“Bad check-in, good room” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #14 of 26 hotels in Chandler
Anaheim, California
“Bad check-in, good room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed one night while driving through town.
I arrived tired around 10:30 PM. The only one in the lobby was the clerk. Nobody else was there either. He went to the desk to check me in silently. The whole time he only spoke the minimum and didn't say anything to be courteous nor did he crack a smile. I don't expect clerks to be bubbling or nosy when I check-in but I do expect minimum courtesy & professionalism.
If I had booked through Priceline for a cheap price, I might expect them to be a little less friendly. But I booked my room directly using the Best Western website, so I paid a retail rate.
Other than that, the room was up to standards.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Harry P, Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Chandler, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
I'd first like to thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate receiving feedback. On behalf of all of us here at the Best Western Inn of Chandler, I apologize for not meeting your expectations. I hope you will give us another chance if you are in town again. Once again thank you for your review.

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Spring Valley, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a very nice hotel located in Chandler. AZ. While it is a little older, the room was large and comfortable, the flat screen tv a plus. Beds were so nice. Grandkids liked the pool, and the breakfast a huge plus. Waffles, sausage and eggs, pastry, toast, cereal and the coffee was great. Right next to McDonalds, and we never went. They make every effort to be friendly and professional. Computer at front desk area was great and easy to use with a printer for directions. Highly recommend this place for a family with kids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Harry P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Chandler, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Inn of Chandler. We really appreciate receiving feedback about our customer's stay. Please visit us again if you are in Chandler again. Once again I'd like to reiterate our appreciation for your review. Thank you!
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here one night. The room was very very clean. The A/C worked very well without a lot of noise. Bed was very comfortable. Nice flat screen TV with good channel selection. The breakfast had a good selection of hot items. Bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy. Staff was friendly. Hotel is at a busy intersection but it was very quiet as the motel sits back off the road next to a McDonalds.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Harry P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Chandler, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for leaving feedback about your recent stay at our motel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. It was a pleasure having you stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again and once again thank you for taking time to post this review.

Arizona City, Arizona, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

we stayed at the motel as my husband needed to have surgery. Everything was fine == didn't use pool, didn't make use of the amenities. Everything was fine, housekeeping did a good job. we were at the hospital all the time, rather than the motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Harry P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Chandler, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
I hope everything went well while you were here in Chandler. We really appreciate the time that our customer's put into reviewing our hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Inn of Chandler! I hope you come visit us again when you're in town.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Staff somewhat friendly and warm. Just didn't seem to add that extra oomph of customer service that would have me think theyre happy im there. regardless, room was as expected; I've come to count on large comfortable bed and flat screen tv ahead. Clean bathroom though not very spacious. I was concerned about road noise or traffic noise from the adjacent mcdonalds, however, this did not prove to be a factor. The pool looked moderately welcoming except the driveway I would have to cross to get to it. A welcome and comfortable stay that should have been, perhaps, $20 cheaper.

Room Tip: rooms toward the rear of the facility wont be sharing parking with neighboring businesses
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from our customers. I'm glad to hear that you were overall satisfied with your stay. We hope the next time you're in Chandler that you visit us again.
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The modest front entry of this motel is deceptive. We found the rooms and common areas were extremely clean. The rooms are located off of the main road so they are protected from traffic noise. The beds were comfortable and there was a new flat screen TV. There was a wide selection of items for breakfast. Unfortunately, when we were ready for breakfast at 6:30 a.m. not all of the items were quite ready or hot. The coffee was good. The staff was accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Harry P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Chandler, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing us. We really appreciate your feedback and are glad to know that you had a positive experience with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Orem, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was my first time here. Check in went well as the clerk was cordial and professional. I was placed on the 2nd floor and what I didn't realize was this place has no elevator. So if you're going to be here for a while like me and had lots of baggage have fun carrying it up the stairs. The room was good sized, clean and cozy. The only negative about the room was I killed 2 mesquitoes and another was still flying around and I couldn't get him. The breakfast was nothing to brag about compared to others. I got to the breakfast room (a total of only 5 tables) when they opened. The clerk was still cooking and there were a total of 5 pieces of sausage available. There was a container labeled "bacon" but it was empty. I've had much better at other hotels. I'll be looking around before I book a room here again. Guess I expected more for $107 a nite.

Room Tip: Hope you don't have much luggage as there is no elevator to the 2nd floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn of Chandler? Share your experiences!