner with my husband and we also had to wait then. I thought since they offered "express lunch" there would be no wait, but I was wrong.

• Visited August 2012