“Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful. The property is conveniently located to restaurants and to where my business was in Tempe. My room was clean and quiet, and the bed was comfortable.

The property is starting to show its age, but it isn't a horrible place. I would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Todd S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for the review of your recent stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix/Chandler. We are glad we were able to meet your needs while you were a guest here. If you ever need a hotel in the Chandler area again, we hope we will be your first choice.

Thank you again for choosing us, and we look forward to having you as a guest in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

our house is getting remodeled so we stayed here with points. its not fancy and a bit dated but its quiet and reasonably clean. It has what we look for in a hotel, free parking, free breakfast, free wifi with no hotel nonsense gouging fees. plenty of places to eat in the area within walking distance.
its tucked away in an industrial area full of hotels and businesses. Its a place to stay with no frills - its has a laundry so you can do your wash for extended stays. in room microwave and fridge - more to like than not like. The front desk people are friendly and helpful. it has what you need and the basics are here. Yeah its a bit dated as others have said you get a clean quiet room and a place to work and live for us while our house was remodeled this was just fine. Its not the 4 seasons but its not a motel next to a truck stop either.

Room Tip: away from elevator equipment 2 or 3rd floor. facing away from highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Todd S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, April 23, 2014

Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Definitely showing its age, but the room was clean. Hallways seem confined and unappealing. One, slow elevator. Staff was nice enough. Bed was comfortable and it was close to my meeting location so it got the job done. If I wasn't trying to get Marriott points I'd probably have preferred someplace else. Staff was nice and responsive. It does have a pool that looked nice, so if you have time (I didn't) that might be a nice benefit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Todd S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix/Chandler. We were glad to hear that your bed was comfortable and the location was convenient. We also appreciate the kind words about the staff here. As for the hallways, we will look into if there are any ways to make them feel more open and appealing.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope that if you are ever back in the Chandler area again, you would stay with us again. We'd love to have you.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We were 3 couples needing an overnight stop near the freeway and shopping centers. We were driving back to Tucson the next day. Rooms were available early so we were able to put our bags in the rooms and go about our day of visiting the MIM and the Desert Botanical Gardens. Rate was less than some others in the area - good competition in that location! The rooms were very nice, clean, well decorated. We were next to the elevator and this posed absolutely no problem, as it can in other hotels. We slept well and enjoyed the breakfast. The desk clerks could not have been nicer and never missed saying hello and wishing us a good day. I have only one complaint and it is that the breakfast room is small and pretty tight to get around the tables. One woman was sitting on the floor while nursing a baby. That was her choice, of course, but an odd sight at breakfast. The food was good...scrambled eggs and sausage -piping hot-and other items. The gentleman refilling the breakfast bar was efficient and friendly. All in all this was a stop we would make again. Conveniently located for us, since we wanted to go to Arizona Mills shopping center on our way back to Tucson.
I liked it enough to join their club!!

Room Tip: We liked our 3rd floor room next to the elevator, seriously! It was super quiet on the floor...or e...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix/Chandler. We are glad to hear you had a good time here at the hotel, and that it met your needs perfectly. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This aged hotel is tucked away behind a number of others in odd configuration off a highway junction. The hotel is very basic with only a breakfast buffet area, but staff were very helpful. The surrounding area restaurants are unimpressive and be prepared to take your life into your own hands if you want to walk to them. The cost was $194 a night! Suggest you stay at the Radisson next door. They have a bar and restaurant, which is almost civilized for Chandler!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Todd S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix/Chandler. I'm sorry you felt the area around the hotel did not feel safe, I can assure you it is. I am glad though to hear our staff was helpful to you.

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, and would look forward to having you as a guest again if you're ever back in the Chandler area. Thanks and have a great day!
Valencia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I called 12 hours in advance to reserve a top floor room away from the elevator. When I arrived they gave me a room on the second floor even though the parking lot was empty. After several attempts, of what looked liked the guy programming the International Space Station, the clerk finally put me on the third floor but RIGHT NEXT too the elevator. The furniture looks right out of the 70's and the walls seem beaten. There are plenty of hotels right next door. STAY AWAY....

Room Tip: Very tired poking Marriott.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Todd S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix/Chandler. I am sorry to hear you did not have a good experience, that is disappointing. I was hoping you might be able to contact me directly at the hotel so that I could review exactly what happened, and why your request was not granted. I know it is frustrating when you do not receive the room you asked for, and I'd like to correct any issues we have so that it does not happen to any future guests.

If you are ever in the Chandler again, I would invite you come back and try us again, I am sure we can provide you with a much better experience than this past stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, and have a great day!
St. Joseph
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The room I'm in supposedly runs for $169 a night and I'm very unimpressed. Furniture is cheap looking and all scraped up. Updated carpet and wallpaper, but room is rather small and the sink is old with chips and scorch marks, (curling iron burns).

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for the feedback on your stay here, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the hotel with others. Unfortunately, that experience has not lived up to our standards.

I believe I have spoken with you this morning, and am moving you to a different room and offering compensation for the inconvenience. If there is anything else I can do for you, please contact the front desk directly.

Thank you again for the feedback.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!