“Very clean, newer motel and quiet” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Seattle
“Very clean, newer motel and quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

I travel frequently and like to stay at the Marriott chain of hotels, usually at the Residence Inn or Courtyard when possible. When traveling to Phoenix during the Winter months, the room rates of all the hotels are quite high and my company won't authorize room rates over $135 per night. As such, I selected the Fairfield Inn in Chandler (which had a rate within my allowable) and I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a very low-end hotel room but instead found a quite modern, up-to-date hotel with all the amenities of the Courtyard hotels that I was use to. A very comfortable room that was quiet with a nice soft bed.

The hotel doesn't have an exercise room, but instead offers free passes at the local LA Fitness gym which is about 1 mile west of the hotel (which I used twice). There's also a Marie Callender's restaurant within walking distance and a Denny's across the main street. Down near the LA Fitness gym are several other eateries and coffee shops.

The hotel is located towards the south part of Chandler/Phoenix off the Interstate 10, so I was further out from the main part of town. But, that wasn't a big issue since I-10 wasn't too busy and I could quickly get into the Phoenix/Tempe area within 15-20 minutes.

Since staying here, I'm now making it my primary hotel in the Winter months and possibly for the Summer as well. Having free access to the LA Fitness gym is a big PLUS to me, and I'm glad to have that option. I highly recommend this hotel if you want a clean, quiet, relatively new hotel that is a bit out of the beaten path and want to save some bucks.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
From CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

We stayed for one night traveling through AZ. We had stayed the night before in another Fairfield Inn. This one was much nicer. Interior corridors and the person who checked us in gave us bottles of water and Goldfish crackers for the kids. The dining area was better than the previous Fairfield and though basic continental, we thought it was pretty good for what we paid for the room. Hotel is near a mall, IKEA, and other businesses we would need to find (we took the kids to a movie at the mall). Denny's, Marie Callendar, and Whattaburger are right there.

Room was clean and comfortable...we usually stay in Courtyards, but even my kids loved this Fairfield; not especially fond of the one from the night before. Nice having a fridge and separation of bathroom area from main sleeping area.

Oh yeah...fresh chocolate chip cookies in the lobby when we checked in...nice touch.

Will stay here again if passing through PHX.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable, service, accessibility to freeway and businesses
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vail, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

My daughter's soccer team stayed at this property the end of October for a soccer tournament. As it turns out, I'm the hotel coordinator for her team, and was the one who made the reservations through Kaz, who was extremely helpful and tolerant of all the changes the families kept throwing at me!

My daughter and I stayed in the Executive King Suite that had a pull-out sofa. We enjoyed the little bit of extra space when the pull-out was serving as a couch and not a bed! The room isn't huge, but had a microwave, a small refrigerator, and a coffee maker (that I decided against using after seeing the condition of the remainder of the room!).

Unfortunately, being the hotel coordinator for the team does not, apparently, afford me any luxuries! When my daughter and I arrived, we noticed that the toilet looked as though it had not been cleaned anytime recently! Under the rim of the toilet, there were black mildew looking areas where the water runs from the rim into the bowl. At first, I tried to convince myself that I could deal with it! Finally decided to ask the front desk for a toilet brush so that I could clean it! The front desk clerk is the one who came and cleaned it for us! In addition to the toilet, we found several pretzels on the floor, and in the center of the floor, at least two crushed pretzels---pretty indicative that the room had not been vacuumed recently (or at least not well).

The breakfast was, essentially, an elaborate Continental Breakfast. It had the typical Continental fare with build-your-own waffles, as well as Jimmy Dean Bacon & Egg biscuits.

As an added note, the hotel would have received a much lower rating if the desk clerk had not come to clean our toilet. At the same time, I really can't rate it above average since it was not clean when we got there!

• Liked — Location to the field our team played at
  • Disliked — Beds were pretty hard
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

A return visit to this property, after previously staying in March 2007.

Stayed for 9 nights and once again the hotel proved excellent value for money.

The staff are very helpful and I would like to thank Jeremiah for changing our room so promptly after over 15 hours of air travel from the UK. Nothing wrong with the first room other than it was right next to the elevator.

Rooms cleaned to a very high standard. Breakfast is the usual fare, though can get quite busy especially at the weekends!

Not much different from my last visit. Would recommend.

Oh, and they need more umbrellas at the pool! Only one for the whole of the poolside area! It does get hot in Phoenix!

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean, good value for money
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
toronto,canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

stayed in this place 2 nights ago. its worth the money. the bed is comfortable, our room is quiet even if it was beside the elevator. there is a microwave and fridge as well as soap,shampoo and conditioner. for the price, this place is excellent. i would stay there again.

• Liked — the bed is very comfortable
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2006

Hotel was not out of this world, but had the necessities. There is a computer in the lobby with free internet access. They also have access in all their rooms. Continental breakfast was very nice and pool was small. would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2006

was staying there from Jan 28 for a week. Hotel has very basic amenitites with small swimming pool and small breakfast hall (4-5 tables).
Hotel offers free continental breakfast where you can get usual fare (fruits, mlik, juice, cereals, wafles).
real highlight and most positive moment for me is that hotel have an agreement with LA fitness nearby so regardless of the fact hotel is very small you have almost state of the art swimming pool.
hotel offers shampoo (think something like Pantene) and soap, so if you use conditioner or shower gel, bring your own.

Caveats:
hotel is too close to I-10 slip road so you can hear the traffic, do try to get the room at the far (from I-10) end of the hotel.
at the moment of my stay hotel was undergoing room renovation and it has distinctive smell of construction-related chemicals.

Overall, very basic hotel, which I probably should've expected from Marriott entry level property but price I paid looks excessive compared to what this hotel could offer (paid $139/night which is their weekend rate).

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!