“Express Lunch - I think not!” 3 of 5 stars

(480) 812-4701
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 520 restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 101 Freeway Exit
Phoenix
“Express Lunch - I think not!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Their website boosts express lunch, getting you in and out and back to work; however when myself and 2 friends went there for lunch, we got seated but waited and waited for anyone to take our order. The restaurant was not crowded and we were seated at the bar and that area had plenty of seating. We ordered our food but had to wait and wait and finally asked if it would be out soon as by now, we were definitely going to be late getting back to work. We all ordered the same thing, the chicken hibachi rice bowl which was very good, however, there were hardly any vegetables or sauce in our dishes. I had been here for dinner with my husband and we also had to wait then. I thought since they offered "express lunch" there would be no wait, but I was wrong.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

65% Recommend
Noblesville, Indiana
“Enjoyable Evening Celebrating My Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Used my birthday certificate from Benihana that I received for being on their email list. Went on a Wednesday evening around 5:15 and the place was filling up fast. We were seated within 5 minutes and the waiter for our Teppanyaki table was very attentive to everyone's needs. The chef was delightful and fun. Food was excellent. Can't wait to go again!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh
“Happy Hour is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Many good selections and drinks at a reduced price, gets crowded fast but worth it. Good assortment of food and drinks at a very reasonable price.

Visited May 2012
Phoenix
“Good Food...Not So Great Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Took my husband here for his birthday celebration. We got there when they opened only to find out there was a 45 minute wait for the hibachi tables so we opted to sit in the bar area at one of the small tables. We could get the same menu but without the "entertainment". It was very hot in the bar area and we sat there for awhile before the server came over. She took our order but forgot the extra salad dressing my husband requested so we had to remind her. Our dinner was good. My husband had the steak and lobster and I had the steak and shrimp. The steak was alittle fatty but all in all it was good. Dinner came with ice cream and that was an extra treat. All in all, it was a nice dinner, but we felt the waitress could have been alittle more attentive. Do go but call ahead to request the hibachi tables and be entertained if you have never had the experience.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Great Place To Go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I went here with a friend during the lunch hours (it's half the price) I HIGHLY recommend getting a table where they cook the food in front of you. You will have the best time. They do tricks with the food and it's really enjoyable!

• Visited August 2011